Stolen Mashall 2555SL on Ebay PSA

• Thread starter lespaul6
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ramo

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about losing your amp, there are lot of scam bags out there.

If you have all the evidence, chaise it till the end even if it cost more then amp.

Im really sorry bro, that sucks big time....

This is the reason i avoid buing expensive stuff on ebay and similar sites...

One time I bought used dishwasher from gumtree ( its like ebay) after 2 use it stop working.... guy said do this do that... i did still not working, he said do this do that... i said i dont want to do anything give me my money back and take your dish washer...

long story short, he came took the dish washer and got my money back...

after that i dont buy anything expensive from places like eaby.

JacksonCharvelAddict

Reaction score
I have only sold two items on Ebay and was scammed both times. Similar to how this happened. I had tracking setup and the tracking shows it was delivered and the buyer claims they didn't get it. Luckily these were items that were less than 10 dollars but it just shows that scum out there will cheat and scam just for something that is literally three bucks. Hope you get your money or the amp back.

RickyLee

VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you think the neighbor swiped it from your home ? Or did the UPS driver deliver it to the wrong address? Good for you bringing it home !

Nah, it was not stolen. It never made it up to my house. I live up a private road/drive off the street. My mailbox is down at the street though. So the UPS driver prob did not take the time to find my house.

ultrataco

Reaction score
I've sold or attempted to sell about 12 things on Ebay. Have had 2 buyers not pay and one pretty sure attempt to scam me.

I've sold about 60 things on Reverb. The only issue I've had was a small amp head got lost at a post office somehow after delivery was attempted and the buyer wasn't there to sign for it. Reverb refunded both the buyer AND me. And nobody had to fight with customer service or file any complaints to make that happen. It was resolved quickly and easily.

I've seen many stories about ebay like this, where a buyer claims to not receive an item and then ebay just refunds the buyer and takes the money from the seller. Seems like a common scam and easy to get away with since ebay usually sides with the buyer and makes it difficult to dispute anything.

I typically only use ebay for stuff I can't sell on reverb, and only when I'm just trying to get rid of stuff which I wouldn't be too bothered about just losing.

RickyLee

VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I am at the cross roads with all this darn gear collection. I need to get in the off loading mode frame of mind and start selling man. Never sold on ebay, and now really have cold feet to mess with it.

I have all these amp heads just sitting now not being put to use. So I should pass them on down the line to someone that will put them to use. Plus, that would give me some funds and justification to spend $$ on a few amp models I still would like to try and have. Sell about 10 to 15 heads and buy a good couple nice ones that I have always had the GAS for lol. Oh yeah, and get rid of all these darn huge speaker cabs that take up so much space lol.

dslman

Reaction score
10-15 heads?,,,very impressive! How many cabs?...jk
I just sold a cab for the same reason, just collecting dust, but it won't fund anything much...lol

dslman

Reaction score
Yeah, I am at the cross roads with all this darn gear collection. I need to get in the off loading mode frame of mind and start selling man. Never sold on ebay, and now really have cold feet to mess with it.

I have all these amp heads just sitting now not being put to use. So I should pass them on down the line to someone that will put them to use. Plus, that would give me some funds and justification to spend $$ on a few amp models I still would like to try and have. Sell about 10 to 15 heads and buy a good couple nice ones that I have always had the GAS for lol. Oh yeah, and get rid of all these darn huge speaker cabs that take up so much space lol.
forgot to hit the reply button...oops

scozz

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

Sounds like it’s time Ricky!

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score
@RickyLee don’t thin the heard if it’s something you will miss, when I got back to playing in 91, a buddy of mine was selling Marshall cabs and I had got a great deal on them, but 3 years later I also sold them, at a time when they were not going for much, they were kind of batterd (tolex scruffs) and I didn’t get much for them, now they are considered vintage ha ha, so what I am trying to say is be sure you will not miss anything you do sell.
Cheers
Mitch

RickyLee

VIP Member
Reaction score
10-15 heads?,,,very impressive! How many cabs?...jk
I just sold a cab for the same reason, just collecting dust, but it won't fund anything much...lol

Sounds like it’s time Ricky!

@RickyLee don’t thin the heard if it’s something you will miss, when I got back to playing in 91, a buddy of mine was selling Marshall cabs and I had got a great deal on them, but 3 years later I also sold them, at a time when they were not going for much, they were kind of batterd (tolex scruffs) and I didn’t get much for them, now they are considered vintage ha ha, so what I am trying to say is be sure you will not miss anything you do sell.
Cheers
Mitch

Yeah, it could be time for sure. It is for sure a cross roads situation though. The main cover band that was the gigging band but did really slow down to a crawl the last few years, well, we had our bass player pass on end of 2019 at too young a age. The Trower/Sabbath band thing had fizzled out a few years before that too. So I now have big amp heads and gear not being put to use. If I do not get the studio room built this year, and then factor in health issues starting to arise, then that will probably tell me it is time to sell off to someone that will use this stuff.

I should really get a count on all my amps and guitars, but I am thinking there must be over 30 guitar amps including what is stored away. I did decide I should sell the '88 2205 #2 and get rid of the '90 900 MK3. I will keep the SL-X as I did a few cool upgrades on that one. There are some cheap amps that I could off load, like the Bogner Alchemist and such. Maybe one of the two TSL100 ect.

I have always pondered finding a somewhat traveling gigging tribute band after retiring from work, but not sure when retirement will be either lol. But having a recording studio would be good justification to have a nice selection of gear on hand.

Crikey

Reaction score

Whatcha thinkin of selling?

dslman

Reaction score
Yeah, it could be time for sure. It is for sure a cross roads situation though. The main cover band that was the gigging band but did really slow down to a crawl the last few years, well, we had our bass player pass on end of 2019 at too young a age. The Trower/Sabbath band thing had fizzled out a few years before that too. So I now have big amp heads and gear not being put to use. If I do not get the studio room built this year, and then factor in health issues starting to arise, then that will probably tell me it is time to sell off to someone that will use this stuff.

I should really get a count on all my amps and guitars, but I am thinking there must be over 30 guitar amps including what is stored away. I did decide I should sell the '88 2205 #2 and get rid of the '90 900 MK3. I will keep the SL-X as I did a few cool upgrades on that one. There are some cheap amps that I could off load, like the Bogner Alchemist and such. Maybe one of the two TSL100 ect.

I have always pondered finding a somewhat traveling gigging tribute band after retiring from work, but not sure when retirement will be either lol. But having a recording studio would be good justification to have a nice selection of gear on hand.
Sorry to hear about your bass player, that is tough, and I know how it feels, as I’ve lost a singer in 2019 also , he was my age, and another in his early 40’s,that was years ago. I’ve always had the opposite problem, I get rid of equipment, and guitars that I should have kept.
At least now you can take time to make the right decisions, and hopefully get that studio built. I’m kinda envious, cuz I’ll never have a studio.. lol

El Gringo

Reaction score
Nah, it was not stolen. It never made it up to my house. I live up a private road/drive off the street. My mailbox is down at the street though. So the UPS driver prob did not take the time to find my house.
Ok, because our gear costs lots of money .

RickyLee

VIP Member
Reaction score
Whatcha thinkin of selling?

The starters to break the ice might be some 4X12 cabs. Will not get much for them as none of them are near worth the ones I will end up keeping lol. I have an early '80's Randall 4X12 with its original matching G12-65's in the more rare 8 ohm. I might be better off removing the speakers and selling them separate from the cab.

More than likely will sell the '88 JCM 800 2205, Bogner Alchemist head. Then there are lots of maybes, like the '90 JCM 900 2500 MK3, TSL 100early 70's Traynor Custom Reverb. Maybe the hot rodded '87 JCM 800 4104, but that is my chasing the Cantrell Facelift tone modified amp lol. Might be tough to part with lol.

I have just way too many speakers, mainly Celestions, nothing older than late 70's though really.

Brett336

Reaction score
The starters to break the ice might be some 4X12 cabs. Will not get much for them as none of them are near worth the ones I will end up keeping lol. I have an early '80's Randall 4X12 with its original matching G12-65's in the more rare 8 ohm. I might be better off removing the speakers and selling them separate from the cab.

More than likely will sell the '88 JCM 800 2205, Bogner Alchemist head. Then there are lots of maybes, like the '90 JCM 900 2500 MK3, TSL 100early 70's Traynor Custom Reverb. Maybe the hot rodded '87 JCM 800 4104, but that is my chasing the Cantrell Facelift tone modified amp lol. Might be tough to part with lol.

I have just way too many speakers, mainly Celestions, nothing older than late 70's though really.

Sorry to here your gigging has slowed down Ricky and very sorry to here about that loss of your bass player.

Are you going to sell any of your 4010 combos?