• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Show Me Your Riffs

• Thread starter LRT#1
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score
@BatmansMarshall
Narrow it down some, take 10 of your favorites, get them tight to the recording, then move on to 10 more, and you said different style, that’s great, and a excellent way to grab the gust of each particular song, your original stuff will come from the variety of everything you learn.
You have a great ear for tone.
But you need to grasp the nuances of the players you cover, it does take some time.
I have only posted a couple of covers, because I am not playing with anyone, but my riff ideas are floating around in my head, and I record them as they come along.
Just structure your practice on these points and you will see, and hear a big difference.
Cheers
Mitch

BatmansMarshall

Reaction score
Some great tips.

@BatmansMarshall
But you need to grasp the nuances of the players you cover, it does take some time.
Cheers
Mitch

That's the part that really makes me faceplant. When I see cover bands, like actual tribute bands, they even play using the same color of pick, picking technique, strumming technique, and every up and down stroke. Well within reason, but I think you get the point. I watched a video with SRV showing him playing the same song mixing different artist styles like Clapton. So yeah if I am going to commit to a song, like that, I would probably be all in or not at all. Right now I am having fun because I am taking lessons and that's a good hour a day of no-fun playing. So this is my outlet.

BTW, I don't take my website or stuff too seriously. I have actually deleted it several times over the years and then had a run at recording the same stuff again. Does that make sense? When I look at the stats anyway it's really just a small pool of viewers looking at my stuff. Thanks for the feedback. I actually like feedback. I wouldn't be where I am today without it.

Ramo

Reaction score
This piece has a great dose of heavy.
Love the riff brother..
Cheers

I had different one in mind I recorded it yesterday and today I woke up and I start riffing that and I run with that. I'm glad you like it, I have a friend he gets itchy before the week comes so he can check out the riff lol. Me and him started same time playing guitar but he gave up, and now he is living in lala land dreaming about play. I keep telling him to pick it up but he always find excuse to not to.

@ibmorjamn Great playing man, you should post more. :eddie:

ibmorjamn

Reaction score
I had different one in mind I recorded it yesterday and today I woke up and I start riffing that and I run with that. I'm glad you like it, I have a friend he gets itchy before the week comes so he can check out the riff lol. Me and him started same time playing guitar but he gave up, and now he is living in lala land dreaming about play. I keep telling him to pick it up but he always find excuse to not to.

Thanks Ramo , I appreciate that. I hope to. I have had so much going on. Trying to finish painting the house . I just worked 7 days straight. Been working 6 days every other weak for a little over a month.
Kind of burned out , that and my room is a disaster. Just got the 2nd storage empty recently.

Ramo

Reaction score
Thanks Ramo , I appreciate that. I hope to. I have had so much going on. Trying to finish painting the house . I just worked 7 days straight. Been working 6 days every other weak for a little over a month.
Kind of burned out , that and my room is a disaster. Just got the 2nd storage empty recently.

I feel ya man, that's how I worked before they took me off the road. 6 days 10-11H shifts and on weekends 14H... I use to do 23,000 miles a year mostly all that in town( that lot of driving ) lol

I'm hoping I can go back on the road next few month, just waiting doctors go ahead.

What I have learnt is, chasing money never ends you should make your health and mental well being number one priority, everything else can be dealt, changed and adjusted.

Take it easy and you will get there just don't burn yourself out trying to finish quick.

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score

If you have ( your friend) listen to one of mine ,,
he might start playing again, because I am not so good.
He probably plays better than I do.
Cheers

Ramo

Reaction score
If you have listen to one of mine he
he might start playing again, because I am not so good.
He probably plays better than I do.
Cheers
He was ok player we used to jam when he lived near me, now he moved to Norfolk which is miles and miles away from me, about 5H drive?

I keep telling him to play but it falls on deaf ears, he looks at my playing and says what's the point... he wants to be like me but he wants no effort getting there. I keep telling him you might get even better than me but you dont try.... He has 15Y old strings on his guitar LMFAO I love the dude but he is F**** crazy :)

You are not bad player, just need to play with either drum loop or metronome to get timing spot on. You play for relaxation and you never push beyond your limits I think. :erk::iough::cheers::uk:

( my humble opinion)

Last edited:

Sapient

 
Reaction score
He was ok player we used to jam when he leaved near me, now he moved to Norfolk which is miles and miles away from me, about 5H drive?

I keep telling him to play but fall on deaf years, he looks at my playing and says what's the point... he wants to be like me but no effort getting there. I keep telling him you might get even better than me but you dont try.... He has 15Y old strings on his guitar LMFAO I love the dude but he is F**** crazy :)

You are not bad player, just need to play with either drum loop or metronome to get timing spot on. You play for relaxation and you never push beyond your limits I think. :erk::iough::cheers::uk:

( my humble opinion)

If your buddy wants to prep to play like you he should hand scramble eggs with his right hand for an over populated homeless shelter at breakfast time for at least 1 - 3 years first.

:hbang:

Ramo

Reaction score
If your buddy wants to prep to play like you he should hand scramble eggs with his right hand for an over populated homeless shelter at breakfast time for at least 1 - 3 years first.

:hbang:

LOL

He was on right track when we started but he gave up and now he has lots of catching up to do to me. I practice everyday till I sweat ( its hard for me to sweat) and till my right hand can do no more I call it a day :)

I should make my left hand bit faster too, now I'm working on that :)

Thanks for that laugh :)

Last edited:

Sapient

 
Reaction score
LOL

He was on right track when we started but he gave up and now he has lots of catching up to do to me. I practice everyday till I sweat ( its hard for me to sweat) and till my right hand can do no more I call it a day :)

I should make my left hand bit faster too, now I'm working on that :)

Thanks for that laugh :)

@Ramo @Mitchell Pearrow
Lol. Yea, I've gotta get something in here sometime - been slackin'. You guys sound good with your stuff and I have been lurking. I like when you threw your pick Ramo. Seems like something you could do every time a your "thing".

Rock on, fellas. :jam:

Ramo

Reaction score
@Ramo @Mitchell Pearrow
Lol. Yea, I've gotta get something in here sometime - been slackin'. You guys sound good with your stuff and I have been lurking. I like when you threw your pick Ramo. Seems like something you could do every time a your "thing".

Rock on, fellas. :jam:
Would be cool if start to posting as well, i want to get as many people as possible posting and jamming. I love music way too much :)

I will make my pick throw my thing from now on :)

Latest posts