SV20H settings?

Guitarjon

Reaction score
Hey everybody,

I've had my SV20H for a while now. It was my first ever 'Plexi-style' amp so it took me a while to figure out how to dial it in to sound really good. I think I got it down now so I made a little video with the amp and my classic sounding PRS SC-58. I show the settings in the video as well:

However, I would love to hear more about your favorite settings for a good classic rock crunch. I feel like there still is a lot to learn for me so any tips are more than welcome! Cheers

ichocobo

Reaction score
6-6-6-6-10-10 treble high input. An eq in the loop for taming the power amp section and unleash full power by turning it off when soloing. JB on bridge. Many times I turn on the ts9 and lower guitar's volume for chunkier palm mutes.

Nice channel BTW, you make me pull the trigger on the SV!

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey everybody,

I've had my SV20H for a while now. It was my first ever 'Plexi-style' amp so it took me a while to figure out how to dial it in to sound really good. I think I got it down now so I made a little video with the amp and my classic sounding PRS SC-58. I show the settings in the video as well:

However, I would love to hear more about your favorite settings for a good classic rock crunch. I feel like there still is a lot to learn for me so any tips are more than welcome! Cheers

Sounds great brother

purpleplexi

Reaction score
I like the bright channel flat out. Dull channel on around 6. Jumped. EQ about halfway with the bass knocked back a bit. Pedal for leads - usually flat out with not much gain. Les Paul. Little black box in the loop so the windows don't blow out. Beer and some pizza - lock the doors and I'm happy for hours.

BlueX

Reaction score
My settings today (see picture). I change often.
When I can play loud: Guitar directly into amp
Moderate volume: JRAD Archer as mild boost, or Boss BD-2 with some gain are my current favourites
I often switch pup's between rythm and lead. There is a Boss RV-6 in the loop.

SV20H settings.JPG

Last edited:

Andy79

Reaction score
3,5,5,4 for the EQ - Les Paul Custom
Channels jumpered, 20w
Favourite Volume settings -
2 , 2 (fat cleans)
3, 3 (bluesy , edge of breakup)
6 , 4 (AC/DC or Darkness type crunch)
For me, going beyond 7 on the volume sounds a bit mushy/fuzz like.

Lothar

Reaction score
I usually set my SV20H like this:
Presence 1
Bass 3
Middle 3
Treble 3
Volume (High Treble) 6
Volume (Normal) 0
And get very convincing AC/DC tones with an SG.
same for me with a SG Standard and the SoloDallas Schaffer Replica Storm and 2x12 with Celestion Vintage 30

Tincup

Reaction score
7, 4,5,8, 7, 4 high input jumped to high normal. I find speaker cab/speaker choice will change these settings quite a bit, but that’s where I’m at with my 1965.

Tonneback

Reaction score
7, 4,5,8, 7, 4 high input jumped to high normal. I find speaker cab/speaker choice will change these settings quite a bit, but that’s where I’m at with my 1965.
Thanks. I'm curiosus what settings others like so I can try them out.

Tincup

Reaction score
Thanks. I'm curiosus what settings others like so I can try them out.
I’ve been playing a tele or p90 lp, rolling the volume back in the neck for cleans, full volume on bridge for rawk. Just adding the rest of the equation.

tallcoolone

Reaction score
Everything at noon except treble, presence and volume up to 7 aka 2:00/2:30. High treble input only, no jump.

gusman2x

Reaction score
Hi, first time Marshall owner, and first time poster.

Got my SV20 last week, and running it with a strat mainly, and a burega ps1.

Getting great break up tones, but if I try a silicone FF, it’s just pure mush. Tried quite a few combinations, but for breakup I’m running

Eq - 6, 2, 7, 5
Vol - 3, 9
Hi Treb input.
Attenuator at about 10

I find without pushing the normal channel everything is too trebley.

Has anyone cracked the code for attenuated + strat + fuzz face?

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
you have to turn the volume up & use the attenuator to control volume...

Interestingly, the treble at low volumes is ear piercing, but, when you turn the channel up, the bright cap kicks in & it smooths out, so you don't get all that ear piercing treble...

speyfly

Reaction score
Hey, nice looking ride and welcome to the asylum...

The SV likes to have you hit the front but not much. Imo it doesn't need any additional color so I would use your SD-1 as a boost with little to no gain. Add in your effects into the loop but you want to run your fuzzface and other gain pedals in the front.

I jumper mine and run channel 1 and 2 at around 4 most of the time and use your PS-1 to reduce the volume. Should get a very nice compressed tone at breakup if you juice the front a bit.