Strat middle rail humbucker?

• Thread starter Crunchifyable
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Crunchifyable

Reaction score
Wayne Kramer of the MC5 put a full size Gibson HB in his red, white and blue Strat. A great option is Bill & Becky Lawrence Wilde L45-S. Great pick up at a reasonable price. I have a SAtrat with three of 'em and it's really nice.

Thats' cool, I didn't know they were still around making pickups.

I have the Dave Murry strat. It sounds great. But, with all 3 humbuckers on this strat, it sounds great but does not come close to any Les Paul sound.

I have a couple Les Pauls and a Tele even, so it's not about being exact but being usable. Or at least more usable than the stock single middle coil, which I guess may just be too low output to do any good.

Crunchifyable

Reaction score
I kinda went a different route...I removed the stock humbucker and replaced it with a single / humbucker pickup. So using the five way switch I wired in the new "single coil" in place of the old "middle single coil". So I can get the traditional "strat" tone of the bridge or neck, or a very hot bridge humbucker for heavier stuff. Or bridge and neck single coils together like a Tele.

Something called a "Stratobucker." Not sure who created the concept.

IMG_20230103_125255230.jpg