That feeling

• Thread starter Marshallmaniac
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Marshallmaniac

Reaction score
That magic moment when you're loading up your inbox and see that bold unread email just waiting for you. There's nothing like it, I just HAVE to click on it as soon as I can, what did they say!!?? :D I love getting emails, what about you?

Jack92CH

Reaction score
I fuckin' hate emails. Usually something from my school telling me I have to pay them for something.

crossroadsnyc

Senior Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Ok, texts I can't stand ... I really hate text messaging w/people. Instant messaging I can take, but texts suck for me.

tubes

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm exactly the opposite MM.

99% of my work is getting emails from customers and suppliers and having to answer them.

The first time I look at my email client every day I'm thinking 'I hope there are no new messages, please let there be no more enquiries...'

12barjunkie

Reaction score
Usually I can't wait to check my e-mail. Recently, though it's all bad news because my mom AND sister are both in the hospital

GIBSON67

Reaction score
I am with you, tubes...screw emails, I have to answer too many already.

I text very, very little but sometimes it is the only way my sons will respond, immediately. I think they see that they missed my call and get too busy texting and forget to call me back.

lucidspoon

Reaction score
Says it all:

mail-vs-email.jpg

Frankie

Reaction score
Pretty sure I have like 36 emails in my inbox right now that I don't care about. Smart phones have kinda taken the fun out of getting an email. I get instant notification just like a text message, so the magic is gone.

lucidspoon

Reaction score
Plus, 90% of them are just about vacation packages and making your p3n0rz bigger. After opening too many of them, now I'm just too relaxed, and my p3n0rz is just too big.

Lowlife

Reaction score
I love getting mails from SOME people...but I also have a gazillion unread mails from people I don't care about

tubes

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website-related email account #1: 2260 unread emails.

Website-related email account #2: 2699 unread emails.

These sites are not my main business, just my experiments.
But they do have blogs (but very inactive).

Most of them emails are from Wordpress saying 'please moderate'.
And most of what needs moderating is not real comment, but trackbacks.

And most trackbacks are silly - somebody who sells shoes is wanting some link love from a site about a completely different topic.

Maybe I should just pay somebody to moderate all the silly trackbacks.

Frankie

Reaction score
You know what should get you guys excited? Seeing that icon on your phone that you got a picture message from some broad. Nudes are the best!

lucidspoon

Reaction score
I had to change the settings on my phone so that text messages don't just pop up automatically for that reason. I leave my phone out on my desk and at meetings... :naughty:

Frankie

Reaction score
Yeah, my privacy settings are solidly set high too. My girlfriend just loves the camera in that iPhone I got her.

poeman33

Reaction score
Me too. I'm just waiting for all that money to be put into my account from the daughter of a Nigerian prince that emailed me. I'm sure I gave her my right bank account number...I wonder what's taking so long?