Rescued Les Paul!

• Thread starter matt3310
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

matt3310

Reaction score
Can you believe this is the same guitar? Cool story here. I found a Gibson Les Paul at an estate sale that was in ROUGH shape! Someone had painted it a flag pattern on front and a Elvis theme on the back. It was unplayable. And UGLY! I don't think the guitar had ever been cleaned. I almost thought it wasn't worth anything but firewood. But... I stripped the hardware off and came up with a plan. I decided to send it to the incredible Pat Wilkins. He's done a few guitars for me and I cant recommend him enough! He is by far one of the most talented painters I've ever know, but also a super nice guy! He's painted guitars for some of the biggest names in the industry, and treats you just as important as the biggest stars. So I told Pat my idea of a color and theme. He killed it!! When I got it back I was blown away. I added all new Gold hardware. Dimarzio Fortitude bridge pickup and a Dimarzio Rainmaker neck pickup. Every single screw, trim, electronics is new!
Then I took it to Adam Luchessi to do a set up and fret job. As always he made this thing play like butter!! I couldn't be happier with how it came out!

Before

myqtsqe.jpg

XxSj1d8.jpg

DSUu21P.jpg

Now!!
ukYmTMj.jpg

2G5M5fh.jpg

L52EDuw.jpg

so0ndMA.jpg

r0nbic7.jpg

Matthews Guitars

Reaction score
I'll bet that's not a nitrocellulose lacquer finish. Going to guess polyurethane automotive finish.

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
Can you believe this is the same guitar? Cool story here. I found a Gibson Les Paul at an estate sale that was in ROUGH shape! Someone had painted it a flag pattern on front and a Elvis theme on the back. It was unplayable. And UGLY! I don't think the guitar had ever been cleaned. I almost thought it wasn't worth anything but firewood. But... I stripped the hardware off and came up with a plan. I decided to send it to the incredible Pat Wilkins. He's done a few guitars for me and I cant recommend him enough! He is by far one of the most talented painters I've ever know, but also a super nice guy! He's painted guitars for some of the biggest names in the industry, and treats you just as important as the biggest stars. So I told Pat my idea of a color and theme. He killed it!! When I got it back I was blown away. I added all new Gold hardware. Dimarzio Fortitude bridge pickup and a Dimarzio Rainmaker neck pickup. Every single screw, trim, electronics is new!
Then I took it to Adam Luchessi to do a set up and fret job. As always he made this thing play like butter!! I couldn't be happier with how it came out!

Before

myqtsqe.jpg

XxSj1d8.jpg

DSUu21P.jpg

Now!!
ukYmTMj.jpg

2G5M5fh.jpg

L52EDuw.jpg

so0ndMA.jpg

r0nbic7.jpg
Sparkle is cool!!! I remember the sparkle drumsets I had as a kid, first a red one then a blue one. I always thought it would be cool to have a blue sparkle Mosrite guitar or even one of those tucknroll amps! :yesway:

Latest posts