The Official Marshall Studio Vintage Thread Sv20h

• Thread starter Michael Roe
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BlueX

Reaction score
Ah

I'm looking for a new Reverb option. Is that Boss pedal really that good?
I think it is, yes. Heard from others that Boss found back to some earlier version that was popular, and that RV-6 is preferred over RV-5 and RV-4 (I think). Haven't tried any of those myself, so I cannot say for sure.

SonVolt

VIP Member
Reaction score
I just returned the new Boss RV-200. Sounds way too bright and artificial IMO, even with the onboard Treble rolled off. The UAFX Golden Reverb sounds dramatically better.

KelvinS1965

Reaction score
TC Hall of Fame mini reverb worked well for me, though I haven't tried it in the SV, only into my SC20 combo on the amp input (with the rest of my pedals) rather than in the send/return loop. Cool that you can load extra sounds via an App through your guitar pick up like an old school dial up internet noise. :)

Bewlay

Reaction score
I have a quick question for SV20H owners. I'm having technical issues with my amp, which started shortly after I received the amp new.
The issue has come and gone but right now is 100% there.

I also just noticed that Loudenss 1 is affecting the volume when I was plugged in to Channel 2 (not jumpered).
The reverse did not happen. I don't remember seeing this before but maybe I'm wrong?

So, guitar plugged in to Channel 2, Loudness 2 vol down, Loudness 1 vol up full and the guitar can be heard, not really loud but significantly there.
Turning down the volume lowers the volume, ie it's not just there, bleeding through.
Reverse: guitar in Channel 1, Loudness 1 vol down, Loudness 2 vol up full.....no sound at all (as I would expect).

Should this be happening? Would someone be able to check on their amp? I just want to make sure I have all the info. before I send it back to the retailer. Thanks!

(I have a thread going on The Workbench if anyone is interested in the background)

Dave_11

Reaction score
Just tried this with mine. I'm running a JohnH M2 attenuator, but with attenuation at minimum and on the 20W setting there is a bit of volume (and hiss) that behaved like you described in the first scenario. I've read that there is some interaction between the two channels, even when not jumpered. The volume coming out of the speaker on mine was fairly minimal, but remember it was running through the attenuator.

Just tried it again unattenuated. Same result only hiss and volume were a bit louder on the 20W setting with Loudness 1 all the way up. Guitar volume decreased as L1 was turned down.

Last edited:

Dave_11

Reaction score
I'm still learning about this amp and Marshalls in general, but last night I discovered that a Tele plugged into the High Treble low input sounds really, really nice. With volume around 10 o'clock it has a great edge of breakup tone, and using a TS9 as a volume boost, that's the sound of rock and roll :bowdown:

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
before, it wouldn't let me post the link... :shrug:

Latest posts