People will B&M about it and the price

• Thread starter jeffb
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jeffb

Reaction score
But this amp sounds effing righteous.

And afaic, kicks the AFD to the curb when they A/B them (yes I know they are supposed to sound different, but AFD sounds like a toy comparatively)

Listen on good cans/speakers.

jeffb

Reaction score
Forgot to add, saw someone lasylt night selling a full stack " used" on Sweetwater's used site for 20k , lmao

EndGame00

Reaction score
Haven't had the chance to check the full demo.. I've heard snippets here and there, and it thought it sounded like a tamer or toned-down 800.....

jeffb

Reaction score
I bought a less expensive Plexi clone last month and it has 2 bright toggle switches, both heavy duty metal.
I get what you are saying but that toggle is also operable by the footswitch. You can use it manually, but that's not the way you will be using it live/at the gig i.e. 99% of the time.. All the Magnatone m80 amps are the same.

For that type of part and the limited use it will get, I have Zero issue with it. Marshall's plastic rockers are way worse (and I've had a few that needed to be placed, including my very first Marshall)

What?

Reaction score
It definitely sounds good. And yea, the price is nuts.

Trelwheen

Delicious AND Satisfying
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, it sounds very much like my Super Fifty Nine M80! A little bit splatty. Not the greatest note separation. Nice and tight though, at least for a Marshall-style amp.

Sure is a pretty thing.