• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Re old Superbass Transformer....60s?

• Thread starter surfguy13
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

surfguy13

Reaction score
Hi Guys

A friend of mine has just sent through these photos of an old transformer which he's had for ever. It's been in his shed and he has no idea how he came by it. However, it has a label on saying Superbass. A few not brilliant photos here wonder if anyone can shed any light?
Is it a PT or an OT?
The wiring looks ancient to me, maybe 60s I don't know. I have a '69 Superbass and the wiring on that is definitely more modern than this:

Sorry, no idea why I have just got thumbnails here.....if you click on the photo it will bring it up full size.

Cheers

Guy

Marshallhead

Reaction score
That's a Dagnall output transformer correct for any 100watt Tube Marshall from 1968-1970 or so. It'll do in any classic 100 watter, but that's the time window it was used.

surfguy13

Reaction score
That's a Dagnall output transformer correct for any 100watt Tube Marshall from 1968-1970 or so. It'll do in any classic 100 watter, but that's the time window it was used.

That's brilliant thank you.....I just hadn't a clue. Good to know it's a OT too. I'm guessing that it probably did come out of a Superbass if it's a 100 watt transformer.

NOGE

Reaction score
These were used in Superbasses (and Superleads). It's a Dagnall C1998 with the early cloth covered secondaries. Used between 1968 and 1971 I believe.