Silver Jubilee clone by ceriatone

• Thread starter softmc
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

softmc

Reaction score
Hi Guys
Just thought I would let people know that ceriatone
have started to produce 50w jubilee clones that are
hand wired (either as a kit or fully assembled) prices
are about 800 dollars for 50w the 2555 100w will
follow in due course. This is a great oppourtunity
to get a jube at realistic price ar if you have a jube
but dont like gigging it makes an ideal backup.
I may wait for the 2555 as I have 2553.
incidently I done a clip for youtube recently
to let someone hear what the jube sounds like
paired with another amp excuse the noodling!!!!

YouTube - MARSHALL SILVER JUBILEE 2553 ,FENDER HOTROD DELUXE, GIBSON LES PAUL

Derek :cheers:

jcmjmp

Reaction score
That is so cool. Its been in the works for a long time.

I already had a custom, hand made, PTP jubilee clone made for me and I love it. It compares nicely to the real thing (which I also have).

It will be interesteing to see how this one sounds.

jcmjmp

Reaction score
The layout and design is indentical to my custom with 1 exception - I have 1 gain control for lead and 1 for clean. No real tonal difference between the single gain control and dual gain control versions.

Check this page out Jubilee Layouts

Mine is the 2550x with an extra option - Tube or Solid State rectifier.

Sounds real sweet. Top shelf components, Heyboer trannies. Mmmmm.

softmc

Reaction score
The layout and design is indentical to my custom with 1 exception - I have 1 gain control for lead and 1 for clean. No real tonal difference between the single gain control and dual gain control versions.

SOUNDS like a sweet amp. the gain control for clean channel
is a great idea as this is where the jube falls down.
does the tube rectifier make much difference?
cool schematics, are they from the metro amp forum
as I have seen them somewhere before? did you
try different LEDs when building your amp or just
the reds I bought some yellows and greens but
have never got round to trying them.

ALSO I HAVE A QUESTION - some jubilee owners claim that the
2555 has much more mids than the 50w version
according to the schematics they are identical
apart from bigger trannys and more output valves
so would this have much impact on the sound
I thought the 100watter would have more head room
and sound bigger but more mids??????
any jube owners shed light on this!!!!

jcmjmp

Reaction score
SOUNDS like a sweet amp. the gain control for clean channel is a great idea

Yes. It makes a world of difference for someone that needs a clean and dirty channel. The single gain control is what make my Marshall Jubilee hard to use live. The 2550x is great live.

The layout is from Steve (SDM). Yes, he hangs out at the Metro Amp forum. The amp was custom built for me in exchange for a custom Ken Lawrence explorer I built.

The tube vs SS Rectifier option doesn't really make a big difference. Its subtle and only discernable when playing loud.

ALSO I HAVE A QUESTION - some jubilee owners claim that the
2555 has much more mids than the 50w version
according to the schematics they are identical
apart from bigger trannys and more output valves
so would this have much impact on the sound
I thought the 100watter would have more head room
and sound bigger but more mids??????
any jube owners shed light on this!!!!

The more mids thing all started with Joe Bonamassa. Its a load of BS IMO. It could be that the mid pot had a slightly different taper on the 100w vs 50w amp he tried and he generalized to all amps.

The audio taper of the mid pot can vary. Potentiometers typically have a tolerance of +-20%. When setting the mid pot at a setting of say, "5", it might not sound the same on all amps. The range of the mid pot should still be the same and you should be able to get good mids out of any jube.

softmc

Reaction score
The more mids thing all started with Joe Bonamassa. Its a load of BS IMO. It could be that the mid pot had a slightly different taper on the 100w vs 50w amp he tried and he generalized to all amps.

The audio taper of the mid pot can vary. Potentiometers typically have a tolerance of +-20%. When setting the mid pot at a setting of say, "5", it might not sound the same on all amps. The range of the mid pot should still be the same and you should be able to get good mids out of any jube.[/QUOTE]

YEAH
that sounds about right. I set my mid about 6.5-7 which is
way plenty mids for me .

ANOTHER THING - COMPARED - to my old jcm 2203 (which I regretablysold)
The jubilee is a dark sounding amp, which is ok . but sometimes there is
just some thing missing for me. I found out a neat trick to add some
extra dimension to the jube sound , is to use a signal splitter in the
effects loop (before my dd3) and take it to another amp input
(I use fender HRD)
this effectively gives you the pre-amp from the jube but You can now
set the eq in the second amp differently ie more mids treble or
whatever is needed . using both amps together You can create
a far wider range of tones but You still have the delicious jube
preamp sound . Works for me!!!

siav

Reaction score
This is very interesting JCMJMP!
Do you have an idea on how much would cost roughly if I decide to built up one like yours?

jcmjmp

Reaction score
This is very interesting JCMJMP!
Do you have an idea on how much would cost roughly if I decide to built up one like yours?

I never thought about that. If you're interested, I can hook you up with someone. PM me.

mxr2000

Reaction score

Hello could you be kind to tell me how i can get a Jubilee clone with the same mods and futures like your? thanks:h5:

nedcronin

Reaction score
Yeah I have been thinking about a JUb clone from ceriatone....from what I hear they make quality stuff

RickyLee

VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah, the Ceriatone 2550 board is on my WANT list. Actually, I already have all the other parts to make it - I have the chassis, a set of Mercury Trannies, all the pots now ect.

I guess the overseas thing is what has kept me dragging my feet. But I hear nothing but good things about this seller. I just need to DO IT. Yeah the money is the other issue of course, but I am most of the way there.

richieG

Reaction score
Yeah, the Ceriatone 2550 board is on my WANT list. Actually, I already have all the other parts to make it - I have the chassis, a set of Mercury Trannies, all the pots now ect.

I guess the overseas thing is what has kept me dragging my feet. But I hear nothing but good things about this seller. I just need to DO IT. Yeah the money is the other issue of course, but I am most of the way there.

You have all the heavy stuff the rest would be tubes, tube sockets etc.

I doubt it would be super expensive to freight a handful of caps, resistors, turret board etc etc.

I am in Australia so the postage is a bit cheaper.

I have built two kits from ceriatione and I must say that they are a great little company. I would recommend them to anyone.

Its an awesome way for noobs to get started on amp building.

belch

Reaction score
Here in the UK it's possible to pick up tatty late 60's & early 70's Carlsbro Pa's with Drake transformer sets for under a £100, they make great donor amps for the likes of 1987,2204 & jub clones.

Here's my latest project that owes me less than £150 all in including valves ( the brimar pre's & rft output tubes that came with the amp still have plenty of life in em ), still work in progress as there's lots of switching ideas that i want to try out but you get the idea. It dont look like a Marshall but it sure sounds like one.

mxr2000

Reaction score
Here in the UK it's possible to pick up tatty late 60's & early 70's Carlsbro Pa's with Drake transformer sets for under a £100, they make great donor amps for the likes of 1987,2204 & jub clones.

Here's my latest project that owes me less than £150 all in including valves ( the brimar pre's & rft output tubes that came with the amp still have plenty of life in em ), still work in progress as there's lots of switching ideas that i want to try out but you get the idea. It dont look like a Marshall but it sure sounds like one.

nice Vew more info please

belch

Reaction score
nice Vew more info please

What sort of info are you looking for ?

For a start--- self built turret boards, resistors/ caps/pots/selectors & jack sockets all salvaged from original amp with the missing parts made up from other old amps.
6 different led clipping pairs on a 2way 6 pole rotary switch, 2 independant footswitchable dpdt relays( which i'm still undecided as to where i'm going with these ). As i said this is still work in progress & still have plans for seperate footswitched solo boost & maybe extra gain stage.

It would be cool to rock up to a gig, have everyone scoff at your rig then let em have it.

I dont gig now but have used modded & stock Carlsbro's in the past much to the other guys amusement . The ribbing doesn't last long .

Latest posts