• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

The Next In Line.

• Thread starter HOT TUBES 70
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I don't care much for that dude...

I think it was funny though when he was whining in "Some Kind Of Monster" about how he missed his little danish friend ( Lars Ulrich).. lol

BeëlzeM

Reaction score
He has always been one of the most influental guitarists in thrash metal for sure. He is an extremely good rhythm player. I always kinda idolized his playing skills.

steelhorse

Reaction score
I like Dave's sig livewire pickups. Nice sounding actives and great looking too I have a pair in one of my custom shop washburns but as an artist I'm not into his style at all.

Kendall124

Reaction score
Hey wait a minute. Isnt Dave endorsing Line 6? And, for what it's worth, I'm not a big fan of his vocal style. I do however, think his chops are pretty wicked. And besides... He's selling record$$$$$$

Reaction score
I think they are starting to hand them out a bit to freely...
I'm wondering why Pete Townshend haven't got one? He played Marshall right? amongst other amps maybe, but anyway...

HOT TUBES 70

Reaction score
But he left the marshall camp early on , hiwatt got his business ..!
and now he's playing fenders.
he would not be one of my picks , again i totally respect pete and his music history.

Chadman

Reaction score
Dave has played Marshall's his whole career, that's why.:headbanger: Metallica when to Mesa, I'll bet if James and kirk played Marshall's there whole career there would be a Metallica sig as well, lots of $$$ there, getting in with Megadeth might be the closest way to tap that market...

psphill27

Reaction score
Yeah...I'm still waiting for the Jimmy Page signature Marshall. He's pretty much my top influence of all time. I like Dave Mustane and think he's an extremely talented musician. Then again, I could argue some other signature marshalls that have hit the streets, but I like the musicians too much to make it sound like I'm bagging on them.

Many other dudes out there that you would think would get the nod before Dave. As for the earlier comment on him endorsing Line 6...not sure about that. I saw a recent Guitar Player magazine advertisement of Dave with his Marshall amp.

601 Blues

Reaction score
Iam personally turned off to any product that is boastin a signature model!! I won't even consider it!! Its Bull shit and shows the the lack of smarts on the buyers part to buy a piece of crap just because Robin Ford sez it good!!
WTF???? If I find a product does what I want and Iam happy with it Then I get it!!screw what people think they don't wear my pants And I sure as hell don't wanna wear theirs!! I love the Lucille Model Gibson, and Have asked Gibson to make me one that does not say Lucille on the Head stock,Just Gibson!!They refused so I won't play or buy one ,That name is too personal to BB, And I don't wanna sound Like BB, I love his Stuff but Iam 601, I play Marshalls... every where,People hand me Bull shit all the time about my Marshalls, oh Blues men don't use marshalls, you should have this or that like every body else!!SCREW EM,one day they will pay money to hear my MARSHALLS!! hahahaha!

BeëlzeM

Reaction score
Hehe. I can imagine why Gibson doesn't want that. They just don't want all kinds of mutated BB Lucille's everywhere. And normally I don't dig signatures as well. But some signature instruments or whatever are pretty good and I like em. As long as their name isn't all over the place or something too obvious cosmetically I might really like it. Take the Jackon KV1, that was one incredible guitar, though it was a Dave Mustaine signature. Or the Peavey 5150, I have always loved the tone from that beast.

steelhorse

Reaction score
I have one signature model instrument, a Nick Cantanese Evil Twin commissioned by Boogie Street Guitars. It's a high gloss indigo flame but you can barely make out the evil twin logo which is what was one of the draws to this guitar for me. It has a thick carve, oiled maple neck, ebony fretboard etc.

Great guitar.

I'd have a Zakk head if I could justify it because it has so much balls but since I can't justify as to where I'd play such a thing I don't.

Here's the model signature guitar I have. Mine is #4 of 13:

Boogie Street Guitars -- View topic - WASHBURN/BSG NICK CATANESE USA EVIL TWIN 'INDIGO' IDOLS

psphill27

Reaction score
That's a sweet guitar Steelhorse. Haven't played a Washburn since the '80s, but it looks like they're making some nice instruments these days. Weren't that great back then. I've also seen that they're fetching prices right up there with an LP...didn't know they costed that much.

I kinda agree with Blues up there...I'm not much on signature stuff either. Always felt like I was trying to copy someone else's sound. One of my best buddies has the Ace Frehley (probably spelled that wrong) signature LP. It's a really nice guitar, but has his face in the headstock. Guess it makes a great collectible, but I wouldn't hop on stage with it. Then again...he has around 37 guitars, so he's probably not concerned.

He's what I would call a minor enthusiast....