The Bernie Marsden Collection UK auction.

• Thread starter NumbSkull
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

NumbSkull

Reaction score
According to this 2618 has Super 80's
the other two probably have Super 70's.

Thats good because it will be fun to compare them.

VicRattlehead

Reaction score
@NumbSkull , would be interesting to know, i bought a Super 70 and 80 but i never got round to fitting the Super 80 to any of my guitars. Looking closer im also wondering what neck pickup is in that 2617 with a double cream bobbin... Might just be the OEM pickup without the gold cover but hard to say.

Hope they work out well for you. 👍

NumbSkull

Reaction score
Some interesting lots,

coffeecupman

Reaction score
I got the baritone partscaster tele for £380 all in.

Solid mahogany body (2pc, but very good matching) with binding on front and back edges, and a Warmoth neck.

If I'm lucky there won't be a neck pup rout, and I'll have a cool mahogany baritone esquire, or swap the neck for a cool tele partscaster.

I couldn't stay focused to be in the right place to bid on about 6 auctions that I wanted to, including those CTS pots. Got distracted out of bidding for most of what I was watching, dammit.

NumbSkull

Reaction score
I got the baritone partscaster tele for £380 all in.

Solid mahogany body (2pc, but very good matching) with binding on front and back edges, and a Warmoth neck.

If I'm lucky there won't be a neck pup rout, and I'll have a cool mahogany baritone esquire, or swap the neck for a cool tele partscaster.

I couldn't stay focused to be in the right place to bid on about 6 auctions that I wanted to, including those CTS pots. Got distracted out of bidding for most of what I was watching, dammit.
The CTS pots went for way over estimate, but they havent updated the results yet which is odd because the other lots have been updated with the hammer price.

The partscasters are great value, I bought a couple in the last auction and they are both great guitars.
I also like them because they are original and different, I am not like everyone else and I dont want a guitar like every wannabee has.

coffeecupman

Reaction score
I had one of those Scruggs "Les Pauls" in the 00s. Very pretty instruments.