Poor Tommy- Bassist Abuse

• Thread starter Tim Fezziwig
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

tubes

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am distancing myself a bit from this because I myself did not live in the UK in the 80s.

But still, where I live is a branch of the British empire and we always had influences from there.
Some of my first performances were with people who had their minds more set on poetry and politics than on the usual sensibilities of a rock band.

tubes

Reaction score
I always thought of these people as being mainly motivated by political rather than musical values.

But they put together a cool band.

I know we should not talk about politics here but I'm only talking about UK politics from decades ago so I imagine that this is fairly bland and will not create any difficulties for the mods.

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
tubes, you nailed it. I'm part of the 80's Poetry +Punk scene. I started out do Poetry readings around 1987. I did well, then they wanted their rings+asses kissed. I switched to music by 1991. I wanted a singer-none understood. Now =2017 I'm into THE ARTS onstage;some comedy, BEAT poetry, and YELLING. Tom Robinson is great. I saw alot of ANGRY Punk bands from 1983-1987. I loved their POWER, their "politics"=yawn.

"As an artist I'm against EVERY state." JamesJoyce.

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
Daaayyyuuummmm... that shit was evil Fezz! :headbanger:
Thanks O, this riff has been around since 1994. It had no name. One day my friend heard it and called it Dobson-after a Dobsonfly. I have since written a concept album around Dobson. Dobson eventually will destroy Mankind. I have endless Dobsons=Dobson Discovers Coffee, Dobson learns to Drive, 7 Against Dobson. Here is a two guitar version.

ALnpg9C.jpg

tubes

Reaction score
Thanks O, this riff has been around since 1994. It had no name. One day my friend heard it and called it Dobson-after a Dobsonfly. I have since written a concept album around Dobson. Dobson eventually will destroy Mankind. I have endless Dobsons=Dobson Discovers Coffee, Dobson learns to Drive, 7 Against Dobson. Here is a two guitar version.

ALnpg9C.jpg

Darn it Fezz! There you go again without a full squad!
Just saying you always make me want to hear a more full version...

Not that I'm in a position to complain: most of us here love horns but it's not easy to get some in the right place at the right time.
At present I'm wondering about asking around at the local state schools: I hear rumours that there are 17 year old players who are keen to jam.

But both me and and our bass player are fathers who have been home-schoolers from way back - so we don't have many contacts in the state school system.

I wonder what would happen if I walked into local schools saying "where is the music department?... I need to talk to the children....".

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
Darn it Fezz! There you go again without a full squad!
Just saying you always make me want to hear a more full version...

Not that I'm in a position to complain: most of us here love horns but it's not easy to get some in the right place at the right time.
At present I'm wondering about asking around at the local state schools: I hear rumours that there are 17 year old players who are keen to jam.

But both me and and our bass player are fathers who have been home-schoolers from way back - so we don't have many contacts in the state school system.

I wonder what would happen if I walked into local schools saying "where is the music department?... I need to talk to the children....".
t, that is my gimmick- FEZZ could be so good------if......Horns are GOD, my dream FEZZ unit would have three big gals singing back-up and afull horn section.

"I need to talk to children........"

Good luck with that. Here are some more pictures from our last gig.
17522987_10207764419301650_5521550686527194254_n.jpg
17523498_10207764422221723_423350644538836581_n.jpg

tubes

Reaction score
t, that is my gimmick- FEZZ could be so good------if......Horns are GOD, my dream FEZZ unit would have three big gals singing back-up and afull horn section.

Cheers F.
Around here we have the gals aplenty but not the horns.

Also, I am aware that people moan that 'the young people today'... [love the latest pop stars... or something like that...]
I can't even complete the sentence!

As far as music is concerned my own daughters propel me to listen to things that are much older than what I normally listen to: for e.g. they love Koko Taylor and Nina Simone.

Actually, it defeats me to account for why young girls would rather hear Madonna or Lady Gaga when they could very easily hear women such as Nina Simone, Koko Taylor, Etta James who stand out as GIGANTIC SPIRITUAL FORMS.

Last edited:

tubes

Reaction score
Cool Fezz, noted.

I'm not going to listen to the entire 40 mins right now.
Maybe tomorrow.

tubes

Reaction score
Made me think I should support some things I said with....

(it's only three mins)

...KOKO TAYLOR: DON'T PUT YOUR HANDS ON ME

tubes

Reaction score
We play it often but I never achieve that cool, loose, Fendery tone.