the pet peeves thread - today's peeve: when people don't listen

• Thread starter GibsonMarshallGuy47
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

tubes

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
What tubes? I searched in the workbench section but didn't see your comment? Most vintage Marshall amps have EL34 power tubes and 12AX7 preamp tubes.
What tubes? Who? Me?
I'm not in the workbench because my amps are not broken.
In my country we call them valves.
I am an adult and I believe I can't read a map very well. I always need to look twice and think about it. I am comparing myself to somebody that just needs to glance at it once.
I also can't read a circuit diagram very well.
It's nice that on a map you can trace a path without thinking 'what about induction?', 'this will cause noise'.

Vinsanitizer

Motivational Speaker
VIP Member
Reaction score
Pshh! - tell me about it...

People who complain. That's what pisses me off.

And guitars - because I'm so sick and tired of tuning them every day.
And tube amps because you always have to wait half a minute before you can play.

And some women, and also people.
Washing my car too, and vacuuming the inside. I hate that.
And when I order 9 Chicken McNuggets and they only gave me 8, AND they forget the sauces. :mad:
Breakfast cereal really pisses me off too. Expecially corn flakes.
Getting my hair trimmed - I do not understand why you can't just get one haircut and it should stay that way forever.
The earth; I am sick and tired of walking on it everywhere I go. Why can't we just float?

But what REALLY pisses me of is when people complain.

That's it. I've had enough of this already. :mad:
:io:

Last edited:

GibsonMarshallGuy47

Reaction score
Pshh! - tell me about it...

People who complain. That's what pisses me off.

And guitars - because I'm so sick and tired of tuning them every day.
And tube amps because you always have to wait half a minute before you can play.

And some women, and also people.
Washing my car too, and vacuuming the inside. I hate that.
And when I order 9 Chicken McNuggets and they only gave me 8, AND they forget the sauces. :mad:
Breakfast cereal really pisses me off.
Getting my hair trimmed - I do not understand why you can't just get one haircut and it should stay that way forever.
The earth; I am sick and tired of walking on it everywhere I go. Why can't we just float?

But what really pisses me of is when people complain.

That's it. I've had enough of this already. :mad:
:io:
oh, you're hilarious... you should have your own stand-up comedy special on Netflix. your jokes are so damn funny, I passed out from laughter.

Vinsanitizer

Motivational Speaker
VIP Member
Reaction score
oh, you're hilarious... you should have your own stand-up comedy special on Netflix. your jokes are so damn funny, I passed out from laughter.
Thanks bro. :yesway:

Edit: Wait - you didn't really pass out though, right? You just meant like a figure of speech thing, right?

Last edited:

WillyW

Reaction score
I think a lot of people discount the ehx soul food as and effective klon klone because of its relatively low price especially compared to the other pedals available

Vinsanitizer

Motivational Speaker
VIP Member
Reaction score
That picture is making me angry.
That would be okay I suppose - but it makes me angry for five different reasons at the same time.
Thank you for listening to me talk about my feelings.
tubes, tubes. :facepalm: You can't just waltz on in here and say 'five different reasons', without you LIST THE FIVE DIFFERENT REASONS. DAMMIT! :mad:

:D

Last edited:

Cal Nevari

Reaction score
I guess since we've established a thorough conversation about this particular pet peeve, we can move on to some others...

here's another one that bugs the crap out of me... people that lack the ability to follow a map. and I'm not talking about an elaborate, detailed, complex map. I'm talking about ANY map at all. even an incredibly simple, primitive one. I'm talking about functioning middle aged adults of average intelligence. not kids. not adults in their late teens or early 20's... people that have been adults well before GPS or the internet ever existed. seriously, following a map is like first grade stuff.
My wife is incapable of following the GPS on the car, even when it's telling her what to do! I hate it when she drives.

Cal Nevari

Reaction score
out of all my pet peeves that have to do with conversational dialogue, this has to be my biggest one...

whenever I have to communicate something important or urgent to someone verbally (or via text or e-mail), I always make sure to speak slowly, loudly, and clearly. if its a message I typed, I always make sure to be very simple, clear, and to the point - sometimes, judging by the person's response, I can clearly tell that they got what I said or asked completely wrong, proving that they were not listening to me. this drives me out of my mind. what makes it even worse is when the person who is not listening to me accuses ME of doing the same, when in reality, THEY are the guilty person who needs to get their frazzled brain together... these scenarios get me SO worked up and angry that I have to take a moment to breathe, and calm myself down.

anyone experience that, or have a similar pet peeve?
No one likes a complainer, but since this is a pet peeve thread...

My wife leaves clothes in the dryer all the time. Just infuriates me as I do most of the laundry. Just about to move the clean stuff over from the washer and -- dang! -- gotta take all the stuff out of the dryer first. Okay, yes, this is a first-world problem...

PelliX

Reaction score
Ten thousand pet peeves, but here's a simple one. People who don't throw away rubbish, but leave it laying around. I understand people who hate clearing up. I can see how cleaning things can be a bore. But to simply leave rubbish within arm's reach of a rubbish bin... just what the fuck is wrong with you?!?

So often I walk into the kitchen and there'll be an empty [something] packet on the worksurface. Why? I LOVE throwing things away. It's the easiest form of keeping things nice. I enter one of the bathrooms and there are empty bog rolls ON THE BIN.

OK, thanks, I feel much better now.

Purgasound

Rocker, Roller
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
People not listening. Here it happens all the time.

OP "What's wrong with my amp"

MF "Check your voltages"

OP "I just swapped tubes and it still doesn't sound right'

MF "check your voltages"

OP "I used a different cab and guitar and it still doesn't sound right"

MF "ok have you checked your voltages yet?"

OP "I just adjusted the bias and it still doesn't sound right"

MF " F U "

OP "nobody wants to help anybody and all the techs are elitist"

Latest posts