• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Stop Press: NAD! Cornford MK50!!!!!!!!

• Thread starter j2112c
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

j2112c

Reaction score
CornfordOrange4-1.jpg

This is great, what a great covering.
1] Where did you get the tolex? In the UK?

2] How did you get the black lines running around the cab? Neat work... I know orange cabs have those lines, so you preserved them?

3] How long did it take you to recover the cab and amp head?

4] The Mongotone cab is lovely wood... what wood is it? Who are they? How much for a cab enclosure?... and what does it sound like with that wood?

... and that arse is spectacular! .. it is...H-Y-P-N-O-T-I-C.......-------===.....==......!

Luvverly Joobly

Reaction score
CornfordOrange4-1.jpg

This is great, what a great covering.
1] Where did you get the tolex? In the UK?

Yep. Solsound... he sells on Ebay and it's genuine Marshall cream/ off white levant. My inspiration was the pic of the white 60's half stack on the front of the Marshall book.

2] How did you get the black lines running around the cab? Neat work... I know orange cabs have those lines, so you preserved them?

It is an old Orange cab and I managed to save the original gold stringing. 3] How long did it take you to recover the cab and amp head?

The cab was a pain because I had to go around in one piece about 4 mts... and I really struggled and wrestled on my own. I think it took about 3 hours for the cab and an hour and a half for the head box. The time consuming part was stripping the cab and prep work.... about 12 hours I think! This is what it was like when I got it
Orange1.jpg

Orange3.jpg

Orange4.jpg

4] The Mongotone cab is lovely wood... what wood is it? Who are they? How much for a cab enclosure?... and what does it sound like with that wood?

Awesome cabs built in Scotland by an American guy called Marc. It was ribbon figured Mahogany and sounded huge for a 4 x 10. Very sweet sounding but full. I sold it along with many other items when the banks screwed us over. That one was the actual cab reviewed in Guitarist several years ago and cost around £700 at the time.... and that arse is spectacular! .. it is...H-Y-P-N-O-T-I-C.......-------===.....==......!

'Tis indeed..........

j2112c

Reaction score
Huge sounding Mahogany...

They say the pine makes a big difference to the Cornford cabs tone... the Mahogany had an effect then?
What speakers were in it?

Luvverly Joobly

Reaction score
I like this pic
DSC00545.jpg

It was a warmer sound and loaded with 60 watt V10's. I think real wood cabs have more presence and clarity.

midgo

Reaction score
Wow Johnno!
Congrats my man, these amps sound killer.
I knew Kotzen played em, but not much else about them.
Great just what I need, another bit of kit for the wish list!:lol::lol::lol:

j2112c

Reaction score
Wow Johnno!
Congrats my man, these amps sound killer.
I knew Kotzen played em, but not much else about them.
Great just what I need, another bit of kit for the wish list!:lol::lol::lol:

Cheers Mike, Get that AC30 and we can Skype Tone!

I have be wanting a bigger Cornford for a log time and I now must always sell gear to buy gear - no more out of my daily money... so.. the 2061x is toast... (or is it?):lol::lol::fingersx:

Sabbadius USA

Reaction score
I know this is a very old thread, but I wanted to post an original that I recoded using a Cornford MK50H II and a Marshall 50 watt that I did some mods on.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbBWN-pAhvE]Nostradamus (Cornford MK50H II / Roland VG-8EX) - YouTube[/ame]