Please Have A Recording Thread

• Thread starter renips
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

renips

Reaction score
Request asking for a recording thread in the Tone Zone that is free standing. Many of us are recording artists are thirsty for knowledge and the overall Marshall forum would be better if it had a category allowing information to be disseminated by it's members. The Martshall forum is my favorite forum and I would love to be able to pass along my experience and gather knowledge from the members on this forum who Like myself use Marshall amps to create music. The existing thread is buried. What do you all think?

renips

Reaction score
Not sufficient enough in my opinion. It should be a free standing section with topics. This would attract more advertising. More revenue for the forum. It is really a no brainer.

Micky

VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sufficient enough in my opinion. It should be a free standing section with topics. This would attract more advertising. More revenue for the forum. It is really a no brainer.
So you mean a whole section? Not a thread like you asked?

renips

Reaction score
I am sorry. I posted incorrectly. Yes . A section. Just like
Building the classics
There are many recording artists on this forum that would gravitate to a section like this that pushes the Marshall amp towards the forefront of the recording process. It would attract others who would come to this forum for no other reason that to share knowledge and seek the same. I can't post on a thread or sticky that has hundreds of posts and is lost in translation. Not interesting to sift through dozens and dozens and dozens and dozens... get the point?. Hopefully this will become a reality. It will be a phenomenal success here. I really believe that. Maybe moderating it is a hassle. I get that. Hopefully this will be a positive evolution for this forum.

keennay

Reaction score

I've asked Alex before (who was all for it) and then tasked me to recommend a list of threads that should be moved to the new forum section. I think both of us lost track of time / got busy / eventually forgot.

Maybe if both you and I remind Alex at the same time, it'll get done this time. ;)

Send me a PM.

Sound Of A Gun

Reaction score
I would like an expanded recording section as well; I probably spend the same amount of time producing music as I do playing it!

ricksconnected

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure our good mods hands are tied with a lot of this
and probably would like to see some of the same things too.

maybe you guys should start a Dear Alex thread and let him see
the requests and he could go from there with his thoughts
of the pro's and con's of the request.
its not a bad idea your requests. 1 thread that we have now
gets confusing as there are so many sub topics that
can be covered more easy by having a section of it own.
I think a beginners guide to recording would be good too to
help folks like me that are having a hard time because there are so many
different options out there these days and a lot are not so user friendly for a beginner
trying to get into home recording. a lot of positives could come from a new Recording
section I think.

ok I have a question here. if we did have a section on recording, what should the
subtopics be? there has to be a limited number to make it easy on Alex, the mods,
and the folks involved in the thread right?

I say:

1, recording for beginners

anybody care to ad to this?

Sound Of A Gun

Reaction score
2 A section to post a mix and ask for constructive criticism from others
3 intermediate/advanced recording/mixing discussion
4 Gear reviews and recommendations
5 Software/DAW/Plugin section
6 Find a collaborator

Along with number 1, that would be a good start.

renips

Reaction score
We don't need subsections. Just ope a section called recording. Same way there is
Marshall amps
Cabinets and speakers
Lets talk vintage
Tone zone
Recording- this would be it

Then members post threads like

How to reduce latency?
Daw suggestions
How to reduce trequency masking?
Which mic for guitar cab recording?
Record with effects?
Any Pro Tool users?
Mastering software?
Which drum plug ins?
Double tracking?
How to bounce a track?
Who uses Logic?
Have eq issues- need help
Which vocal mic?

Hopefuly we can avoid the Can I sing
Threads lol

Ghostman

Reaction score
I say no.

The "Recording Thread" sticky is generally a ghost town, with the exception of three people who post in it. So why make a section for three people to post in?

Moving on.

ColorfulMusic

Reaction score
I agree, I think a Recording Section is good idea. Put it right below or above Cellar

ColorfulMusic

Reaction score
Ever since I went to G4 camp back in Aug, I have become FB friends with few of pro's I met there. One of whom is a recording eng/producer who I am able to text for advice. He responds quickly with answers and suggestions which I would be willing to share

Gianni

Reaction score
Do you remember how the original post in the Recording Thread starts: ;)
since we don't have a sub forum for it.
questions,answers,tips,tricks,techniques,gear?
post 'em up.

So, I say, let’s have one, with the Recording Thread still being a sticky there too! :yesway:

Frodebro

Reaction score
We could also combine recording and live sound into one sub forum, that's how a few forums I frequent handle it and it seems to get a decent traffic flow.

4Horseman

Reaction score
I agree, more structure would be nice. I find myself using other forums for recording info. The current thread was a good idea, but it turned into a free for all where questions get lost. Sure you can use the search function but that doesn't help if it takes you to page 4 and the person discussing it hasn't posted in 7 months.