Preamp Tubes? - Who, What, When, Where, Why, and How?

• Thread starter joshuaaewallen
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

RiverRatt

VIP Member
Reaction score
You and me both. It will be twice that of the Ceriatone. For me though I'm just going to enjoy my DSL. Have you seen the new Jet City amps done by Mike Soldano? They are designed here where I'm at hehe. They've got a 20 watter for $300 and a 50 watter coming for I believe $599.

I've wanted an 18-watt for a few years now. I'd always thought I would build one, but every time I think about spending that much cash on something I may fock up royally, I just can't do it. When I was a kid, I didn't have the patience to wait for the glue to dry on model airplanes, so maybe amp building isn't for me. The Ceriatone is as cheap as the kits.

Procter2812

Reaction score
600th POST!! :fingersx:

Im getting some Tung-sol ecc83's soon.

Cant seem to get ahold of the New Mullard over here in UK??

My NOS are starting to run low... costing me much!! so im just gonna stick em in V1 and the rest CP... moneys low :confused:

MartyStrat54

Reaction score
Well I have always advised that you just run your best tubes in V1 and V2 and keep the rest for spares. You can run a couple of the Tung-Sol's in V3 and V4. You can also try out a Tung-Sol in V2.

ken361

Reaction score
Well I have always advised that you just run your best tubes in V1 and V2 and keep the rest for spares. You can run a couple of the Tung-Sol's in V3 and V4. You can also try out a Tung-Sol in V2.

There's a Hammond organ on craigs for 150! its like dam probably loaded with Mullards@! wish they werent so big me and my girl would hall that bitch out of there!:hmm:

MartyStrat54

Reaction score
There's a Hammond organ on craigs for 150! its like dam probably loaded with Mullards@! wish they werent so big me and my girl would hall that bitch out of there!:hmm:

Where is it? Alan and I will drive out to get it. Did you hear that Alan? Bring $75 with you and some gas money. We'll pick up the bitch.

RiverRatt

VIP Member
Reaction score
I think I'll let that one pass. That guy in Memphis who put the 6SN7-loaded Baldwin on CL had something like 200 calls in the first 3 hours it was listed. I think that's right.

I'm exhausted. I've spent the entire day at home from work in bed with my wife.

We both caught some nasty little virus from the kids. :(

SpiritOfTheAge

Reaction score
Woohoo! finally got me a pair of Telefunkens (dynaco ones) tested good as new, and for £37 for the pair, which is a bloody bargain compared to the ones ive been following recently, damn teles are going for a lot of cash! Ive been stalking for a pair on ebay for a couple of weeks and finally found these 2, can't wait to try them with the raytheon baldwin blackplates i have coming. :fingersx:
Pics when they arrive!

MartyStrat54

Reaction score
I see you went with the "Buy It Now." If I remember right those were the Dynaco's. Did the other Telefunkens get out of reach? They still look like nice ones.

MartyStrat54

Reaction score
I thought that this would be the best place to put my

4,000 POST!

Nothing fancy...no big parade or anything. I really appreciate all the people that I have met and my very good cyber friends on this thread. Looking forward to banging out 5,000. Then I will expect something from you, like a parade.

:dude::dude::rock::dude::dude:

SpiritOfTheAge

Reaction score
:headbanger::dude: for Marty!!!!!!

Spirit....how you likin those Teles? Now you got the FUNK!!!!!!

I only bought them yesterday, and the seller is in Peru, so id imagine a couple of weeks untill i can try them in my amp, good things come to those who wait. :) I also just bought a pair of the yugoslavian EI smoothplates, made on the old telefunken equipment, but again ive got a few weeks to wait as that auction was in Canada.
So ive got a pretty good cross section of valves now, maybe try for some RCAs next :hmm:

Latest posts