Recommendations wanted - Delay and Reverb pedals..

• Thread starter Woody81
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Woody81

Reaction score
Hey,

I have some credit at my local guitar store (took back a JTM1 and POD floorboard), and want to get my pedal board in order..

Im decided on a Wampler Euphoria pedal, but want your opinions on delay and reverb pedals..

I'm looking at the: Wampler Faux Analog Echo; Wampler Faux Analog Tape Echo; Strymon El Capistan; Strymon Brigadier;

And reverb: Wampler Spring Reverb; Strymon Blue Sky; or Strymon Flint (which also has tremolo)..

Thoughts.?

NewReligion

VIP Member
Reaction score
Forget the pedals take studio quality to your live rig. Use Rack mount gear. It is VERY affordable in todays market. That is my advice to you.

Respectfully, David :cheers:

diesect20022000

In Memorandum
VIP Member
Reaction score
nova repeater for tonal variance and dod 5680 for gilmore and beyong analog

zachman

Reaction score
Hey,

I have some credit at my local guitar store (took back a JTM1 and POD floorboard), and want to get my pedal board in order..

Im decided on a Wampler Euphoria pedal, but want your opinions on delay and reverb pedals..

I'm looking at the: Wampler Faux Analog Echo; Wampler Faux Analog Tape Echo; Strymon El Capistan; Strymon Brigadier;

And reverb: Wampler Spring Reverb; Strymon Blue Sky; or Strymon Flint (which also has tremolo)..

Thoughts.?

El Cap

Eventide Space

safc78

Reaction score
You must have quite a lot of credit after returning those items... You could get a midprice delay pedal and a decent amp for that price.

Scrap the pedal hunt... Get another amp.

V-man

Reaction score
Can't speak to reverb but for delay I'd recommend an MXR Carbon Copy.

Delay is one place where I have some of the least personal experience (only have owned 2 delay units so far). That said, my EHX DMM has given me an amazing tonal palette (delay plus chorus & tremolo FX in one, as well as Wet/Dry inputs for stereo. Just a significant, it seems to be constantly reported on the top five (or top 10 for the "always buying" delay junkies) list of ultimate delays.

I sent mine in to Analog Man for the gain/delay tweaks and went into withdrawal despite the fact I'm not a daily delayer. I put my MXR CC on the board and it's a very poor replacement IMO. It's very small and useful, but the repeats are "meh" to me. If I got a coupon for an "obtainable" Delay today, I'd be considering the DMM with Tap Tempo or maybe a Diamond.

LesPaulopolis

Reaction score
What do you want out of your delay? Galloping like Floyd or U2, or ambiance or arena solo?

Analog delay is good for ambiance and slapback ... digital delay is good for the gallop or arena solo. Digital is cleaner and easier to hear in the mix. Personally, I use both. One for ambiance and another for arena.

HOT TUBES 70

Reaction score
T.C. Electronics Nova Delay !

picture.php

trenchcoat

Reaction score
Delay is one place where I have some of the least personal experience (only have owned 2 delay units so far). That said, my EHX DMM has given me an amazing tonal palette (delay plus chorus & tremolo FX in one, as well as Wet/Dry inputs for stereo. Just a significant, it seems to be constantly reported on the top five (or top 10 for the "always buying" delay junkies) list of ultimate delays.

I sent mine in to Analog Man for the gain/delay tweaks and went into withdrawal despite the fact I'm not a daily delayer. I put my MXR CC on the board and it's a very poor replacement IMO. It's very small and useful, but the repeats are "meh" to me. If I got a coupon for an "obtainable" Delay today, I'd be considering the DMM with Tap Tempo or maybe a Diamond.

I bought a Memory Lane Jr today. I like simple and quality.

trenchcoat

Reaction score
For short money you can buy a used EH Memory Toy and couple it with a Boss or similar delay and get great sound if your going thru a loop. If you do something like this you may not need a reverb pedal. The EH Toy can give you a reverb effect with ease.
I'm not into the rack stuff. I dig simple and portable.

Odin69

Reaction score
Check out the Strymon video for the El Cap, It has reverb on it. I don't know how adjustable it is though? It kind of looks compicated to use too?

iron broadsword

Reaction score
You'll never believe it, but the Behringer VD400 (name fail) is really epic. Costs about $25 new, and uses bucket brigade BBD chips. I can't hardly believe my ears, and I mean I expect a lot out of pedals - I build and tweak them to sound better, but this thing is just wicked. Gonna order two, one for each board.

V-man

Reaction score
You'll never believe it, but the Behringer VD400 (name fail) is really epic. Costs about $25 new, and uses bucket brigade BBD chips. I can't hardly believe my ears, and I mean I expect a lot out of pedals - I build and tweak them to sound better, but this thing is just wicked. Gonna order two, one for each board.

Which chips? may be worth buying a few and smashing the chips out of the board.

spikei

Reaction score
Try a TC Flashback Delay, very good pedals. I use there polytune and flashback delay.

trenchcoat

Reaction score
Believe it or not.. the guyatone mini is very good. No longer in production.
You can find them used and in great condition on the bay for about $80.00

Great little delay.

Latest posts