Stolen Mashall 2555SL on Ebay PSA

• Thread starter lespaul6
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dead Jackson

Reaction score
So I a similar thing happened to a friend years before the internet was invented by Al Gore, and yes that’s somewhat of a joke. I digress.... the only similarity is a priceless heirloom was stolen from a house, and it was assumed it was an inside job. The item was difficult to fence because the art item’s value was based upon the fact it was an unknown statue from a famous painter/sculptor and the only way to verify its authenticity was to consult with the family of the deceased artist, who was in fact who it was stolen from! So of course word went out to the art world that it was stolen so it couldn’t be sold first of all, and then the best part: the offspring of the victim was connected to a very heavy motorcycle club who shall remain nameless, tho it’s likely that everybody in the world knows who they are. The item was returned through that club TEN YEARS LATER! The story goes that the thief couldn’t sell the item and buried it in a park in the Oakland hills, Tilden Park, where it stayed for ten years. Eventually somehow, the identity of the thief became known by the club members and “it is likely” that they “pressured” or “convinced” the piece of doo-doo it was in his best interest to return the item. He/they did so for obvious reasons and a club member made that phone call and returned the much loved item to its home. Moral of the story here is I agree with another poster here: street law rules when the system fails you.

That said, I got scammed by an eBay seller because I didn’t read the policies at the time and was stringed along until the time limit for negative feedback expired at which point the seller quit responding to my inquiries. It was a recalled defective Mackie digital multi track recorder that was no longer supported once Loud Technologies bought Mackie, and the after market fixes long since gone. Firm where issue. Be that as it may, I lost the $300, but I have the errant machine, so not completely screwed. Not enough to call out the club in Texas, tho I thought about it. At least I let the seller know not to sleep to soundly lest an associate of an associate of an associate may surprise him for his skullduggery. I included his physical address in that email because the idiot said to much and was easy to trace with Google! Owned a studio. (He also sold one of these to a friend). Sometimes the fear of what you might do is actually more effective than what you can do. I hope the OP has a happy ending to this story, and at least we all know the culprit’s name is sh_t! Sometimes the lessons learned are worth the cost. Call it the cost of doing business. And, remember it’s not healthy to get to attached to your physical possessions. Yet... I would be furious if any of my Marshall’s left me for another realm of existence!!!! Even the non-vintage one! The other lesson here is Loud Technologies turned a bunch of great companies into crap! Ampeg went from one of the best amps on the market to the least reliable amp ever made!!! I have 3 SVTs from New Jersey and St Louis. The Chinesium units SUCK!!! Anyway... Go forum!!!

Maggot Brain

Reaction score
You wanna know more about Ebay and Paypal Mafia , watch this one till the end .
Sean Hross is a brilliant Historian and made hundreds of videos explaning the old and
new world order and who is behind all this and their secret plan etc...
Also , if you want to know why he seems upset when he talks, go click on his video
library and you'll know a lot more and will probably trow all your history books and knowledge
you learned from school out the window .

I'm one for conspiracy theories but honestly believe most of these people having issues with PayPal and other "services" are just not understanding the process or doing something wrong. I watched the video and I feel from the little information he gave his son was struggling with one of the security features, they wanted him to prove he was the owner of the website. The author of the video admits that neither one really knows how to use PayPal, the author enlisting his son due to his own lack of knowledge/experience.

My parents struggle with these security features on various sites and services, Gmail, banking websites, eBay etc etc etc. I normally find that they are just lacking current technical experience and after I help them for 5 min, solve the issue. They believing that the service is sketchy or over complicated on purpose... Just a lack of technical experience and know how on their part, no scams or shady business.

I wouldn't 100% blame eBay or PayPal as the problem is a person abusing the service and or manipulating a loop hole. Yes these sites need to improve these weak links and investigate then strengthen any holes that can be taking advantage of.

I doubt this will ever be resolved for the OP, his best bet now is to spread awareness and insist eBay and PayPal developing a more indepth review process. Simply this whole situation could have been avoided simply by requiring a signature on the package. I'm sure there is only so much eBay and PayPal can due and like real life the seller has to take precautions and responsibilty when dealing a service that can be manipulated. It’s easy to point fingers and blame someone or something else, pretty normal human behavior but at some point we must take responsibility for our part.

Lessons here? ALWAYS require a signature when selling online, simple.

Again, this sucks for the OP and thieves are disgusting humans.

KraftyBob

Reaction score
Interestingly enough I'm selling my Eganter Tweaker 15 on eBay and accepted an offer on it yesterday afternoon. I replied with the invoice and commented that I only ship with signature required to make sure he knew someone would have to sign for it. Could be a complete coincidence, but I haven't heard a peep out of him since. I sent him a message this morning asking if he was still interested, and that's on top of the emails eBay sends. I just read eBay and it looks like there's a 48 hour payment window and then I need to submit a unpaid item claim. Great <sarcasm>

Last edited:

Matthews Guitars

Reaction score
My recent ebay story: I sell one of my Marshall restoration panels to a man living just a few states away. I soon get a notice after shipping that there will be a shipping delay due to the amazing efficiency of the US Postal Service. More than two weeks pass and it hasn't arrived. Either ebay or the buyer automatically opens a case for item non receipt. I can provide tracking information but no proof of delivery. Customer is willing to wait a few days. Ebay's system automatically found in the buyer's favor and refunded him. And then the panel arrives the next day!

The buyer contacted me directly, repaid the payment, and all is well. Not due to ebay, but due to an honest buyer.

It would have been a long and complicated thing to solve if I'd had to open up the case again on ebay.

Im247frogs

Reaction score
You think that's bad? (ie last 16 posts)
I dropped off my smog cert, proof of insurance, and cc number to the DMV in Coney Island SIX WEEKS AGO AND THEY RAN MY CARD THE NEXT DAY AND I STILL DONT HAVE MY STICKER AND I GOT A TICKET FOR AN EXPIRED REGISTARTION TODAY!!!! And I waited on hold for 55 minutes this am before I HAD to hang up!
CAn you believe it??? The Post Office??!! The DMV!??? They all SUCK! They make paypal look like a bunch of pussies.

Im247frogs

Reaction score
take your bank receipt & explain at the local precinct...
I assume I'll get at least a ticket or two a week until I get my sticker, then I'll go in with my original receipt and shmooze my way out of all of them. I'm surprised it took them this long to notice, my registration expired 2/1.
Guess not having a total POS van for the first time in my life and driving a brand new yuppie mobile has it's perks. Haven't been pulled over once in 2 years.

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
I assume I'll get at least a ticket or two a week until I get my sticker, then I'll go in with my original receipt and shmooze my way out of all of them. I'm surprised it took them this long to notice, my registration expired 2/1.
Guess not having a total POS van for the first time in my life and driving a brand new yuppie mobile has it's perks. Haven't been pulled over once in 2 years.
the problem is... at least in CA, even if you get the police to write off a ticket, they still want you to pay a court filing fee, per case.

So, it may be $15, but, if you get 10 tickets, it becomes $150...

My van was stolen a month ago. The a**holes took the front license plate off, among other things. So, I had to order a new one, but, like you, DMV's are closed, there's big waiting times for the ones that are open (like 6 months). I ordered online, but still waiting...

If I get pulled over, I'll just have to explain that someone stole my vehicle, took off the plate & DMV are closed due to covid, rendering them worthless. Fine DMV, not me. It took me weeks to get the van back from the collision center, but still no plate(s)...

best bet, is to try to have a cop write it off, then carry that w/ you, so, if you get pulled over again, you have that.

dan46n2

Reaction score
Unless I missed it there seems to be an elephant in the room. Ebay must have a policy about this. If you sell an item and the carrier says it was delivered how is it possible that Ebay refunds the buyer? Do they require a signature in order to be protected as a seller? I've never required a signature but I damn sure will after reading this thread. What a nightmare.

El Gringo

Reaction score
Last August my drivers license expired , which somewhere in the back of my head I knew . So after Turkey day last November I get the renewal in the mail and sent it in and 2 weeks later I got my new license . Crazy Times .

Michael Roe

Reaction score
Speaking of driver's license:
Mine was to be renewed last spring but due to C19 I didn't have to until November.
My Dad was friends with the owner of the BMV and I also did work for them myself so it has always been a pleasurable experience. Cool not having to wait in line etc :)
So, I go to get my DL renewed and this time they have to take a new pic and check my eyes. I wear reading glasses but no prescriptions yet. The family friend does not have me do the eye test. I didn't say anything and was thinking cool, I really didn't want to press my forehead against that thing anyhow due to C19. I get my new DL in the mail a week later: It states that I have a driving restriction: Corrective lenses required, WTF!

lespaul6

Reaction score
Usually the DMV will provide a certified receipt that you would show law enforcement- if pulled over- while waiting for your license to arrive by mail etc.. it would act as proof of a valid DL

El Gringo

Reaction score
Speaking of driver's license:
Mine was to be renewed last spring but due to C19 I didn't have to until November.
My Dad was friends with the owner of the BMV and I also did work for them myself so it has always been a pleasurable experience. Cool not having to wait in line etc :)
So, I go to get my DL renewed and this time they have to take a new pic and check my eyes. I wear reading glasses but no prescriptions yet. The family friend does not have me do the eye test. I didn't say anything and was thinking cool, I really didn't want to press my forehead against that thing anyhow due to C19. I get my new DL in the mail a week later: It states that I have a driving restriction: Corrective lenses required, WTF!
You just reminded me that I had to have the eye test done as well . So I could either make an appointment at the DMV for an eye test or get it from my Doctor which I had an appointment scheduled ,even though I was not sure they did eye exams . So I was lucky they did eye exams and that was easily taken care of . The last time before that when I renewed I got the eye exam done at work as we had an in house RN Nurse , which her test had that machine which was very exact , which my Doctor only had the eye chart on the wall and cover one eye and read this line on the chart . I was super glad that I was able to avoid going to the DMV , not so much about the Pandemic , just that it is such a pain .

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
I think that the eye tests are misleading.

More than not, when I cover 1 eye, my single eye sees blurry. Open both & it's crystal clear. Especially, when I cover one eye, then open it, that one is more blurry, for a while anyway...

I can understand how Dr's use them to check your overall vision, & eye health (along w/ other tests, etc.), but, some flunkie at DMV, who doesn't even know the alphabet?

When I go to DMV, usually, there's quite a long line, before you get the eye test. It gives you an hour or 2 to study it. I study it & get it right w/ my eyes closed... :)...

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score

More than not, when I cover 1 eye, my single eye sees blurry. Open both & it's crystal clear. Especially, when I cover one eye, then open it, that one is more blurry, for a while anyway...

I can understand how Dr's use them to check your overall vision, & eye health (along w/ other tests, etc.), but, some flunkie at DMV, who doesn't even know the alphabet?

When I go to DMV, usually, there's quite a long line, before you get the eye test. It gives you an hour or 2 to study it. I study it & get it right w/ my eyes closed... :)...
Very smart !!

El Gringo

Reaction score

Don't think I haven't done the same thing when I used to go to the DMV . Heck your waiting in line for eternity and bored out of your mind then it is only natural to start memorizing the eye chart . Since I have such a short attention span I quickly forget as if I see something shiney or a member of the fairer sex .

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
My license expired in Dec 2020 and it took until last week to renew it, its all appt only I had to wait 3 months but my state allows license, registration, insurance to lapse during this state of emergency they are not enforcing these laws. :yesway: