• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Sound Issues.

• Thread starter Khurram
  • Start date
  • Tags
    amplifier
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Khurram

Reaction score
Bad earths / wiring in property can cause all sorts of weird stuff to happen, these can be dangerous and potentially fatal. Glad you are getting the techs out to give the property the once over.
A few years ago I had a loose earth in a car. The engine wouldn't switch off, the wipers, air con and sound system would work of their own accord....as I said weird stuff can happen.

Roger... I believe that this probably solves a bigger problem.. Not just for me but for my neighbors

Jethro Rocker

Reaction score
Crackling can easily be dirty control pots. Spray with some DeOxit contact cleaner and you're good to go. Could be more, but that's an easy place to start. Easiest repair ever!!
Interesting the weird crap that can go on with wiring...as mentioned, lucky you haven't been electrocuted.

Khurram

Reaction score
So.... The work's done.. :)

It finally feels like a have a 2nd pick up on my axe(s) once again ... Lol
At the same time I (contact) cleaned the shit out of the pots on the amp so that improved a lot of things.. A crackling sound still amazingly appears and only goes away when I turn off and on again... But hey 99% of the problem is resolved... So thanks guys!!
@Gunner64 @Georgiatec @Jethro Rocker

I'll check the other threads now for a change and see what's up :D

Khurram

Reaction score
So what was up with tne electrical? That's so weird.

Reckon ure talking about the building work? So they rewired the main supply in the distribution room for the building; properly making tge back up generator connections again. That seems to have solved the problem.

If ure talking about the amp.... Well not sure... I'm just happy I can atleast play now without the lack of noise and the sound coming correctly (both pick ups).. Any ideas in the amp noise?

Ghostman

Reaction score
5. Have called in the power company. Techs are coming in tmrw to do a diagnostic.

That has to be a service call for the books.

"Yeah, you guys need to come out to check my house wiring!"
"why is that?"
"because my guitar sounds terrible when I play it."
"....maybe try lessons?"

Khurram

Reaction score
That has to be a service call for the books.

"Yeah, you guys need to come out to check my house wiring!"
"why is that?"
"because my guitar sounds terrible when I play it."
"....maybe try lessons?"

Lol... Missed this one out.. Nice to see someone with a sense of humor.