Preparing for Hurricane Laura

• Thread starter Rotorcraft230
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Midnight Blues

Reaction score
Be safe and that extends to all my brothers and sisters who may be in harm's way.

cafb6105dc46e52c3661051c24132a27.jpg

Last edited:

Iron1

Reaction score
We’re down in Corpus and just had one a month ago, so I feel your pain (and moved here from Cypress a few months before Harvey tore through). Hopefully this one won’t do much more than the one we had last month. Either way, stay safe and unplug all your gear.

jchrisf

Reaction score
they're saying it's getting to be a Cat5...
Dang.. They were saying a 3 this morning. I think @Rotorcraft230 is at least going to be on the good side of it (hopefully). I've been through the eye of many a hurricane here in FL and the Bahamas since 1992 (Andrew was my first). I absolutely hate them and swear every time one comes our way that I am moving out west... At least my neighborhood now has underground electricity. I spent 19 days without electricity back in 2004.

jchrisf

Reaction score
They are now saying an un-survivable storm surge for those on the coast... and bad news for those in flood areas. They also said that a eyewall replacement could slow the speeds down considerably and thinking it could happen so let's hope.

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
if I were Rotor, I'd get out of dodge...

He's around 10 miles from shore & they are saying a possible 30+ mile surge...

ricksdisconnected

Reaction score
I went thru Andrew....What “Havoc”
Never again...I will leave and not go back....
1-3...Big Puffs...4&5 NO WAY.....
Stay safe to all those in the path....Our thoughts and prayers are with you all to be safe...

i remember Andrew well.

jchrisf

Reaction score
I was in Great Harbor Bahamas during Andrew and slept through it... woke up the next morning and windows were broken out of a couple of the windows in our little condo on stilts in the water. Boats were flipped over on their moorings outside. But we were ok. I was a diver working for Royal Caribbean and living on their private island Coco Cay at the time. We didn't find out it was coming until 24 hours before it arrived... after working a 10 hour day with passengers from a ship... then we had to work all night and morning to prep the island. Then we took our 20 ft Boston Whaler over to Great Harbor to catch a flight out but the storm was too close and our flight to the US had to turn around and go back without us. I went into Miami a week later and it was devastated. We were hit hard too but we didn't have a lot of stuff other than trees for it to knock down. It even destroyed picnic tables.

Trident

Reaction score
I was in Kendall Miami and had an aunt that lived in Cutler Ridge and Andrew took her house...Left just the foundation and some pipes....House was not found.....It seemed to have pounded the area for what seemed like 8 hours.....This “Hillbilly” will not play with those storms...Those who say, lets ride it out will get a surprise....My sister had a brand new truck that looked like it was sandblasted and she only had it 9 days...
Homestead was gone..