The Recording Thread

• Thread starter blues_n_cues
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Coronado

Reaction score
I've been looking at both these options, the e609 and the Cab clip on mic stands. I'd like to get a decent one for my SM57 since I don't move it at all, and the floor stand is kind of a pita, in my setup.

I hear ya on that - the floor stand holds the SM57 well, but its kind of awkward and I'm always knocking into it. The e609 has been really handy - I can just pull it off the cab and then drape it over another amp/cab and its ready to go. The cab grabber idea would be cool I think because you can hopefully just leave it set up where you like it and then pop in the SM57 when your ready, plus its off the ground and away from cables and pedals (and me kicking it...). I see a couple models of grabbers, they both seem to look pretty good.

Australian

Green Beret
VIP Member
Reaction score
Did anyone else here jump at the $40 deal on these 4 Waves plugins last week?
Just the L3 Multimaximizer is
$349 and I got the 4 of them for $40.
They sound good too.

Coronado

Reaction score
Did anyone else here jump at the $40 deal on these 4 Waves plugins last week?
Just the L3 Multimaximizer is
$349 and I got the 4 of them for $40.
They sound good too.

Crap - I need to check and see if its still available. I've been looking for some plugins like this. Wow, $40?! That is crazy cheap!

Thanks for the heads up! Hope they still have it available!

Australian

Green Beret
VIP Member
Reaction score
Crap - I need to check and see if its still available. I've been looking for some plugins like this. Wow, $40?! That is crazy cheap!

Thanks for the heads up! Hope they still have it available!

Actually I just checked. It was $49 not $40. But still, all 4 plugins would usually total up around $800.

If you're subscribed to receive Waves notifications, you'll get emailed about their weekend deals that they run each week.

Here are some current deals:
http://www.waves.com/specials#sort:...st-view|paging:currentPage=0|paging:number=20

Coronado

Reaction score
WOW! The Puig Tec EQ (which if I'm not mistaken is the plugin version of the famous Pultec EQ?) is $49!! That was crazy expensive when I looked a while back! EXCELLENT! Thank you!

Australian

Green Beret
VIP Member
Reaction score
WOW! The Puig Tec EQ (which if I'm not mistaken is the plugin version of the famous Pultec EQ?) is $49!! That was crazy expensive when I looked a while back! EXCELLENT! Thank you!

Yep its the Pultec. A must have! I have another version of it and they sound good even if you just have them on the mix buss for color.

But these L3-LL's sound really good. It beats buying an Ozone 7 for $500.

Coronado

Reaction score
Yep its the Pultec. A must have! I have another version of it and they sound good even if you just have them on the mix buss for color.

Awesome! That's what the StudioOne Youtube video I was recently watching was talking about. This producer was giving some tips and he was talking about the Pultec (as well as I believe it was the limiter/compressor?) and he mentioned just having them added (without adjusting anything) really helped to bring out some great color! That is really cool.

Australian

Green Beret
VIP Member
Reaction score
I usually use Apollo UAD plugins.
But The Waves Maserati and Marroquin bundle is really good for certain things. Like Toms, that you don't want to spend a lot of time on. that you want to bring out a certain sound. They're quick and easy with some of the signature plugins.
I tried the CLA Signature plugins and didn't thing they sounded as good as the Waves Maserati Signature ones.

This is great if you want a good compressor/Limiter. You can download the Junior version for free.
http://klanghelm.com/contents/main.php

MJUC - variable-tube compressor

Last edited:

Coronado

Reaction score
Excellent! Thank you! Going to check this out now. Definitely going to grab some of these while they are on sale. Some of these prices are just too good to pass up!

Coronado

Reaction score
I'm sick to my stomach - the wife asked me to go with her family yesterday for a "quick lunch". Ended up being all frickin day. Got in late, didn't order the Pultec. Yesterday, it was $40 bucks. Today, its $299. FUCK. I'm a complete idiot!!! :noplease:

Australian

Green Beret
VIP Member
Reaction score
:wow: Hopefully it will be on special again soon.

Last year plug-in prices were crazy on Black Friday. If you can wait till then.

Coronado

Reaction score
:wow: Hopefully it will be on special again soon.

Last year plug-in prices were crazy on Black Friday. If you can wait till then.

I really hope so - soon as I logged on, I thought oh man, please still be on sale. Saw that $299 and just dropped my head... What a fool I am! :facepalm:

Thanks again so much for the great tip! I'll be watching for more deals. Looks like they still have several items on sale?

blues_n_cues

VIP Member
Reaction score
if you're referring to the Pultronic 110P,based off the classic Pultec tube EQ it comes free w/ Mixcraft & I've been using it for years,especially for Bass stuff & final "analog" tone bumps in the Masters.
wp178e7f83_06.png

Coronado

Reaction score
if you're referring to the Pultronic 110P,based off the classic Pultec tube EQ it comes free w/ Mixcraft & I've been using it for years,especially for Bass stuff & final "analog" tone bumps in the Masters.
wp178e7f83_06.png

Oh wow! If I could find if for free, that would be great!! The Puig Tec EQ (which is the plugin version of the Pultec EQ) is $299! Free sounds pretty damn good!

blues_n_cues

VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh wow! If I could find if for free, that would be great!! The Puig Tec EQ (which is the plugin version of the Pultec EQ) is $299! Free sounds pretty damn good!
well, "free" means that you buy Mixcraft's recording DAW,plus you get ALL the extras for free which is worth the money-just the keys & drums are worth it.
http://www.acoustica.com/mixcraft/

you get a whole lot more w/ Pro Studio too.
still,a helluva lot cheaper than $299.
I've been using this one for 10 years & it's EXACTLY the same as the $3000 hardwired outboard unit & even then, the 20+ year old units are more expensive & regarded over the newer units.

Last edited:

Robert Herndon Project

In Memorandum
Reaction score
I put my amp in a soundproof room. Run it almost wide open....record with low mic gain. I found placing the mic in a velour, curved back chair, kind of shaped the sound....cannot get "that tone" unless almost full volume is used...