The photography thread.

• Thread starter Blokkadeleider
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

VicRattlehead

Reaction score
I like the Strahov one... Is that like a replica of Sistine Chapel?

what's the story of that library?
Off the top of my head i cant remember the story behind the library, i think i was there in December 2017 for the Christmas markets. Its in a fairly unsuspecting building on the grounds of the castle, there's also an equally cool library a few doors down from it but the way the light was coming in the window it was blowing out the colours badly so my shots of that were terrible.

I think i used a Tokina 11-16mm F2.8 lens for that shot, my camera has always been a Nikon D3200 👍

Edit: ive included a screenshot of the library beside it from my PC, my Prague folder is 51GB so i just took a screenshot of the first one i came across. You can see the light coming in from the top left, it was causing a yellow/amber glow due to the wood and the painted ceiling. Its a shame because it looked great in person, just not in my photo.

Screenshot_258548.jpg

Last edited:

Trumpet Rider

Reaction score
Papa got some new shoes!

My old Diadora cycling shoes are toast. They were fine last autumn when I put them away, but when I took them out for the first time this year they were...

Looking pretty sad
Diadora 1.JPG

Literally falling apart

Diadora 2.JPG

The ratcheting clamp fell out of the right one

Diadora 3.JPG

The same thing happened to the left one last year but I was able to repair it by submerging a threaded metal shank into a big blob of JB Weld and screwing the clamp to it (originally the clamp was screwed to a small nut that was beneath the plastic--which obviously pulled out as in the pic above).
diadora 4.JPG

The old ones lasted through 24 seasons and thousands of good miles. I hope the new Giros prove a worthy replacement, although it's doubtful I will still be riding my LeMond in 24 years.
Giro 1.JPG

Vinsanitizer

Motivational Speaker
VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice details.
With that much sun, wasn't f8 in order?

For that much light, I generally move up to f11's

Cheers
:hmm: I believe I was in aperture mode. I was trying to blur the background as much as I could from where I was standing, w/o the depth of field being too narrow, and that's where it landed.

Jethro Rocker

Reaction score
@Dogs of Doom - do you have any opinions on the use of $10 UV lens filters? I bought lens filters just so I can protect my lenses w/o having to constantly deal with lens caps. I just don't know if they mess with your photos in any way. Like maybe glare, or loss of sharpness, etc.
I use expensive ones that do not degrade the quality. It's worth it to protect the lens. Plus use caps.

nortiks

Reaction score
I use expensive ones that do not degrade the quality. It's worth it to protect the lens. Plus use caps.
Ditto. I did some testing years ago and even the untrained eye was able to tell the difference in IQ between a $10 UV vs a higher end B+W UV on otherwise same shot. LOL, I used to use a $50 B+W on a $90 (used) Canon 40mm pancake lens...

Vinsanitizer

Motivational Speaker
VIP Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

circles

Reaction score
Any post-processing?
Perfect colors, exposure, depth of field, detail.

Z-50 with 16-50mm lens is a nice really camera for about the same price as my Canon R50. I was just checking out some of its photos and I like the color tones and super crisp sharpness.
No retouch. I'm blown away by the performance of this camera. I've never changed the settings off automatic, but it seems to just nail it. Plus the ergonomics of a mirror-less, it's nice. (Nikon Z50)

Vinsanitizer

Motivational Speaker
VIP Member
Reaction score
No retouch. I'm blown away by the performance of this camera. I've never changed the settings off automatic, but it seems to just nail it. Plus the ergonomics of a mirror-less, it's nice. (Nikon Z50)
Nice. Might just be my next camera.

Jethro Rocker

Reaction score
Ditto. I did some testing years ago and even the untrained eye was able to tell the difference in IQ between a $10 UV vs a higher end B+W UV on otherwise same shot. LOL, I used to use a $50 B+W on a $90 (used) Canon 40mm pancake lens...
Absolutely! The latest line of Pro Hoya is similar to the B+W where they start with a chunk of glass rather than cookie cutter.