Studio Series Getting New Look

• Thread starter Biff Maloy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Solid State

Reaction score
I'm probably getting the Navy Blue Studio Classic to pair with my SC20. The Stealth Black looks fantastic but I think the players that appeals to aren't spending the kind of money a Studio costs.

MonstersOfTheMidway

Reaction score
I think the new colors/covering for the studio amps will sell, but not quite as many units as some people hope. The all black "stealth" studio classic looks challenging on a dark stage; studio classic "snakeskin" kinda looks rusy/dirty, as if they "reliced" it the way they do with some strats and les pauls; navy blue SC and the white SC looks interesting but not sure. But I'm willing to be wrong: perhaps they look better in person than in photographs.

Silver Jubilee reissue in black tolex is interesting. Again, not sure if it will sell like the proverbial "hot cakes" but maybe more units will sell of this than these new cover/color Studio series.

If nothing big turns up, I think I'll only get a new footswitch for my JVM.

Last edited:

LCW

Reaction score
I'm probably getting the Navy Blue Studio Classic to pair with my SC20. The Stealth Black looks fantastic but I think the players that appeals to aren't spending the kind of money a Studio costs.

I have a current SC20 and damn I’d love to have that stealth black one... Might even decide another lol.

Solid State

Reaction score
I have a current SC20 and damn I’d love to have that stealth black one... Might even decide another lol.

It's super mean looking. They did the 112 cab in the same color. i wonder if the 212 is going to be available.

Gene Ballzz

Reaction score
I can't believe that they gave the color option but did not bother to give a 12 inch speaker option on the Studio Combos! Now THAT would have been worth the extra $100 much more than the color. Notice also that SweetWater has messed up on several of the combos, showing the SV as SC and vice/versa!

Oh Well,
Gene

Sustainium

Reaction score
Just change knobs to black, spray Marshall logo black, black sharpie piping and have custom faceplate made for your existing SC20.
DIY SC20 Stealth Kit.

Last edited:

Biff Maloy

Reaction score
I like the white. Blue 2nd. And the old style logos.

I just wish they'd do away with the corner protectors. I don't like them on any cabinet. It looks as gaudy as folks that put a bra across the front of their car. Yeah, it's protected but you have a dumb looking thing strapped on the front of your car.

nkay

Reaction score
Anyone heard any more about when these are coming? In Canada, they are saying Fall.
I want to order the SC20 in stealth black, but it's $300 more than the regular one. SC20 is $1499 in Canada, and $1799 for the SC20 stealth version.
In the US, Sweetwater was selling the SC20 for $1299, and the SC20 stealth was only $100 more at $1399.

I know we get better deals on Marshall's in Canada because of our relationship with the UK and get low or no import duties when it gets here via our distributers. So I don't know what happened here.

It costs the same as the EVH 50 watt stealth.