• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Show Me Your Covers

• Thread starter Calebz
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ramo

Reaction score
Ha, that was really funny! Also creds for your Gary Moore tone, that was sweet! :yesway:
Hahah yea, I was trying hard not to laugh lol

Thanks for your compliment about Mr Moors tone :)

PelliX

Reaction score
A new interpretation!
I was clickbaited by your title: I thought you were going to play some shimmering tremelo with your favorite old Fender rig.

Ha, yeah!

@Ramo You need to hook up with this guy:

I think your styles and visuals really match up!

PelliX

Reaction score
Very much work in progress, but the thread went all silent :)

You Can Leave Your Hat On

We've decided it has to be a little more guitar oriented than the original, and we're lacking the wind section pretty much. There's a couple of harmonicas doing their key riffs as well as me doubling them on guitar, and while I like the idea, it's not quite there yet. I'm fairly happy with the 'main' piano and overdubs and the drums are fine (IMHO). Another thing is the lack of contrast between the lead vocal and the backing - in the original they're obviously very different to each other. Neither the drummer or I are going to get up there, though :rofl:

I was even thinking of buying or borrowing a trumpet from somewhere as the digital patches I have suck donkey's balls and 'how hard can it be to play a few notes' (tm). We'll see.

Last edited:

PelliX

Reaction score
Well, here's another work in progress. The piano is a bit of guess work from what I'm hearing on the record, but I think they really kept it that simple. Hammer, hammer, hammer, etc. The whole song has a very simplistic feel to it but it swings. Really need the new 1176's to arrive for the drums on this one, but that'll be next week. The bass is a mix of a pair of mics and DI, whereas the guitars are just mic'ed. The brighter guitar that comes in towards the end was just an impromptu thing that seems to work - at least for now. Here's ELO's Don't Bring Me Down (in a whopping 192k because Sndup was being finicky).

PelliX

Reaction score
Well, last one for today. Here's a fun little number that's been covered a fair few times. Originally performed (and written?) by Gloria Jones in the mid sixties I'm guessing most know it from the Soft Cell cover a couple of decades later. It's a catchy song. So catchy that Marylin Manson decided to cover it sometime and its popularity was once again re-triggered. This version is not based directly on any existing version of the song but in hindsight borrows heavily from the Soft Cell take.

Tainted Love:

Latest posts