• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

The Marshall Code 25 and the Gateway software

• Thread starter 357mag
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

357mag

Reaction score
Thinking about buying a Marshall Code 25. I was wondering if the Gateway Editor is only available to be installed on a cell phone. I don't own a cell phone. Can the Gateway software be installed on a computer?

fitz

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thinking about buying a Marshall Code 25. I was wondering if the Gateway Editor is only available to be installed on a cell phone. I don't own a cell phone. Can the Gateway software be installed on a computer?
Mobile only, no PC version.

"Gateway is available for iOS or Android devices and enables you to remotely view and control your CODE amplifier via Bluetooth®."

PelliX

Reaction score
Depends, there are ways to run Android apps on PC platform. Shashlik might well be able to run it. You could also give a shot by installing Android for x86 in a virtual machine. Not exactly user friendly to set up, but it might work. I don't have a CODE to try this with, but I've had some success running other things that way.

fitz

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's also this thing...
It lets you edit CODE patches (presets) on a PC through the USB.
You could also just use the live editor function as an interface.

357mag

Reaction score
With me also what is extremely important is how the amp sounds using headphones. I live in an apartment and I don't want to annoy the people in the building. So I wonder how the headphone jack sounds.

fitz

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
With me also what is extremely important is how the amp sounds using headphones. I live in an apartment and I don't want to annoy the people in the building. So I wonder how the headphone jack sounds.
Decent headphones will probably sound better than the $#!+ stock speaker...