Seismic Cabinets

• Thread starter khan
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

khan

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with this builder? Prices are very reasonable for empty cabs. I've got two G12K 85's ready to load into something.
They describe them as being built with 1/2" birch but, no mention of how the cabinets are joined. That makes me a touch hesitant. Not that I'll be doing a lot of hauling/gigging with these...maybe once every few months. I'm the occasional gigger and studio groupie nerd these days.

Lyv2Ryd

Reaction score
Ordered 2 PA mains and 2 subs a few years back and they were complete garbage. They were all particle board, junk speakers and already coming apart so I shipped them all back for a full refund. Maybe they are better now but beware

khan

Reaction score
Thanks for that info. This one does specifically say it's made out of Birch...which is why it caught my eye.

Also, my apologies for double posting. Not sure what happened that I got that result.

chuckharmonjr

In Memorandum
Reaction score
About as far south in Alabama as you can go withou
Khan..I have their 2x12 guitar cab and have been regularly gigging with it for the past 3 years. For smaller venues, its perfect. Plus, it fits in my trunk easily. I have had zero issues with it and am very pleased with it. Like it sounds like you would do, I bought it unloaded and put my own speakers in it. Mine is birch ply and fairly well built.

Lyv2Ryd

Reaction score
I guess they've gotten better. Like I said, my experience was a few years back when they were relatively new on the scene. Good for them for improving builds and staying afloat.

sgstratdude

Reaction score
Ordered 2 PA mains and 2 subs a few years back and they were complete garbage. They were all particle board, junk speakers and already coming apart so I shipped them all back for a full refund. Maybe they are better now but beware

I remember those days clearly. They were selling fully loaded 212 cabs for something like 150 shipped on ebay. Think unloaded they ran around 90 bucks. So terrible people were recommending mdf MG/Peavey cabs over them. I'm glad they have got a lot better over the years but I still have those memories burned into my mind.

khan

Reaction score
Thanks, Chuck and the rest of the comments too. This all helps...at least to form questions to ask before buying sight unseen. I may give one a shot and see how it goes.
And the 2x12 is exactly what I'm looking at, Chuck.