• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

possible 1972 1935B cab - need your help to clarify

• Thread starter 0 2339
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

0 2339

Reaction score
hey all, i need your help - i'm looking at purchasing an early 70's 1935B cab. vendor claims it's coming with its original speakers - G12M 55HZ; T1511 stamp on frame, still waiting on confirmation if the stamps on the cones are the correct ones (should read 102 014 if i'm correct...). one pic of a speaker frame would identify it as a Feb. '72, but still waiting on the other ones.

thing that confuses me is that the labels read '75Hz' and since it's a 'Rola Celestion' label shouldn't it be correctly saying '55HZ'? i have stumbled across numerous threads on wrong labelling, wrong stamps etc with celestions so it might just be another...

thanks for your help :)

BygoneTones

Reaction score
I think by Feb 72 they should have 55Hz on the labels. I have seen them with the wrong labels on though. I wouldn't worry about the labels, so long as the cone stamps are right.

0 2339

Reaction score
thanks for your reply mate! yeah, i was already on your page to date the speakers. i was just a bit unsure because it's stated that the stickers should be correct for the 'Rola Celestions'... but good to hear a trusty source who has experienced 'wrong stickering' with these too :)