The photography thread.

• Thread starter Blokkadeleider
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
Most of my family lives there, although the younger ones are spreading abroad. It was easy for me to visit when my grandparents were alive. I could go visit them & then visit everyone else. Now, my grandparents are both gone & it's not so easy. Everyone has a busy schedule & it would be hit/miss.

Last time I was there was when my grandmother died a few years back...

CaptainZero

Reaction score
So sorry, I didn't realise the 114 y.o. massacre was still considered "political" or that you two set the parameters. Oh well, live and learn.
;>)/

Did I miss something? Was it the picture of the gun? I thought that was a picture you took. :shrug:

hobbit1066

Reaction score
mostly Sharon Den Adel and Within Temptation at the 02 academy in Birmingham, UK

Attachments

• IMG_0931.jpg
    IMG_0931.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1283.jpg
    IMG_1283.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1082.jpg
    IMG_1082.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1595.jpg
    IMG_1595.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 8

Blokkadeleider

Reaction score
For Christmas my mom made Mohnkuchen, truly good stuff. A traditional Silesian/Central European cake based on poppy seed.

Mohnkuchen! by blokkadeleider, on ipernity

Early saturday morning just around the corner...
The recipe is the following:
- Two Turks.
- One knife.
- An argument.
- One dead

Shit, fan, hit. by blokkadeleider, on ipernity

As I saw part of it while passing by I was invited to the police station on sunday morning to give an eye witness account. This hallway inside is called "The Milky Way" (I had permission to shoot as long as no persons were shown)
Those guys must be overworked. 5 murders in 2 weeks. In an area where only about 200.000 people live.

De Melkweg, politiebureau Hengelo by blokkadeleider, on ipernity

Later on sunday walking home from the police station I passed the Siemens building in Hengelo:

Siemens building, Hengelo by blokkadeleider, on ipernity

On monday we even had a bit of a wintery feeling. Station Square in Enschede:

Winter finally came! by blokkadeleider, on ipernity

Jazz is not dead!

Jazz is not Dead! by blokkadeleider, on ipernity

Last light of 2014... coming home from work this afternoon:

Last light of 2014 by blokkadeleider, on ipernity

Gr,

Gerrit.

Ghostman

Reaction score
I took some artsy photos of my gear and this one worked out great for my lock screen.

btMfYzR.png

Blokkadeleider

Reaction score
Today we finally have some snow...

Twentse Winter by blokkadeleider, on ipernity

Had to take my amp to the doctor last week... All problems were fixed once again

Visiting the amp doctor by blokkadeleider, on ipernity

The synagogue of Enschede. Has had police protection ever since the attack on the Jewish museum in Brussels.

Synagoge Enschede by blokkadeleider, on ipernity

A carousel on Enschede's new market square. This was part of the old town until the Americans flew over one night in 1944 and then it was a rather large square.

Carousel in Enschede in the late morning today by blokkadeleider, on ipernity

Gr,

Gerrit.

Blokkadeleider

Reaction score
Akzo-Nobel in Hengelo at night.
It's a salt factory.
I worked there for more than 5 years...

Twentekanaal at Akzo Hengelo by blokkadeleider, on ipernity

Our singer Erik pretending to be Jan Vayne.

Jan Vayne by blokkadeleider, on ipernity

The castle of Bentheim, about 20 miles from here just over the German border.
The oldest parts date from the early 1100's.
It also has a statue of Christ on the inner courtyard which happens to be the oldest still existing depiction of Christ north of the Rhine.
The statue is called "Herrgott von Bentheim" and used to be an expression often used as profanity in large parts of Northern Germany.

Burg Bentheim by blokkadeleider, on ipernity

The statue of Jan Pietersz. Coen in the town of Hoorn before it was accidentally run over by a truck and placed back with a silly apologetic extra plaquette describing his so-called crimes against the Indonesian population.

Dispereert niet! by blokkadeleider, on ipernity

Gr,

Gerrit

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
Akzo-Nobel in Hengelo at night.
It's a salt factory.
I worked there for more than 5 years...

Twentekanaal at Akzo Hengelo by blokkadeleider, on ipernity

The castle of Bentheim, about 20 miles from here just over the German border.
The oldest parts date from the early 1100's.
It also has a statue of Christ on the inner courtyard which happens to be the oldest still existing depiction of Christ north of the Rhine.
The statue is called "Herrgott von Bentheim" and used to be an expression often used as profanity in large parts of Northern Germany.

Burg Bentheim by blokkadeleider, on ipernity

Gr,

Gerrit
Is that steam at the factory?

It'd be cool to see a pic of the statue. Maybe next time? So, the statue of Christ is/was used as profanity towards someone?

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
good to see you out taking shots... :yesway:

good composition for the most part. One thing about doing macros, is when you start learning ratios of distance vs focal length & DOF, the closer to the subject, the more DOF you need. In the 1st shot, good eye! It could have been nicer w/ a bit more DOF. Look at the green center of the flower. It would've been nice to get that part nice & sharp too. Don't be afraid to use a little flash, or even a white card reflecter to bounce more light onto the subject. The 2nd & 3rd shots could have used the same.

On the 3rd shot. I'll just challenge you to try different angles too. Try viewing that plant from all 360º & look at how the light/shadows are. I think you could have found a better angle of sunlight in regards from the camera angle to subject. Using flash could also helped a bit...

Not bad, but, just trying to get you to develope your eye a bit & get you thinking. The more you have to go on, think about & put into practice, the more you'll learn & start getting better results...

I'll post some of my flower shots, what I can find...