Satriani Leaves Marshall-hjs ?

• Thread starter renips
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Bloodrock

Reaction score
Who cares? Old irrelevant artist. Marshall needs to be courting new up and coming rock bands. Keep Jim’s legacy alive damnit!!!

Reactions: LCW

MarshallDog

Reaction score
Satch seems more like a modern guy, so this makes sense.

I'm pretty sure Marshall is going to shake loose any of the artists it was working with before. Satch, Wylde, Yngwie, and Slash is next.

Oh no...not Slash what will we all do:slash:

Dmann

Reaction score
So is there a signature DSL or Origin announced yet????

Last edited:

G the wildman

Reaction score
I’m just thankful I was able to purchase my HJS last summer. It’s about as close as it gets for me to order a custom Marshall. If I could add one feature, it would selectable SS or tube rectifier. I don’t need to explain that to a bunch of Marshall guys.

I’m pretty sour on most of the big name, multi-millionaires. I don’t care what they do. They are usually given their equipment as advertising. Not always, but more often than not.

What is this. SS ??????? You will be buying a Blackstar next!

DannyB

Reaction score
What is this. SS ??????? You will be buying a Blackstar next!

Most Marshalls has SS rectifiers AFAIK.

Most Marshall’s have solid state rectifiers in the power supply. However, early Marshall’s like the Blues Breaker, JTM 45 and others have tube rectifiers. I’d like to have some of that in my HJS.

If I had a proper chassis punch, I’d add a switchable tube rectifier to my JCM 2000 TSL project .

Marcell

Reaction score
Funny how those things go.. he launched an hole series Vox pedals .. than funny things happen and you never heat from them again. Now that Marshall deal is off. Peavey made an amp with him.. didn't go well. It goes on and on and never stops. What happens next... well let me guess ... the same as before.

Deep Purple fan

Reaction score
Marshall discontinues amps at a drop of a hat. JVM410HJS has had a great run. A lot of you jump to conclusions without any basis of fact. Who knows why Satriani was dropped. Marshall has definitely moved away from trend setter and high end to low to mid priced imports. Any of the UK built amps could be discontinued. I don’t blame them for trying to survive and make money. Unfortunately, other amp builders have more energy and desire to innovate than Marshall.

I think they will sell a boat loads of Origins. Reinventing the past, how long can that last?

Shae201

Reaction score
Oh no, the Satch left Marshall!...wait a minute, he played through a Marshall? I roo have never like anything he endorses. Let him and all the others play through their little computers, while I will enjoy the nice warm glow of tubes behind my back.

:headbanger:

Kutt

Reaction score
Be on the lookout for the new PN-100JS all tube head this summer. A 100w signature Joe Satriani Pignose.

(not really)

Buzzard

Reaction score
If I HAD to guess ,even though one may think the logical step would be to go with friedman since they are basically a marshall,I would'nt be surprised if he ended up with fender.Just like van halen did.More way's to make money on endorsements and artist crap that I would'nt buy.Especially since fender is coming out with pedals.

SonVolt

VIP Member
Reaction score
Satriani ain't no EVH. I don't think he's got enough pull to swing a sig deal over at Fender.

PU239

Reaction score
Lot of misinformation here. Marshall does not sign traditional endorsement deals with artists, never has.

What they have done is approch artists for a signature amp build. The artist will sign off on the amp when they are happy with it then it goes into production.

Marshall board of directors moved away from doing anymore of these projects a few years ago. This is why we never seen the Satch combo released.

The JVM HJS was indeed discontinued, the JVM has not been. Satch is a Marshall player and I would expect to see him stay that way unless someone throws money at him.

Many believe Satch got his Marshalls for free, he didn’t. While the amps were discounted he did pay for them.