• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Randal Lynchbox

• Thread starter bennieusmaximus
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bennieusmaximus

Reaction score
I recently traded some stuff for a randall Lynchbox.This is George Lynch's sig model green gator skin tolex.It's the one with removable modules.This one has the brama..Lynches plexi module...A pete turley moded sl+...and a bogner extasy module.The thing sounds pretty good.Suposably You can run different power tubes and they all have separate bias points in the rear of the chassis.Any one got one? I havent strayed from a Marshall in a long time,but this was a good deal and I was looking for a Higher gain head.Played It on a gig yesterday and loved the versitility....The tone wasn,t bad either.

Wycked Lester

Reaction score
I recently traded some stuff for a randall Lynchbox.This is George Lynch's sig model green gator skin tolex.It's the one with removable modules.This one has the brama..Lynches plexi module...A pete turley moded sl+...and a bogner extasy module.The thing sounds pretty good.Suposably You can run different power tubes and they all have separate bias points in the rear of the chassis.Any one got one? I havent strayed from a Marshall in a long time,but this was a good deal and I was looking for a Higher gain head.Played It on a gig yesterday and loved the versitility....The tone wasn,t bad either.

sorry to hear about your luck bro.

:lol:just kidding, rock that mf'r [you are on a marshall forum though]

CAPDUNN

Reaction score
Lynch does not use the Randall amps. He has them set up on stage but he plays though 2 Plexi's in concert.

bennieusmaximus

Reaction score
Lol....Yea I said it wasnt bad,But I sais it wasnt great either.The thing weighs as much as a compact car also.I thought I could use it on some of the more questionable gigs.My other amps are getting pretty old and id like to keep them in good condition.Mabey trade bait for some idiot on craigslist that cant get a good tone out of a JCM 800.The brama module"plexi"is the better sounding module of all of them.No Marshalls were hurt in this deal!

chuckmehh

Reaction score
I've used Randall RM100s twice in the past and loved them both times, but I play modern high gain stuff. I have tried almost every module, modded or unmodded, and I can say there is super high quality stuff and super shitty stuff. For the most part, I think they're solid amps and I like them a lot, but I found myself "tweaking" my sound constantly, trading modules, etc. and never settling on "the sound" in my head. I'm going to try a JCM900 SL-X now and see if that does it for me :)

Alabama Thunderpussy

Reaction score
sorry to hear about your luck bro.

:lol:just kidding, rock that mf'r [you are on a marshall forum though]

ohyoupj0.jpg

chuckmehh

Reaction score
arn't those Randall modules made by Egnater?

I don't think they're made by Egnater, but Egnater had the idea first. I could be wrong, though. You can use Egnater's modules in Randall's heads too, but some Egnater modules are two channels per module and Randall's heads only have the capability of running one of those two channels, so it's kind of pointless.

mike mike

Reaction score
Jeffe played a gig with lynch, he used his Marsha, a Herbert, and a couple other amps

CAPDUNN

Reaction score
And I have played with him two times in the past year. Once with Souls of We, Once with Lynch Mob and with Dokken the same night. All at 4th and B in San Diego. Here he used his 1968 Plexi SuperLead and a 1970 Plexi on his side of the stage. He had a Lynchbox full stack on the stage but they didn't even plug in the 2 cabinets to the head. I was there for show. He had his pedals on the floor and had a small rack backstage. I did not see an amp for his Washburn acoustic so I don't know if he ran directly to the board or what.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6TocjXg9as]YouTube - George Lynch Solo Sept. 5, 2009 4th & B San Diego[/ame]

ReiGnMaN

Reaction score
Lynch does not use the Randall amps. He has them set up on stage but he plays though 2 Plexi's in concert.
This.

LOL

nope, try again.

Sorry but you're wrong boss... I have seen him first hand with his Plexi's and made the comment about him trying to steal one of Warren's plexi's and he cracked up and pointed to his... He is/was using his plexi while pushing the Lynch Box.

As a matter of fact, when he was out here I caught a show and recorded some of it, probably have the plexi in the bg on the left side of the stage tucked away... he walked over to it several times mid show adjusting things.

CAPDUNN

Reaction score
He kept both Plexi's on the left tucked in the back with 2 1982 cabinets with the speakers aimed at the curtains on the back wall. I know he has Egnators, Diezels, Soldanos, etc but he played his Plexi and I was back by it for half the show on the first gig.

chuckmehh

Reaction score
He's a gear whore like the rest of us...He probably plays different stuff at different shows.

falcon71

Reaction score
i was at the dallas guitar show this past weekend he played a marshall half stack

John 14:6

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the latest version of the Lynchbox amp yet?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cm8xzpz4oN8]YouTube - ‪NAMM '11 - Randall Amps George Lynch Lynchbox LB103 & LB50 Demos‬‏[/ame]

Latest posts