Show Your 2017 Marshall Rig

• Thread starter charveldan
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

PelhamSG

Reaction score
A 1969 Marshall model 1930 combo, a 2016 Marshall 1962hw, and a 1973 Gibson SG Standard.

All new to me within November-December 2016.

20rmomb.jpg

Nice Bluesbreaker! Im listening to John Mayall and Eric Clapton as I write this :dude:

jleftyy

Reaction score
Is the white plastic stuff on the walls for soundproofing? I'm looking into soundproofing my room (its my bedroom and practice room lol)
That is insulation for the basement walls that our builder installed. it provides some deadening. I have not had to do any sound proofing because my wife lets me make lots of noise on the weekends. I've had everything up to 115DB without my wife or neighbors complaining.

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
I'm currently getting involved w/ a project. Had to strap back on my bass, so I rigged up a little practice/gig-rig:

Ampeg SVP Pro
BBE 482i Sonic Maximizer
Marshall EL34 50/50 Dual Monobloc Head
SWR Goliath II cab's

PAUL7598_1.jpg

It's Like an SVT w/ Marshall power... :)...

I have it in a rack & stacked up in a rehearsal studio.

PelhamSG

Reaction score
That is insulation for the basement walls that our builder installed. it provides some deadening. I have not had to do any sound proofing because my wife lets me make lots of noise on the weekends. I've had everything up to 115DB without my wife or neighbors complaining.

Ahhh gotcha. I live in an apartment and the walls are paper thin, so I'd like to do some soundproofing

jleftyy

Reaction score
Ahhh gotcha. I live in an apartment and the walls are paper thin, so I'd like to do some soundproofing
Lived in a condo for a few years , it was frustrating. Forced to play through a Line 6 combo. Didn't turn my 5150 head on for 3 years.
I have researched "soundproofing" (as I'm sure you have). the only way that really works is if the room is completely airtight. I priced out having a "floating" room built in my basement. It was just to expensive (even if I built it myself)for the amount of time I would actual spend down there "cranking" my heads.

Chamai

Reaction score
yea the rockcrusher is a pretty big piece of gear. i wish it was rack mountable.

jcm800gridlock

Reaction score
Recently aquired Marshall rig:

- 1976 Marshall JMP MKII model 2100 combo
- 2016 Marshall JTM 1962hw BLuesbreaker

- 1973 Gibson SG Standard
- 2014 Fender American Standard Stratocaster

Last edited:

JParry335

Reaction score
CCW here for years too. Never go without it, Shield or G19.
G19 for me as well. Long time.
I'm a former Highpower competitor and was president of what used to be a major electronic manufacturers shooting club back in the 90's and early 2000's.

Here's mine...

swCqWNd.jpg
I love these! These are my favorites. I miss my JMP and the basket weave cab I had a long time ago. Nice gear man!

A much as I like things that go bang, I also like my hearing. I'm really hoping the Hearing Protection Act passes and we can get these cans non NFA.
Me too. Unfortunately it has not been seeing any movement as of late.

Guns are VERY welcome here … they're just usually in the backstage / off-topic section :yesway:
This is great to hear! I usually try to keep the two separate but knowing there are some comrades in arms here just makes it all that much better.
In the future I will keep it in the backstage. Did want to recognize these fine examples of Marshall goodness tho'!

Latest posts