Talk about our favorite bands that rocked or still rock with Marshall Stacks

• Thread starter Franktastic
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Odin69

Reaction score
You will also have to go see the Jimi exhibit at the EMP Museum !! One of the Woodstock Marshall stacks is there !!!!

That's a pretty cool museum. I went there around 4-5 years ago. I'll have to go back next time I go to Seattle. I had the wife and kids with me when I went last time. They weren't really interested in it so, I kind of rushed through it. I'll have to leave them at the hotel or, let them do their own thing next time?

rensklaassen

Reaction score
Two friends of mine are at The Cult live right now in The Netherlands.. They sent me some pictures and it seems the guitarist still uses a JMP2203 from the early seventy's (with the old style Mains and standby switches), the other guitarist uses a JCM800 2203/2204 (or 2210/2205, picture is from too far away, I can't tell for sure). Another proof there's nothing but MARSHALL!!!!

Floyd Rose

Reaction score
The Mighty Van Halen!!!!

166y7px_zps91789da0.jpg~original

Last edited:

ibmorjamn

Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGLdlOrAXVE]Bruce Dickinson-12.Laughing In The Hiding Bush(Sao Paulo 1997) - YouTube[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sY0D8EPfRZw[/ame]

Lo-Tek

Reaction score
j mascis. 3 plexi fullstacks at all times. nothing cooler.

last time I saw him there was a Hiwatt on stage too...but yeah, j is great!
and we still get to see him at general admission clubs. here's hoping he stays obscure:lol:.

Franktastic

Reaction score
How about this guy?

Jimi is the reason we have heavy metal and Marshall Amp domination. He was the ambassador and pioneer for Marshall. Thank God the dude from the Animals discovered Jimi and brought him to England. Of course you all know this. My favorite metal band is Judas Priest. British Steel is amazing! I love every album prior to Turbo. Pain Killer was a speed metal masterpiece.

Franktastic

Reaction score
The Mighty Van Halen!!!!

166y7px_zps91789da0.jpg~original

Eddie is one of the masters for sure. What equipment is he actually using on stage now? It bothers me that he is not including Michael Anthony on tour also because Michael Anthony's bass and vocals are as much a reason for the bands commercial success as any other member other than Eddie

Franktastic

Reaction score
Eric Clapton has retired to Fender amps but he was instrumental heh heh in championing the Marshall.

Floyd Rose

Reaction score
Eddie is one of the masters for sure. What equipment is he actually using on stage now? It bothers me that he is not including Michael Anthony on tour also because Michael Anthony's bass and vocals are as much a reason for the bands commercial success as any other member other than Eddie

His setup is actually pretty simple. He's uses his 5150 III for a preamp with a couple stomp boxes and some Roland delays into his H&H Power Amps.

3813694446_bcb1d1746c_o.jpg~original

EVHPedals-2.jpg~original

EVHPedals-3.jpg~original

Franktastic

Reaction score
Here's one I took of Satch on his last tour, tried to get one with the amps in. Wasn't sure if the OP meant pics we've taken, I'll do mine that way!

P1010826.jpg

His setup is actually pretty simple. He's uses his 5150 III for a preamp with a couple stomp boxes and some Roland delays into his H&H Power Amps.

3813694446_bcb1d1746c_o.jpg~original

EVHPedals-2.jpg~original

EVHPedals-3.jpg~original

Thanks Floyd Rose! Thought you or someone else would know.

Zagnut

Reaction score
Rock Anthems from my youth. Still great, still Marshall!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LhHkhVSWvY]Peter Frampton - I Don't Need No Doctor - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5epG6AJv7U]Robin Trower Day of the Eagle (live) - YouTube[/ame]

Franktastic

Reaction score
That's actually a fantastic picture with 3 stacks in the distance.

Hendrix naturally, was one of the ultimate Marshall users. Read an article, in Guitar Player, back in the late 80s. Jim Marshall was saying how Hendrix came in one day looking for some amps, and just wanted to buy them as is, and pay for them himself, he was amazed at this, because he was used to all the big players at the time coming in and wanting all kinds of special mods and wanting the amps for free... He gave Jimi the amps for free...

Great comment Force. Love Hendrix stories.

Latest posts