Piece of SHIT chinese Gibson copies

• Thread starter shredless
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
729bc86c5795400db2dd7ae.png

poeman33

Reaction score
I have two problems with them.

1. They knowingly try to fake. It would be alot better if they called themselves Tang Guitars or The Chinese Guitar Company or something...but they don't...they put Gibson or Fender on the headstock.

2. I just don't trust something that comes out of a country that will knowingly poison their own babies for the sake of a better profit margin. If I have a choice (and alot of time I don't)...I steer clear of made in China.

There might be good ones, but I will never own one.

Oculophilia

Reaction score
I wont own a chinese Gibson either. I avoid chinese made products as much as possible. Though i understand the allure of the counterfeits.

johnfv

Reaction score
I have never had a "forgery" Gibson copy but have had great experiences with Epiphone, most of which are GOOD Chinese Gibson "copies". In fact, in my experience with Epiphone QC is far better than Gibsons, YMMV...

SuperBeaver

Reaction score
I don't mind them. If anyone is dumb enough to buy one they get what they deserve.
With the Internet on hand these days and forums like this to ask as many dumb questions as you like before you buy there is no excuse for such behaviour.

SuperBeaver

Reaction score

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I have never had a "forgery" Gibson copy but have had great experiences with Epiphone, most of which are GOOD Chinese Gibson "copies". In fact, in my experience with Epiphone QC is far better than Gibsons, YMMV...

I've heard stories like this, too. China is getting better and better over the years. I'd honestly prefer to get an Epi LPC over a Gibson because honestly, I'd never spend over $2000 for a guitar. :lol:

Oculophilia

Reaction score
I've never paid over 2000 for a guitar, nor have I had a bad gibson. I always buy used and I always play a guitar before I buy. Buying guitars sight unseen seems a bit crazy to me. Anyway, I have a gibson sg standard and gibson les paul supreme that I am really happy with.

Quasar-Kid

Reaction score
I'm sure some of these counterfeits are being made in the chinese epiphone factories. In a sense it serves gibson right for doing business with china.

EVERYBODY does business with China
Name a MAJOR guitar company that does not (I'm actually curious) maybe I'll learn something

custom53

Reaction score
All i can say is that you guys better not get on the Tokai's !!!!

I really like mine !!

there better built that might think ...

That is different... They aren't trying to be a Gibson Copy.. They are their own brand.. Like Burny... I have no problem with them... At least the Japan models..