• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

RIP Jack Russell - Great White

• Thread starter Vinsanitizer
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dblgun

Reaction score
Very sad news. Saw Jack and the boys more times than I can count in their heyday. His passing, and many others lately, make me feel old. I'm grateful to still be topside!

crossroadsnyc

Senior Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
RIP and codolences to his family, friends and fans.
Damn, I forgot how bad that club fire was. That must have been absolutely horrific.

I was living in Boston working on a project at the time, and met a girl that I went to a couple of shows with (Scorpions & Guns n Roses) ... when it was announced that Great White was playing down in Rhode Island, we made plans to drive down there to watch the show, but she wound up having to bail on the day of the show, and we never made it down there. I remember waking up the next day to the news of what happened, and was in utter disbelief that I might not have woken up that day had we actually gone down there. I've watched that video so many times that I've lost count. Absolutely terrifying.

Edit: Sorry that the video is like half way through, but I guess I stopped at that point the last time I watched it. Not sure how to post it starting from the beginning, so you'll just have to start it from the beginning.

Last edited:

Lo-Tek

Reaction score
... His passing, and many others lately, make me feel old. I'm grateful to still be topside!
Sometimes I think I should just start burning through my savings now. 61 is young.
I was living in Boston working on a project at the time, and met a girl that I went to a couple of shows with (Scorpions & Guns n Roses) ... when it was announced that Great White was playing down in Rhode Island, we made plans to drive down there to watch the show, but she wound up having to bail on the day of the show, and we never made it down there. I remember waking up the next day to the news of what happened, and was in utter disbelief that I might not have woken up that day had we actually gone down there. I've watched that video so many times that I've lost count. Absolutely terrifying.

Edit: Sorry that the video is like half way through, but I guess I stopped at that point the last time I watched it. Not sure how to post it starting from the beginning, so you'll just have to start it from the beginning.

Wow, lucky you. You're like that guy who missed the plane the other day.

Hard pass on the video.

Latest posts