Sasquatch Encounters

• Thread starter thegaindeli
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Lo-Tek

Reaction score
Here in Michigan (and Wisconsin too) we have the Dogman- a seven foot tall dog faced creature that walks upright. The Indian tribes called it a shape shifter and back in the 1700s a French explorer recorded a sighting of a werewolf. There are new sightings from time to time. Photos, film etc...
I'm highly skeptical....

clutch71

Reaction score
I'm on the fence.

Pro- The pacific north west is so vast and has some of the darkest forrest i've ever encountered. So to me that area is plausible.

Con - I thought I heard that the breeding population to support the number of sightings would be well into the thosands which is more than some rare animals that are endangered and rarely seen.

A very good friend of mine and special forces guy swore he saw one near Logan, OH as a teenager.

thegaindeli

Reaction score
Next to an interview with my fiances' cousin (Brett), this is by far the best testimony I've ever heard. One detail that seems to be common among what I consider credible sightings, is the description of "back and forth" movement... What they actually mean is, side-to-side movement. Both this man, and Brett begin to break down emotionally as they reach key moments in their encounter.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2HXjhMusyM[/ame]

Frodebro

Reaction score
But I have a simple question for all of those (including me) who have spent alot of time outdoors in remote areas. Has anyone here ever once found a bear carcass in the woods? I have spent thousands of hours in bear country. I've seen tons of bears. Sometimes more close than I want. I have found hundreds of deer carcasses, but I have never once ever found a bear carcass. The odd piece of hair, poop, even bones and evidence of what they have eaten. But never a dead bear itself. Yet there are bears all over the place. Way too many now in fact.

My point being is that just because no one has a carcass of one, doesn't mean they don't exist.

Duh, this right here is indisputable proof that Sasquatches have a thing for bearskin rugs. Find the Sasquatches and you'll find piles of bear bones near their caves.

LedZeppelinFan

Reaction score
In the traditional sense I'd agree that's what reports present. But the OP story was not one of a shy creature by any means, and quite different from anything ever presented in traditional Sasquatch (Big Foot) folklore.

That's a story some drunken redneck posted on a gun forum. I own a gun,, but I don't belong to a gun forum. You'd have to be really intense for something like that.

I doubt that's true.

LedZeppelinFan

Reaction score
Like LZF said there have been hair and poop and other stuff found, dna tested, that does not come out as a know animal...such as a bear. So there have been new developments as technology advances. It's not an old thing. And they have been seen for thousands of years. I don't think the aboriginal people of North America had twitter to spread the rumor.

As for not finding one, or having some hunter shoot one...there are claims of people getting a shot at one. But I have a simple question for all of those (including me) who have spent alot of time outdoors in remote areas. Has anyone here ever once found a bear carcass in the woods? I have spent thousands of hours in bear country. I've seen tons of bears. Sometimes more close than I want. I have found hundreds of deer carcasses, but I have never once ever found a bear carcass. The odd piece of hair, poop, even bones and evidence of what they have eaten. But never a dead bear itself. Yet there are bears all over the place. Way too many now in fact.

My point being is that just because no one has a carcass of one, doesn't mean they don't exist.

Poe ****ing gets it. He's smarter than everyone else here, except for maybe Dogs, Alex, or Crossroads. That's why he's a moderator, and we're commoners.

Teryn

Reaction score
My dad used to tell us about a boyscouts camp when he was a young wart hog. He said that the beast smelled so nasty, it made one of his young wart hog friends throw up in their tent. They watched the big shadow go by, in front of the fire. The leader shushed the boys and they just lay there, thinking it was a bear coming for the food. But then the shadow stood upright. The next thing my dad knew, it was screaming and tearing up the camp. He said it sounded like a woman, shrieking, mixed some very low guttural screeching. They heard a loud crushing, metal grinding metal sound. Then another scream. Then a crash. It ran off into the woods and no one dares move or even speak until the sun came up. In the morning, when they all got up, they found the tail gate of their pickup up in a very tall pine tree. What ever it was had ripped it off the truck and tossed it up there like it was a piece of paper. They called the rangers and everything was recorded and track casts were made but nothing was conclusive.

Years later, when he and my mom were newly weds, my mom recalls him walking backwards into the house slowly, and shutting the door- bolting it, then picking up his rifle. She said she heard what sounded like a very angry woman's scream, off in the distance too. Now, my dad is one of those tough as nails, pissed at life kinda guys... and my mom swears on her life that he was so afraid, he shook from head to toe and was sweating bullets. She thought he may have even been crying... he told her that "it was back".

My dad is also a liar and a brutal drunk, so I don't have much faith in what he says. But if my mom swears on the Bible that its true, its d@mn true.

The latter story was on Lucas Creek, in Washington state, two years before I was born.

dreyn77

Reaction score
do we need to resurect Peter Cushing and Forrest Tucker to go find these guys?
They'll sort this out!

thegaindeli

Reaction score
I was talking with a guy in Gainsville, FL who was selling a LPC. He and his best friend were visiting Florida Caverns State Park, checking out the caves. They were walking a trail, and in front of them on the trail was what he described as an 8-9 foot tall man, and wider than any man they had ever seen. They ran to a floor entrance to one of the caves, and hid there. He said they could hear it walking around, making growling sounds... They stayed in the hole until the next morning, then went home. They told their friends what happened, but were of-course ridiculed for their story.

Last edited:

thegaindeli

Reaction score
Last edited:

Latest posts