Satriani Marshall and backstabbery on Peavey

• Thread starter quiksilver98
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

quiksilver98

Reaction score
Soo it seems even Joe has decided to resort to the amazing tone of Marshall for there high gain vintage punch that the JSX didnt provide. I saw him on tour back January and he was rockin JVM210h's

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jq96vO8qJdQ]YouTube - Joe Satriani talks about his live rig[/ame]

this was a long time ago, he uses 210's now.....I think he is planning on getting a signature amp from Marshall.

Australian

Green Beret
VIP Member
Reaction score
Soo it seems even Joe has decided to resort to the amazing tone of Marshall for there high gain vintage punch that the JSX didnt provide. I saw him on tour back January and he was rockin JVM210h's

YouTube - Joe Satriani talks about his live rig

this was a long time ago, he uses 210's now.....I think he is planning on getting a signature amp from Marshall.

He uses 410's now quicksilver.

quiksilver98

Reaction score
Last January here in BC he had 210's....but yeah it sounded amazing. I wonder Peavey think about all this....

quiksilver98

Reaction score
yeah but those are minor mods.... installed noise gate and different parameters on the resonance control.

Purgasound

Rocker, Roller
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Of course I can't find the video now but I've seen a ton of Satriani performances where he had the three Peavey half stacks lined up but off to the side there was a Laney with all the logo's removed and that was the one he was really using. I've seen this a bunch. FWIW I think the JSX and XXX amp are probably among the worst amplifiers ever made. The tone is harsh and brittle and doesn't sound good for anything, so of course he's dying for a Marshall, or even another Laney.

quiksilver98

Reaction score
Laney are awesome!! he doesnt even use the OD channel on the JSX he used his satchurator....on the marshalls he actually uses the od channel

Purgasound

Rocker, Roller
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree, I owned a Laney GH100L for a while. Should have never sold it. I got rid of it so I could get my SL-X. The Laney sounds a bit better IMO.

AudioWonderland

Reaction score
Of course I can't find the video now but I've seen a ton of Satriani performances where he had the three Peavey half stacks lined up but off to the side there was a Laney with all the logo's removed and that was the one he was really using. I've seen this a bunch. FWIW I think the JSX and XXX amp are probably among the worst amplifiers ever made. The tone is harsh and brittle and doesn't sound good for anything, so of course he's dying for a Marshall, or even another Laney.

So he was using a Laney and then signed a deal with Marshall?

charveldan

Reaction score
Somewhere with a Friedman Marshall & Les Paul.
Welcome to a year ago, where you been?

PV's engineer James Brown left PV & went to Kustom amps.

Browns replacment was incompetent and wouldn't help Joe with any of his ideas for the JSX 50 watt.
When he started Chickfoot with Sammy they both went back to Marshall, nothing wrong with that.

quiksilver98

Reaction score
yeah and all of Joe's podcasts have been with JVM2.... i love the fact, it jsut give more reason to cherish my new JVM next week.

NewReligion

VIP Member
Reaction score

YouTube - Joe Satriani talks about his live rig

Sorry, I do not care for the DS-1 or the Saturator. Distortion pedals on the JVM, why? I thought it was designed to be a stand alone amp.

David :jam:

quiksilver98

Reaction score
Sorry, I do not care for the DS-1 or the Saturator. Distortion pedals on the JVM, why? I thought it was designed to be a stand alone amp.

David :jam:

he doesnt.....point is he used it when he was using the JSX but now he doesnt need that pedal because he is using the JVM