Stolen Mashall 2555SL on Ebay PSA

• Thread starter lespaul6
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

stickyfinger

Reaction score
dude go back and read from page 1. then jump in the thread and comment..
Read the last post on pg 5 from stickyfinger.

I have read the whole thread. There was no proof until post 102 of the amp being the same make an model. Even the Ebay customer support message could have been fabricated.

Still who knows what truly happened till the other party speaks. Amp could have been returned for a full refund as the paperwork shows and the returner bought another one. OP sees nwt383 amp listed for sale on Ebay, still is salty and decides to torment this guy.

No way does the buyer get refunded 1600$ for porch pirates.

I just don't believe the whole story is being told here...

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
I have read the whole thread. There was no proof until post 102 of the amp being the same make an model. Even the Ebay customer support message could have been fabricated.

Still who knows what truly happened till the other party speaks. Amp could have been returned for a full refund as the paperwork shows and the returner bought another one. OP sees nwt383 amp listed for sale on Ebay, still is salty and decides to torment this guy.

in regards to proof & post 102. He sent me direct proof, including forwarded emails, or I wouldn't have let the person get outted on here...

If the other guy is innocent, why did he pull the ad & his facebook go dark, when people started questioning him?

If innocent, I would tell everybody to pound sand & sell it.

But, he did provide me w/ the receipts & other files, early on. I asked him for them, because I have a problem w/ someone making he said/she said accusations & especially doxxing someone, posting their personal info.

Even though he shared them w/ me, I am not at liberty to share them publicly, as it's not my story to perpetuate, or get involved w/.

If you look at posts #27 & #66, you'll see that, at point #27, I was not wanting there to be any doxxing, by #66, he had provided me w/ evidence, which I felt/feel was ample to let it continue.

This scenario is not new.

My brother sent a collectible to some guy in UK. Ended up, the guy claimed he never got it & they billed my brother for the rare item. So, my brother got ripped off from the guy. The guy got the item & the item is irreplaceable, on my brother's end.

At the time, the USPS were enacting some nonsense about not letting you track your own shipments out of country. When they handed it over to Royal Post, it was untraceable, on our end. Previous to that, we could always trace it through Royal.

Ebay totally sided w/ the other guy & let him leave a scathing feedback against my brother, even though he got such a great item for free. I had to fight to get that feedback removed.

They refunded the guy, so he did not buy anything. Since he claimed to not get anything, where's there any evidence of a transaction? No money for no goods?

Yeah, but he got the goods...

I don't remember what the item was, but, my brother deals a lot in WWII stuff. It was probably something British, in pristine condition, that was recovered somewhere in EU (Germany/France)

I'm sure there's others on here that also have similar stories about ebay/paypal screwing them over...

Last edited:

Crikey

Reaction score
in regards to proof & post 102. He sent me direct proof, including forwarded emails, or I wouldn't have let the person get outted on here...

If the other guy is innocent, why did he pull the ad & his facebook go dark, when people started questioning him?

If innocent, I would tell everybody to pound sand & sell it.

But, he did provide me w/ the receipts & other files, early on. I asked him for them, because I have a problem w/ someone making he said/she said accusations & especially doxxing someone, posting their personal info.

Even though he shared them w/ me, I am not at liberty to share them publicly, as it's not my story to perpetuate, or get involved w/.

If you look at posts #27 & #66, you'll see that, at point #27, I was not wanting there to be any doxxing, by #66, he had provided me w/ evidence, which I felt/feel was ample to let it continue.

This scenario is not new.

My brother sent a collectible to some guy in UK. Ended up, the guy claimed he never got it & they billed my brother for the rare item. So, my brother got ripped off from the guy. The guy got the item & the item is irreplaceable, on my brother's end.

At the time, the USPS were enacting some nonsense about not letting you track your own shipments out of country. When they handed it over to Royal Post, it was untraceable, on our end. Previous to that, we could always trace it through Royal.

Ebay totally sided w/ the other guy & let him leave a scathing feedback against my brother, even though he got such a great item for free. I had to fight to get that feedback removed.

They refunded the guy, so he did not buy anything. Since he claimed to not get anything, where's there any evidence of a transaction? No money for no goods?

Yeah, but he got the goods...

I don't remember what the item was, but, my brother deals a lot in WWII stuff. It was probably something British, in pristine condition, that was recovered somewhere in EU (Germany/France)

I'm sure there's others on here that also have similar stories about ebay/paypal screwing them over...
Right on bro.

Crikey

Reaction score

Your right, help solve the puzzle get in comms with the thief for his side then report bak.
a healthy dose of skeptcism is good but overlooking solid info is avoiding whats called evidence. Ebay just wants to cover their ass. They aren't as squared as you would think.

Last edited:

KraftyBob

Reaction score
Hi. This use my first post.
Just a heads up; an FYI

Because of Covid-19, delivery drivers are signing "signature required" deliveries with "COVID" without ever contacting you or verifying they are delivering to the correct address. Just "COVID" and poof they are gone.

I had a 2525h and 2x12 cab delivered from Sweetwater a few weeks ago. FedEx signed with COVID, never rang doorbell, just dropped off the heavy ass boxes and ran off. Roughly a $2300 purchase left outside, without my sig or any notification. FedEx has done this with numerous packages. Postal Service and UPS do this as well.
That's a little different than my experience. I get meds delivered every month that require a signature. A while back they stopped asking for it and when I asked about that he said when a signature is required all they need to do now is physically hand it to someone. They still ring my doorbell and if I'm not home they won't leave the package.

NotSure

Reaction score
Contact the cartel.
Unfortunately these days it appears that Ebay IS is cartel (at least when it comes to selling goods online). I don't understand their "policies", but they always seem to take the wrong sides on things, and are pretty much a safe haven for anybody who wants to rip people off. Especially if you list your item as being in Japan, you can do whatever you want: browser manipulation, price gouging, multiple user accounts listing the same item to artificially inflate prices, pretending items got "lost in the mail", selling fake listings at huge amounts to make an item seem more valuable...the list goes on and on.
IMHO, if you're going to sell any kind of music gear, Reverb.com is the way to go. Hey, they were smart enough to hire Andy Martin to do a lot of their demos. That makes them alright in my book.

Salty Rose

Reaction score
The way eBay is set up, the buyer has all the advantages, if they are inclined to pull a scam.

For example, a seller who doesn’t offer returns, might think they don’t need to read eBays return policy’s (big mistake!) Because there are buyers who know exactly how eBay responds to disputes, and are experts at scamming the seller. One of eBay’s resolution protocols is to let a buyer keep an item and then return the buyers money. I know that’s not exactly what happened here, but it’s a variation on a theme. Reading all eBays protection policies for both buying and selling is an eye opener!

Thanks for posting OP!:) I’ll put Nathan on my “blocked bidders” list. Sorry you had to cross paths with this scumbag.

Lespaul48

Reaction score
Sorry for your loss friend but...you are a better man then me. Cause I would went to Fleminton Kentucky and introduced myself personally. I would have flew, drove, hell even walked if need be. I cant guaranty much but one thing I can is...I would have returned back to the great state of Pennsylvania with either the amp or $1650. That is guarantied.

Jethro Rocker

Reaction score
Hi. This use my first post.
Just a heads up; an FYI

Because of Covid-19, delivery drivers are signing "signature required" deliveries with "COVID" without ever contacting you or verifying they are delivering to the correct address. Just "COVID" and poof they are gone.

I had a 2525h and 2x12 cab delivered from Sweetwater a few weeks ago. FedEx signed with COVID, never rang doorbell, just dropped off the heavy ass boxes and ran off. Roughly a $2300 purchase left outside, without my sig or any notification. FedEx has done this with numerous packages. Postal Service and UPS do this as well.
Ok. Now that you have posted, let's see some pics of that bad boy!

Last edited:

Jefff

Reaction score
Ebay totally sided w/ the other guy & let him leave a scathing feedback against my brother, even though he got such a great item for free. I had to fight to get that feedback removed
I had an even worse experience recently with eBay.

I sell my cinematography equipment after it gets older and I replace it with newer equipment, so I listed an item for $1850... I sold the item on facebook, but didn't remove the listing from eBay and it sold. I contacted the seller and told them that I already sold the item and canceled it.

where it gets strange is that eBay now doesn't use Paypal and handles all the payments itself, so I had to give eBay my back account information just to allow me to cancel the transaction and get the person back their money. Keep in mind I never was given any money, it was being held by eBay the entire time.

so weeks go by and the buyer lodges a complaint against me, saying he never received the item. I contact eBay and they tell the only way to return the funds is for me to attach my bank account, I feel sorry for the buyer and also sort trust eBay and still want to sell items with them in the future, so I do it.

here's the crazy part: a few days later eBay takes the return amount out of my bank account, charging me the $1850... I catch the error and call them and explain that they never gave me the funds and shouldn't have taken the funds out of my bank account. The lady over and over again, says, "no we have returned the funds", even that I am asking, why did you take the funds in the first place, she, like an NPC just continues the statement, "no you have the fund in your account".

So I log on to my eBay account to see if I can get more information about the process and see eBay has tried to return the money while I was talking to them on the phone! They tried to say they didn't take the money and at the same time tried to return the funds, but my bank wouldn't allow them to do it. So I confront the lady on the phone about it and she denies it and says, "no we never took that money"

I hang up the phone and call back.

I talk to another person who can see all the transaction and confirms what I am telling them, they transfer me to multiple people within eBay customer service and finally get to one guy that explains, "there's nothing I can do about this". I say, "you're eBay why can't you? and why are you trying to return the funds minus like $30", he just replies, "There's nothing I can do, I will call you back later"

Long story short, I contacted my bank and had them reverse the payment. eBay send multiple messages telling me to enter some information concerning my identity, which I assume is why they couldn't put the money back in my bank account and that will cancel my account and I can't sell anymore.

eBay now handles all its own financial transactions and they will take funds from your bank account. Watch out.

Last edited:

tce63

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had an even worse experience recently with eBay.

I sell my cinematography equipment after it gets older and I replace it with newer equipment, so I listed an item for $1850... I sold the item on facebook, but didn't remove the listing from eBay and it sold. I contacted the seller and told them that I already sold the item and canceled it.

where it gets strange is that eBay now doesn't use Paypal and handles all the payments itself, so I had to give eBay my back account information just to allow me to cancel the transaction and get the person back their money. Keep in mind I never was given any money, it was being held by eBay the entire time.

so weeks go by and the buyer lodges a complaint against me, saying he never received the item. I contact eBay and they tell the only way to return the fund is for me to attach my bank account, I feel sorry for the buyer and also sort trust eBay and still want to sell items with them in the future, so I do it.

here's the crazy part: a few days later eBay takes the return amount out of my bank account, charging me the $1850... I catch the error and call them and explain that they never gave me the funds and shouldn't have taken the funds out of my bank account. The lady over and over again, says, "no we have returned the funds", even that I am asking, why did you take the funds in eh first place, she, like an NPC just continues the statement, no you have the fund in your account.

So I log on to my eBay account to see if I can get more information about the process and see eBay has tried to return the money while I was talking to them on the phone! They tried to say they didn't take the money and at the same time tried to return the funds, but I bank wouldn't allow them to do it. So I confront the lady on the phone about it and she denies it and says, "no we never took that money"

I hang up the phone and call back.

I talk to another person who can see all the transaction and confirms what I am telling them, they transfer me to multiple people within eBay customer service and finiall get to one guy that explains, "there's nothing I can do about this". I say, "you're eBay why can't you? and why are you trying to return the funds minus like $30", he just replies, "There's nothing I can do, I will call you back later"

Long story short, I contacted my bank and had them reverse the payment. eBay send multiple messages telling me to enter some information concerning my identity, which I assume is why they couldn't put the money back in my bank account and that will cancel my account and I can't sell anymore.

eBay now handles all its own financial transactions and they will take funds from your bank account. Watch out.

That is a crazy story.

But :welcome: to the forum, a great place.

Cheers :cheers:

Kelia

Reaction score
that slash amp was the last thing I ever sold or will ever sell on ebay.....I no longer use paypal either. I will say it has completely stopped the gear merry go round syndrome we all suffer from!
On your sig page , it says AFD and 2555SL X 2 , does it mean that it's now X 1 ? :(

lespaul6

Reaction score
No... I actually have two lol. I have a problem. I had a period where I was buying slash amps to try and get two that were clean, sounded good, etc. So, there were two that I got back in 2019 and they were just not as clean as I wanted them to be, they sounded good, but the condition when I got it in person bugged me a bit. So I sold those two, one to weddington and one to vegas choppers... I also sold a jcm 800 then as well. I got two more slash amps not long thereafter... all good condition and great soundwise. I stopped there. I picked up the AFD from guitar center a year and half ago. I'm done in the amp dept now.

Kelia

Reaction score
No... I actually have two lol. I have a problem. I had a period where I was buying slash amps to try and get two that were clean, sounded good, etc. So, there were two that I got back in 2019 and they were just not as clean as I wanted them to be, they sounded good, but the condition when I got it in person bugged me a bit. So I sold those two, one to weddington and one to vegas choppers... I also sold a jcm 800 then as well. I got two more slash amps not long thereafter... all good condition and great soundwise. I stopped there. I picked up the AFD from guitar center a year and half ago. I'm done in the amp dept now.
Great ! glad to see that the X 2 will stay ! :cheers: