Quick clip of the 1977 Super Lead

• Thread starter guitarbilly74
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ufoscorpion

Reaction score
Thanks man. I threw a few seconds of lead licks in there just to demo the lead tone, but I agree, chords is how you really hear an amp, so I focused more on that.

The cab is a 2x12 with Vintage 30s made especially for Marshall in the 80s (labeled "Marshal Vintage") Tubes are Rubys across the board (pre and power). I was planning to do some tube rolling but honestly, these tubes sound good so I will just leave them there for now.
Sounds great , and I’ve got to say listening back to the clip you posted using your IR-D with sd-1 , sounds very similar ( over the phone anyway ) .

Up The Steen

Reaction score
Absolutely brilliant 👌
I had a few minutes alone here and decided to make a quick clip of the new (to me) 1976* Super Lead I bought yesterday.

Never mind the playing as I had just waken up and I was rushing to record this before the family gets back home lol didn't have time to warm up or anything.
But THE TONE
:love:

Started with the volume on 7, then boosted with the SD-1 then volume on 5

*Edit: I looked at the chassis sticker today (June 10) and it's dated 8-7-77 so it's a 1977 not 1976 like I originally thought. No big deal, still a great amp.

guitarbilly74

Reaction score
Sounds great , and I’ve got to say listening back to the clip you posted using your IR-D with sd-1 , sounds very similar ( over the phone anyway ) .
The IR-D does a great job capturing the Marshall tone and vibe in a DI pedal. It's not perfect but it's the best DI solution I've found so far.

Latest posts