PRS + Marshall = perfection

• Thread starter jcm900rookie
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jcm900rookie

Reaction score
Although les pauls do sound great through marshalls, paul reeds sound equally as good if not better. I have a gibson les paul and a prs ce24 and i usually go for the paul reed. i would love to see more prs guitars on this site.

Big Foot

Reaction score
I have a PRS Swamp Ash Special and I'd have to say my Les Paul sounds better as does my Strat. However, I do love my SAS and I've worked very hard to get it close to the two classic tones. I play through a TSL60. It seems the PRS sounds better when played through my other tube amps. I'm not sure why but it was never an issue with my LP or Strat. Any advice would be appreciated

601 Blues

Reaction score
Advice on what?? I missed yer point! Ive found almost any guitar sounds good when da mojo is workin, when it ain't !!well you can't buy some mojo, but when it is look out!! But I think I know what cha talkin bout, my LPs will walk thru any mud hole but some geetars are limited to certin sounds,

Big Mike

Reaction score
Love my Paul Reed....

Purp-CU2.jpg

JonnyGator

Reaction score
Geez louise PRS makes some beautiful axes... Your's is truly fine looking...Love the color.... I'd heard that their sound 'has no personality', but then I played two gorgeous cherry flames at SamAsh's right off the rack, through a DSL50 and it was the sweetest thing imaginable....And yesterday played two McCartys with piezos, and now I'm hooked....Magnificent....

Reaction score
Hi, I played a PRS once and the shape of the neck didn't really fit the shape of my hand, so I'll stick with Les Pauls, a 335 and my US Strats. However the guitars on this thread do look nice. I found that PRS I played to be lacking in character too, but each to his (or her) own. Check out my gear past and present on my gallery. Also on myspace and youtube, cheers!

13yguitarman

Reaction score
Hey has anyone seen that commercial with carlos santanna and his prs. In my opinion there strats mixed with teles and pauls

Spirit Dave

Reaction score
I can't understand the fascination ... maybe because I haven't played one ... but they do just look like knock off Les Pauls :p With a ghey looking headstock ... and Nickleback's approval

:D LOL

Just kidding ... kinda :)

Not my thing, but good to see different guitars nevertheless! :)

thomaslattamiller

Reaction score
The quality of PRS guitars is without a doubt as good or better than fenders or gibsons, i miyself only own an SE PRS but even thats build quality and sound rivals most guitar ive played and ever prs ive ever played in shop i have found it hard to put down, FANTASTIC GUITARS

lp_junkie

Reaction score
So many bands use the PRS/Marshall combo that it has become a generic 90's sound. While I appreciate the lines and quality of the good PRS models, I like tradition. I have stuck with the Les Paul and Marshall combo for 32 years now, the generic sound of 60's,70's and 80's classic rock/metal. Everytime I try something else I end up back to the tried and true.

PRS makes some great guitars but not for me.

Reaction score
I allways was into Les Pauls, but it happend that my
PRS harmonises just perfekt with my favourite marshalls!

and no! I'm not into creed, nickleback or any other numetal
or 90's-poprock-band but I admire mark knopfler, eric clapton,
david gilmour, keith richards, angus young and so on.
and with the 5 pu-settings, the volume- and tonepot I get all
the sounds I need to play their greatest songs

not to forget it has the only vibrato i feel comfortable resting
my arm on while playing AND its never out of tune thanks to
the great lockingtuners

DaveAngel

Reaction score
My Custom 22 & TSL JCM 2000

guitar.jpg

I love PRS Guitars, but they are a jack of all trades guitar - cant quit get the Tele tone nor the Les Paul sound. TBH I think the TSL is the same, i can get alot of different tones that are close, but not perfection. I'm not nocking either of them though. PRS are the best built guitars i've ever handled.

They do have their own unique tone too, selector in the middle, high tone on crunch, the harmonics are amazing. When I was searching for my PRS (must of played about 30 accross the south of england), a mate of mine, a strat man was hooked and bought one before me?!! He has a JTM 45\orange\Mesa single rec, and the sound through the mesa is the best match for it IMHO.

lerxst88

Reaction score
I have a PRS Santana SE but for a korean made knock off it rocks! i played it vs my brothers les paul and while the LP could play a 70s rock sound perfectly, the PRS could do everything else 100x better! and it feels alot smoother and is ALOT lighter. in my opinion LPs are nice to look at a fun but a huge ripoff if youre looking to play something aside from Cream and Allman brothers stuff. actually id say its a huge ripoff anyway. hehe

DaveAngel

Reaction score
I dunno, you cant touch a LP for that deep rich rock sound. They are very good at that classic LP tone - after all they invented it.

In an ideal world you would have 7 or 8 guitars and amps to get all the tones you like. I think the PRS covers 70-80% of them well, but not the extreems at either end. And unfortunaly, like most my budget doesn't cover that much hardware.

They are however consistantly built better than anything else out there without paying 10x as much.

I love my PRS, but sometime i dream of a Les Paul Custom in tobacco burst. I have a Epi LP with seymours, but its not the real thing.

guitarweasel

Reaction score
I've had 3 PRSs and have always had a Love Hate relationship with them. I hate the pups, to me, they sound very thin. My latest Artist Series Custom 22 has a Gibby Iommi in the bridge and a 57 classic in the neck........sounds a bit better.

Marshall_and_PRS-2.jpg

Reaction score
I've had 3 PRSs and have always had a Love Hate relationship with them. I hate the pups, to me, they sound very thin. My latest Artist Series Custom 22 has a Gibby Iommi in the bridge and a 57 classic in the neck........sounds a bit better.

quite a lot of dough for a love-hate-relationship!!! :D