Sourmash Vs Mojotone Head Shells

• Thread starter charvel2
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score
Got my custom head shell from Sourmash last weekend, here she is

L5UcLje.jpg
That just screams, and I love the attention to detail! Cheers

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't post often, hardly ever really .

I always have to give respect to Bob @sourmash, looking at four extension and one head cab built by him. One a custom job.

Great work, very fair pricing good quality materials! What more could someone want?

No affiliation , just a stoked customer.
Still good to see ya bro :cheers: I shall hoist a few, and sourmash will eventually get some business from me as well, just not at this moment! Cheers Mitch

steveb63

Reaction score
Still good to see ya bro :cheers: I shall hoist a few, and sourmash will eventually get some business from me as well, just not at this moment! Cheers Mitch
Hey Mitch!

If and when you go to Sourmash, I think Bob will take great care of you. He's def great at what he does, and great prices.

Can't imagine you being disappointed .

Peace bro.

Chris-in-LA

Reaction score
@acidvoodoo Did you drill holes for the logo or did you attach it some other way? I’m thinking that I’ll cut off the little tabs on my logo and glue it on with a little silicone.

steveb63

Reaction score
Beautiful Major, nice purty box.

What's that monster going to be driving?

It just kinda looks made for a full stack of Greenbacks. Idk.

Really great work by a great cabinet guy.

mAx___

Reaction score
Beautiful Major, nice purty box.

What's that monster going to be driving?

It just kinda looks made for a full stack of Greenbacks. Idk.

Really great work by a great cabinet guy.
Thanks! It's driving a half stack of '72 T1281's. I have an extra quad for a full stack but not enough space inside the isolation cab. :)

steveb63

Reaction score
Thanks! It's driving a half stack of '72 T1281's. I have an extra quad for a full stack but not enough space inside the isolation cab. :)

Sweet rig man, too cool.

Never used an iso cab before, doesn't mean I don't want to. Always thought it would be cool to re-amp the cab, and feed thru mixer to p.a. for lower volume monitoring.

Enjoy , sounds like fun!

Chris-in-LA

Reaction score
I pretty much did that but used double sided 3m tape
@MarshallDog told me that Bob could help with that. I emailed him and he told me he was getting ready to put the tolex on tomorrow and is going to drill the holes for the logo. He is also going to ship it out tomorrow. I can’t wait to see how it turns out.

mAx___

Reaction score
Sweet rig man, too cool.

Never used an iso cab before, doesn't mean I don't want to. Always thought it would be cool to re-amp the cab, and feed thru mixer to p.a. for lower volume monitoring.

Enjoy , sounds like fun!
I swear by mine. It cost me very little, was easier to build than an IKEA table and I get the full volume plexi sound at any time of day or night without disturbind anybody or losing my hearing lol. I also think that the sound I get through miking the cab is more pleasant and reminiscent than what I hear when I'm standing in front of it. Highly recommended :)

steveb63

Reaction score
I see a convo with mAx, and a trip to the lumberyard in my future.

Thanks for the info mAx, if I decide to fabricate one. Hope you don't mind a p.m. or two if any questions arise.

Thanks
Steve

mAx___

Reaction score
Absolutely no problem, Steve. Feel free to pm me with any questions. Is it a 4x12 or 2x12?

Adieu

Reaction score
So are you guys using these on kits and knockoffs, or to rebox the original real thing??

mAx___

Reaction score
I'm using it on my 2xKT88 Major build. It replaced a 100w Superlead-style headshell that I couldn't look at anymore :)

Latest posts