SC20H price drop!

• Thread starter magnetbox
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

magnetbox

Reaction score
Naturally about 10 days after I snagged an Origin 20H for $299-- to do the Headfirst mod on, and get 8000ish tones-- Guitar Center emailed to tell me that a brand new SC20H has been slashed $450 to $1299! Looks like Sweetwater and Alto Music are offering the same price, though GC is the only place with it in stock right now.

I had to pull the trigger, it's the practice amp I really wanted. Might return the Origin now since I really don't need two minis.

Last edited:

dtier

Reaction score
Naturally about 10 days after I snagged an Origin 20H for $299-- to do the Headfirst mod on, and get 8000ish tones-- Guitar Center emailed to tell me that a brand new SC20H has been slashed $450 to $1299! Looks like Sweetwater and Alto Music are offering the same price, though GC is the only place with it in stock right now.

I had to pull the trigger, it's the practice amp I really wanted. Might return the Origin now since I really don't need two minis.
I also recently bought an Origin 20H figuring I would mod it if I didn't like it as is. So far I like it just fine. It works great with OD pedals.

scozz

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s the price, ($1299), it was when they came out in January of 2019! The Sc20, Sv20, and mini Jub were all $1299 in 2019.

I’m waiting to see what this does to used prices, I would imagine a lot of owners in the market to sell are pissed off. I would be.

magnetbox

Reaction score
I also recently bought an Origin 20H figuring I would mod it if I didn't like it as is. So far I like it just fine. It works great with OD pedals.
Yeah it's not bad with an OD in front. Bought it as a sacrificial lamb to leave at the practice space.

I'd been on an incredibly stupid Toan Quest prior. Bought and sold a Quilter Superblock UK, Orange Pedal Baby, TC Electronic JIMS 800 and a few "Marshall in a box" dirt pedals. Back to toobz, where I started.

Why don't I leave my "big iron" at the practice space? Well, currently it's at a very sketchy property with negligent management. Just noticed the folks in the unit next door are moslty living / smoking stuff / crashing there, so that 's not encouraging. We're departing soon but the new spot is a basement with cats. But hey, it's free :)

RCM 800

Reaction score
Cool maybe the SV/SC will become obtainable on the used market for me. Marshalls former distributor was basically doing "F@#ck you" pricing. I can kinda see a jvm and hand wired amps being relatively expensive but the simple old circuit board amps should be priced accordingly IMO.

MaskingApathy

Reaction score
Yeah it's not bad with an OD in front. Bought it as a sacrificial lamb to leave at the practice space.

I'd been on an incredibly stupid Toan Quest prior. Bought and sold a Quilter Superblock UK, Orange Pedal Baby, TC Electronic JIMS 800 and a few "Marshall in a box" dirt pedals. Back to toobz, where I started.

Why don't I leave my "big iron" at the practice space? Well, currently it's at a very sketchy property with negligent management. Just noticed the folks in the unit next door are moslty living / smoking stuff / crashing there, so that 's not encouraging. We're departing soon but the new spot is a basement with cats. But hey, it's free :)
What did you think of the JIMS 800?

ByrdmanFL

Reaction score
Reckon I could get about $1k for my minty condition SC20 or SV20?
Which one do you like the best? Not asking for a friend:lol::lol::lol:

Maybe I should start a new thread, but now that the prices have come down, either one of these is on my shorter list and I keep going back and forth. I have been watching YT shootouts of these two for the past 2 days and if you could only have one, which would you have and why? In some of the videos, they can almost make them sound the same, with my ears giving the edge to the SV only due to a little more versatility, but I love the sound of the SC cranked.

Obviously either would be awesome, but I am now like what should I do:shrug:

little_grease

Reaction score
Which one do you like the best? Not asking for a friend:lol::lol::lol:

Maybe I should start a new thread, but now that the prices have come down, either one of these is on my shorter list and I keep going back and forth. I have been watching YT shootouts of these two for the past 2 days and if you could only have one, which would you have and why? In some of the videos, they can almost make them sound the same, with my ears giving the edge to the SV only due to a little more versatility, but I love the sound of the SC cranked.

Obviously either would be awesome, but I am now like what should I do:shrug:
They both sound great, just a different great from each other.

I like the 800 sound more, yes when cranked it just has this smoothness and compression yet still retaining that in your face crunch/bite. Put any OD in front and it's easily in metal territory...I don't think it's fair when people equate the 800's to 80's hair rock/metal when it's more capable than that. And just turn off the OD and roll the guitar volume back to get a a pretty good clean!

If I could only have one it's the 2203 lol...I want to get a 2203x someday to go with my original 2203 and I don't need a 2203, SC20H & 2203X. Although the SC20H is very handy if you move gear around, very light and compact. Can carry it around with one hand easily!

ByrdmanFL

Reaction score
They both sound great, just a different great from each other.

I like the 800 sound more, yes when cranked it just has this smoothness and compression yet still retaining that in your face crunch/bite. Put any OD in front and it's easily in metal territory...I don't think it's fair when people equate the 800's to 80's hair rock/metal when it's more capable than that. And just turn off the OD and roll the guitar volume back to get a a pretty good clean!

If I could only have one it's the 2203 lol...I want to get a 2203x someday to go with my original 2203 and I don't need a 2203, SC20H & 2203X. Although the SC20H is very handy if you move gear around, very light and compact. Can carry it around with one hand easily!
Thanks for the POV!