The Official Marshall Origin 50 Thread

• Thread starter MarshallDog
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup...you are correct! I just dropped it off so we will see. Its under warranty!

The DSL 40C is still there. Marshall is sending him a new switching chip which is what went bad...ugh!
Well looks as though you will get both of them back in due time, and running on all eight!:cheers:

Dan Zinca

Reaction score
And do you like it ? mine sounds better and better everytime i use it :)
Yes, i like it. I'll see in the future after the speaker broke in. Today I held it for an hour at the tone generator, on a frequency of 18 Hz and at a high volume. Clearly there is an improvement over the stock speaker.
Still, it's too loud for my apartment. But with the pedals already sounds very good

Last edited:

tce63

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, i like it. I'll see in the future after the speaker broke in. Today I held it for an hour at the tone generator, on a frequency of 18 Hz and at a high volume. Clearly there is an improvement over the stock speaker.
Still, it's too loud for my apartment. But with the pedals already sounds very good

Try a boost in the FX-loop, i do that on mine with a TC-E spark boost, and you can get a great sound at low volume

MarshallDog

Reaction score
My Origin 50C Update 1:

My tech got into her and found its not the tubes, trannys or anything else. Its the connector that goes from the main board to the eq board. Hes now determing if he can fix the cable or needs a new one. Hes also checking everything else over and going to replace the speaker ouyputs so two 8 ohm cabs cabs can be used if ever needed.

Last edited:

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score
My Origin 50C Update 1:

My tech got into her and found its not the tubes, trannys or anything else. Its the connector that goes from the main board to the eq board. Hes now determing if he can fix the cable or needs a new one. Hes also checking everything else over and going to replace the speaker ouyputs so two 8 ohm cabs cabs can be used if ever needed.
That is excellent news MD, you are going to have to give me a bit more info on the, (speaker outs for a pair of 8ohm taps) so it would be 4ohm?

MarshallDog

Reaction score
That is excellent news MD, you are going to have to give me a bit more info on the, (speaker outs for a pair of 8ohm taps) so it would be 4ohm?

I was told on the first versions of these amps if you try to plug in two 8 ohm cabs one in each of the 8 ohm speaker jacks only one will work...something like that. Marshall knows about it and has a fix and will cover it under warranty. Ill let you know more when I get more info.

Last edited:

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score
I was told on the first. Ersions of these amps if you try to plug in two 8 ohm cabs one in each of the 8 ohm speaker jacks only one will work...something like that. Marshall knows about it and has a fix and will cover it under warranty. Ill let you know more when I get more info.
Ok cool brother, all of my cabs are 8 ohms (mg) cabs, until I put better speakers in them, and I can’t run a pair of them, because of the no 4ohm taps! Please keep me posted on the update!

MarshallDog

Reaction score
Ok cool brother, all of my cabs are 8 ohms (mg) cabs, until I put better speakers in them, and I can’t run a pair of them, because of the no 4ohm taps! Please keep me posted on the update!

Just so I understand, to use the two 8 ohm jacks at the same time, you would need two 16 ohm cabs correct? These two jacks are in parrallel correct?

MarshallDog

Reaction score
My Origin 50C Update 2:

My baby is back home and sounding perfect. He made a simple adjustment to the connector and reversed ends (flip flopped it) and it made a nice tight connection with no more noise...amazing. He tested all the tubes - fine, checked out the pots - fine, checked out the board - fine and played it loud for a while - fine. He ordered the new output board and when it comes in he will send it to me and I will install it. For now he removed two 30 ohm resistors and added a jumper so the speaker jacks will operate as they should. He said Marshall made a big ass design goof here.

Amazing it was just a dam connector. Marshall will pay for all his work except for the expedite fee which I have no issue with. Dropped it off yesterday at 12:30 and picked it up today at 3:30...dam good service IMO.

Im as happy a a clam :thumbs:!!!

Last edited:
Reaction score
My Origin 50C Update 2:

My baby is back home are sounding perfect. He made a simple adjustment to the connector and reversed ends (flip flopped it) and it mad a nice tight connection with no more noise...amazing. He tested all the tubes - fine, checked out the pots - fine, checked out the board - fine and played it loud for a while - fine. He ordered the new output board and when it comes in he will send it to me and I will install it. For now he removed two 30 ohm resistors and added a jumper so the speaker jacks will operate as they should. He said Marshall made a big ass design goof here.

Amazing it was just a dam connector. Marshall will pay for all his work except for the expedite fee which I have no issue with. Dropped it off yesterday at 12:30 and picked it up today at 3:30...dam good service IMO.

I and as happy a a clam :thumbs:!!!
Damn hook me up with a tech like that. The only guy around here is a 70 year old man that frowns disdainfully at everyone who walks through the door and overcharges them on everything

MarshallDog

Reaction score

I dont have that info. He just made them work the way they were supposed to (Marshall obviously did not test them). They are 8 ohm each when using two separate external cabs. Not sure what mod would be needed to use two 4 ohm external cabs.

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score
My Origin 50C Update 2:

My baby is back home are sounding perfect. He made a simple adjustment to the connector and reversed ends (flip flopped it) and it made a nice tight connection with no more noise...amazing. He tested all the tubes - fine, checked out the pots - fine, checked out the board - fine and played it loud for a while - fine. He ordered the new output board and when it comes in he will send it to me and I will install it. For now he removed two 30 ohm resistors and added a jumper so the speaker jacks will operate as they should. He said Marshall made a big ass design goof here.

Im as happy a a clam :thumbs:!!!
Good for you bro, glad yor tech got it sorted and back to you, with the speaker out correctly working :cheers: 5:42 pacific time , just got home from work and I am going to hoist more than a few for your good fortune!:cool: