SL5 in action

• Thread starter Söulcaster
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DSL 50

Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQ5rllUvx2E]grim reaper - rock you to hell - YouTube[/ame]

Söulcaster

🎼🎵🎶☮️🇦🇺
VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not really in the market for one of these but, I'd like to have a go of the SL5 when they hit the store to really see how they sound and what they can do.

Peace

Reactions: JAC

Adwex

Reaction score
That's Nick Bowcott from Grim Reaper. He also wrote and did interviews for one of the big guitar magazines. Now he works for Marshall, cool. I saw Grim Reaper back in the '80s....Nick didn't age well. :lol:

AndyK11

Reaction score
I like the design with the 12 inch v30 and EL34. Sounds like a good Marshall combo , with a cool clean sound. I bet if it was made in the uk it would be closer to a grand street.

Funny how the combo goes to 1 watt for home playing, yet the JCM1 goes from a loud 1 watt down to .1 watt for home use. I'd love a variable control on these amps to go from 5 watts to .1, instead of a switch.

NAMM is a cool time!!

The Ozzk

Reaction score
We all like different things... If I was in the market for a low wattage amp I'd go for a Class 5 head. Mini plexi made in England... for $250-$300 used it's a good deal all day long in my book. :cheers:

thenoodler

Reaction score
That's Nick Bowcott from Grim Reaper. He also wrote and did interviews for one of the big guitar magazines. Now he works for Marshall, cool. I saw Grim Reaper back in the '80s....Nick didn't age well. :lol:

Actually the first set of chords he plays on the clean channel reminds me of that YouTube video "Eddie Van Halen Shreds".
Lol.

Söulcaster

🎼🎵🎶☮️🇦🇺
VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds great; I'm betting it will be their new best seller!

I actually agree with this. They'll sell like hot cakes because they appeal to the younger/less experienced crowd and also seasoned players as well.

And since Marshall has stopped producing Class5's, this will be the new class5.

Peace

Reactions: JAC

newbies

Reaction score
Sounds cool, I haven't been following any threads on this amp so this question may have already been answered....

Anyone know if these will be a limited run like the afd100 or a full production amp?

santiall

Reaction score
I actually agree with this. They'll sell like hot cakes because they appeal to the younger/less experienced crowd and also seasoned players as well.

Peace

the class5 are different amps altogether... there is nothing to compare apart from the rated power

thenoodler

Reaction score
yeah, for not alot more could have just used 2, so the u could jam with mates

facepalm

You might be surprised 5 watts is pretty loud, especially class A tube amp.
I would reserve judgement until we can all check it out in person and see how loud it actually is.

JAC

Reaction score

Peace

Wow! I didn't know they stopped making C5s! Glad I got the C5H when I did!

Quasar-Kid

Reaction score
$699 is a deal compared to that DSL40c thing that sounds like freshly hammered sh!t
I have two reliable sources that tell me this little slash thing sounds ridiculously good

ibmorjamn

Reaction score
I really like the sound of it but the competition these days for small amps seem to be pack 8 gl. of shit in a 5gl. bucket which I like. I like what Hughes & Kettner is doing with the tubemeister 18w and 36w and Carvin's V3 (never played the V3 but I have heard good things about them). I swear all the good stuff I saw on ebay today. the Tubemeister 36w had a buy it now for $750.

Nice sounding amp, take that and bump it up to the 40w/20w as a head that weighs 25lb or less, effects with volume.