Post Your 2555x Settings Please.

• Thread starter 67mike
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

67mike

Reaction score
Just getting into this amp...so far I like the 50 watt mode better, and not a fan of rythum clip.

I biased this bitch to 75 mV....is this ideal??????

Jethro Rocker

Reaction score
Just getting into this amp...so far I like the 50 watt mode better, and not a fan of rythum clip.

I biased this bitch to 75 mV....is this ideal??????
I might as well have written this! 50 watt mode has more punch and the clip mode just isn't meaty enough for me. It's OK with an OD, I honestly haven't played much with and OD with mine as I really use it mainly on Channel 2 and Channel 1 stays sorta cleanish as an afterthought.

erer

Reaction score
Live:
P: 5
B: 9
M: 4.5
T: 4.5
OM: 9
LM: 6.5
IG: 7

Home:
P: 6
B: 10
M: 6
T: 6.5
OM: 6.5
LM: 0.5
IG: 7

Bias: 76mv.

Effectrode PC-2A in the front, Spaceman Orion in the loop.

Last edited:

JCarno

Reaction score
Sorry, can't help because my settings change with each cab and guitar.
I'm playing it safe on the bias for now and went with the suggested 70 per side. Want the amp to break in a little before I go experimenting.
Soon I'm going to start on my preamp tube swapping adventure. I have some old GE and RCA 12ax7s I want to try out in various positions. The stock preamp tubes have 2/09 on them. Is that the date of manufacture or some other code? They look just like a Ruby HG labeled tube I have.
I tried the 50 watt mode but I had to re-eq the amp because it suddenly sounded like someone threw a blanket over it.
I'm fortunate enough that I can use the 100 watt mode as loud as I want and not bother anyone(at least during the day) so I keep it there.
I like the crunch knob when playing in clean mode but always have it pushed in when in lead mode.

Adrian R

Reaction score
For me the 50w mode sounds like the 100w mode but with less everything. You have change the EQ to get it sounding good. I like the 100w mode way better...more dynamic and of course, louder..lol... Rythm clip mode is fine, but with a good OD pedal, HOLY CRAP...insane..early Metallica all the way... then of course you have to find a good compromise switching to the lead channel...which just gets super fat... Try cranking the presence...or turn it back slightly...adjust the treble control accordingly... You will also notice that the amp starts to really sound good with the volume at 7, and then small increments from there to find the best volume for the venue......which is typical 800...needs volume to sound it's best.

JCarno

Reaction score
Yeah, gotta have the Volume to at least 7 for it to come alive. Beautiful!!

Jethro Rocker

Reaction score
... You will also notice that the amp starts to really sound good with the volume at 7, and then small increments from there to find the best volume for the venue......which is typical 800...needs volume to sound it's best.
My 2558 50 watt combo starts to sing around 5, it would be far too loud for ANY venue I play in on 7...
Yeah, gotta have the Volume to at least 7 for it to come alive. Beautiful!!

Jeebus my 2204 on 7 would be earbleeding loud!
Glorious..but loud!

I would have to think a SJ 100watt would be similar based on my 2558. Can't imagine getting it to 7 then upping it!! I had it on about or close to 6 a couple years ago at an outdoor show and the monitor guy grumbled and groaned. It was damn loud!
But they do need to be up at 5 or more before they start singing....

Adrian R

Reaction score
Jeebus my 2204 on 7 would be earbleeding loud! Glorious..but loud!
No it wouldn't...a 2204 would be wide open at 3...a 2203 maybe 4....me thinks you've not experimented enough with traditional single channel Marshall amps. The numbers on the dial are completely arbitrary....

Gunner64

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ahh..yes..ive had this 800 since 1983..have experimented plenty. I said nothing about how fast my 2204 gets that loud...on 7 it is earbleeding loud, regardless of how quick it gets there. Thats what I said. No need to be insulting...dude. single channel Marshalls are pretty much my amp of choice,and have been for 30 yrs.

Last edited:

Adrian R

Reaction score
Check it out...just made a really short video of my Jube in the Rhythm clip mode. I am using an OD pedal as a boost. It's my old lady's Iphone so audio quality, while nothing like standing next to the amp, gives you an idea of the amp's brutal cutting nature. It is MUCH, much warmer in person.

Adrian R

Reaction score
Ahh..yes..ive had this 800 since 1983..have experimented plenty. I said nothing about how fast my 2204 gets that loud...on 7 it is earbleeding loud, regardless of how quick it gets there. Thats what I said. No need to be insulting...dude. single channel Marshalls are pretty much my amp of choice,and have been for 30 yrs.

Not trying to insult, sorry if it came off that way... I too have had single channel Marshalls since around 83' with a 2204 being my first amp. My point is that the amp doesn't really get much louder...and imo, just runs out of headroom and sounds like crap...most tube amps are like this. Again, the numbers on the dial are arbitrary...it's like saying my Marshall is louder cause it goes to 11!

JacksonCharvelAddict

Reaction score
The first thing that caught me off guard about the Jubilee reissue was the taper of the master volume. I plugged it in and put the master at 5 and expected to get blown out the window but it wasn't that loud at all. I tried 6 and it didn't seem any louder. Then I turned it up to 7 and about blew my head off.

HotRats73

Reaction score
settings?
oh well...
live: P 4-6, B >7, M 6-7, H, 4.5-5.5, MV 7, LV 5-7, G 4-5.
home (with attenuator) P 7, B10, M 7, H 7, MV7, LV <5, G 5

I play the head with one ore boost in front when needed.
I've recently bought an attenuator that I've planned to use live to help me keep the amp in the sweet spot.

for those who are interested Bonamassa posted his settings on his site

P 5, B 10, M 7.5, H 4.5, MV 10, LV5, G 5

Gunner64

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not trying to insult, sorry if it came off that way... I too have had single channel Marshalls since around 83' with a 2204 being my first amp. My point is that the amp doesn't really get much louder...and imo, just runs out of headroom and sounds like crap...most tube amps are like this. Again, the numbers on the dial are arbitrary...it's like saying my Marshall is louder cause it goes to 11!
Its all good Adrian. My 2204 maxxes out at about 5 or six with my pre at about 2oclock, which is where I tend to keep it. Maybe slightly higher..the higher the volume the lower I like to keep the preamp. Mine has 6550s in it also. Your statement maybe true with the pre maxxed. Overall volume is dependant on the pre volume as well. Rock on..the jube sounds pretty good.

Adrian R

Reaction score
Its all good Adrian. My 2204 maxxes out at about 5 or six with my pre at about 2oclock, which is where I tend to keep it. Maybe slightly higher..the higher the volume the lower I like to keep the preamp. Mine has 6550s in it also. Your statement maybe true with the pre maxxed. Overall volume is dependant on the pre volume as well. Rock on..the jube sounds pretty good.

Cool..your an old phucker like me, and THANK GOD you have some skin! LOL...Many people are so thin skinned. I love the Jube...that clip doesn't really do it much justice... I had several 2204s a 2203, and a 2205..I like the Jube more then all of them... really punchy and dynamic...

Jethro Rocker

Reaction score
Check it out...just made a really short video of my Jube in the Rhythm clip mode. I am using an OD pedal as a boost. It's my old lady's Iphone so audio quality, while nothing like standing next to the amp, gives you an idea of the amp's brutal cutting nature. It is MUCH, much warmer in person.

i'll hafta try mine with an OD. Never really like R Clip mode by itself.

Latest posts