Poor Tommy- Bassist Abuse

• Thread starter Tim Fezziwig
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
Been REAL busy. Recording best album since In Utero-DEVIL DRINKS MINT TEA. I was done with R+R,very content to write POETRY and sit near the fire with my wife and cat.........

RRRRRRrrRRrrRRrrRRrRrrRrrrrrrrriiiiiiiinnnggggg

"Yes?"
"Fezz?"
"Tommy."
"You live?"

Last time I saw Tommy was 2008. My drummer was Od'ed on his basement floor. Tommy was green-he is not healthy-he should have died by 2000.

"Tim, we must quit."
"Why?"
"Look around."

I had a death-white drummer snoring in his vomit and blue-gilled bassist.

"Tommy, I love you, we tried."

Tommy called me in 2007 after FEZZ band was retired for 14 years. "Let's FEZZ!"

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

2017-Tommy is now the Musical Director of OLD FEZZIWIG. He calls EVERY shot-set lists, practice times, when +where to gig......WHAT GUITAR I SHOULD PLAY! He always picks 2004 AM DX Strat. I "force" Tommy to get BLIND drunk before our gigs. We must be AWFUL/GREAT. R+R should dance on the precipice. We played a Pub this Saturday. It was next to a gunshop. The clientele were 94% Ritz- the other 6% were falling off the wagon. We beamed that place. No flow. Clunking+Satanic R+R. Tons of bad jokes+bum notes+sliding drums.......................

Tommy weaved through the bar after the show-he spent $200 on drinks! He bought us GOODWILL!

"Those Fezzers aren't bad. Let's invite them back."

Tommy was attempting to kiss mutant women-------I had to pull him back. We listened to Yes on the ride home. I drove. I'm DRUG+DRINK free. I dropped him off-he swayed............

"Tommy, we will never stop. FEZZbelt must be defended......."
"Ugghhhh BBbbbBBbbUuuuUUUurrrpp GGgggGAAAAssssssppp....OK FEZZ see you soon. I need to RRRRRRRRRrrRrrRrRrRrRAAAAaaAaaAaALLLLLPppppppphhh...

Poor Tommy called on me- he unleashed the rotten crabs-be careful what you wish for-Pray for Poor Tommy Flop!

17457980_10155576529038465_1362223003117637296_n.jpg

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
Strat, been Rocking hard. I spread myself thin on guitar+Poetry+Pro 'Rassling forums+loving Mrs. FEZZ+cat, working 65 hours weekly -Social work------------Devil gets NO rest.

StratoMarshall

Reaction score
Strat, been Rocking hard. I spread myself thin on guitar+Poetry+Pro 'Rassling forums+loving Mrs. FEZZ+cat, working 65 hours weekly -Social work------------Devil gets NO rest.
Yep..I know what you mean. Work has me running more than full time (that's good though) and I take my axe on the road with me to keep the ideas flowin'. Lately I get to jam maybe about once a month. But what fun it is!

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
Fezz you are a true punk rocker!

Momma was a trapezoid!!!
Lp, soon I'll send you a cd. Mama turned out GREAT, I put an open G intro on it with a Leslie organ drone burbling underneath, very Keith, since the words are "Mama was a trapezoid, Daddy was a paranoid, sister was a little priss----Brother loved the Rolling SSSSSSSSSTTTTTOOOOONNNNNNEEEESSSSS

I had that song title since 10th grade. It was inspired by Surrender by Cheap Trick....Mommy's alright,Daddy's alright...........I just needed to learn how to play guitar

Last edited:

tubes

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lp, soon I'll send you a cd. Mama turned out GREAT, I put an open G intro on it with a Leslie organ drone burbling underneath, very Keith, since the words are "Mama was a trapezoid, Daddy was a paranoid, sister was a little priss----Brother loved the Rolling SSSSSSSSSTTTTTOOOOONNNNNNEEEESSSSS

I had that song title since 10th grade. It was inspired by Surrender by Cheap Trick....Mommy's alright,Daddy's alright...........I just needed to learn how to play guitar

Fezz, Let us all know when you have a CD or album or mp3 or whatever Tommy says you should organise for recording.
I would pay a few dollars for that.

'Mama Was A Trapezoid' sounds horrible. (I'm talking about the recording in your vid.) But on that occasion some other instruments were absent.
Can Tommy get you a full squad of instruments?
If so, as I said above, I would pay a few dollars for a recording of that.

I think you have mixed feelings about Tommy.
On one had you say he arranges everything but on the other hand you say he drinks - and you suggest that he puts the band on stage with insufficient rehearsal.
And then you say he makes friends with the venue for you.
And then you suggest he is a drunk that you need to drive home.

Yes, I would pay a few dollars for a recording of that.

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
Tubes, I'll send you a free cd soon-it is being mastered. It is BEYOND good+evil. Really captures the essence of the band. Most are first takes. I play 4 different guitars=Strat, Yammy SSC500, Sg, and a Tele<studio's -owned by engineer's friend, who died-a deadman's Tele>. 2 amps -Fender Pro'Reverb +Sears 1481. Three pedals- Roger Mayer Purple Moongoose FUZZ, Nick Greer Angry Mark-EH Cathedral Reverb. Sounds like a "lost" Stooges album.

Tommy is perfect. I'm the problem, I have a BAD attitude. I once cared,that ship has sailed. Tommy keeps me focused-he is the ONLY reason I still play R+R. I like his "act." He is a sympathetic character, I'm not. Mixed emotions are my life. Ambiguity creates tension. I thrive on tension.

tubes

Reaction score
Cheers Fezz.

To me you are a sympathetic character.

You are an anchor to me with respect one important matter: peformers need to put on a show!

I wanted to say more but it's late and I'm tired.

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
Cheers Fezz.

To me you are a sympathetic character.

You are an anchor to me with respect one important matter: peformers need to put on a show!

I wanted to say more but it's late and I'm tired.
T, you understand-I must have a veneer of ULTRA-confidence-or? The live show must be potent. I could care less about sloppy playing- I want POWER- Big+Dumb Rock.

tubes

Reaction score
Here is full band.

Cheers Fezz.

That drummer is going beyond the call of duty to hold things together. Bass player too. They are making a connection together in the face of adverse circumstances. They are looking for the groove.

In this way of thinking YOU are the 'adverse circumstances'.
YOU are the problem they are aiming to solve.

To them it seems that they could groove much better if only you would get into bed with them.

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
Cheers Fezz.

That drummer is going beyond the call of duty to hold things together. Bass player too. They are making a connection together in the face of adverse circumstances. They are looking for the groove.

In this way of thinking YOU are the 'adverse circumstances'.
YOU are the problem they are aiming to solve.

To them it seems that they could groove much better if only you would get into bed with them.

Tubes, I like that. Every person I know has that problem=why Tim why? It is the ole angel+devil on the shoulder syndrome. I REALLY care-I care less. This happens all day long, I get high off the push/pull. On the album we clicked. The R section was sober- I was a machine-tight , but loose.

We are all very frustrated in this realm-we get together and blow off steam. Find the beat-find the HYLIOPOPOPOP------one and a two and .......a CCCccCCcCccCccClllLllLlLLlluuuuuuuuunnnkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Here we get it SO right.

tubes

Reaction score
Tubes, I like that. Every person I know has that problem=why Tim why? It is the ole angel+devil on the shoulder syndrome. I REALLY care-I care less. This happens all day long, I get high off the push/pull. On the album we clicked. The R section was sober- I was a machine-tight , but loose.

We are all very frustrated in this realm-we get together and blow off steam. Find the beat-find the HYLIOPOPOPOP------one and a two and .......a CCCccCCcCccCccClllLllLlLLlluuuuuuuuunnnkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Here we get it SO right.

Sounds good. Actually, sounds like the 80s. Bass player has tones like a 1980s UK punk group. Your guitar fits right in with that.

Your singing has a 'declaiming' style. This is suitable for poetry but you won't win American Idol with that attitude. To win American Idol you have to submit yourself to be a singing stylist modelled after the manner of more famous singing stylists that have previously existed....

Talking about the 1980s....

Now THAT was a time when a rock gig had poetry. At least in the UK. Or, what am I trying to say..? :

My impression is that there was a time in the 80s, mainly in the UK, when a rock gig might very well have a poet on stage. That would be very normal.

E.g.: