• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

The Silver Jubilee Cult

• Thread starter Australian
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JacksonCharvelAddict

Reaction score
I like a boost that streamlines the bass a little bit, not just a pure clean boost. I have used the mxr 10 band EQ set with a slight mid boost, the voodoo labs giggity, the Tony Iommi boost, and the mxr sugar drive. All of them work great. Out of those I think the EQ and the sugar drive are the most transparent. The giggity and the TI boost add a welcome bit of nastiness.

I need to give the giggity a try.

dudu

Reaction score
The way I set my 2555SL to sound its best (presence on 8, bass on 4, mids at noon, highs on 7, lead volume on 10, gain on 6), there is a slight mid-frequency build-up that I like to clean a bit by using a 10-band EQ in the loop to cut about 2-3dB at 250Hz. The resulting tone is pretty much perfection.

ampeq

Reaction score
Thats a cult I never dug, and I had my application in with Jim Jones!

Australian

Green Beret
VIP Member
Reaction score
I ended up getting a Fulltone FB3 and a Crowther Hotcake .
Havnt tried them yet but am sure to have some fun this afternoon.

Ray Baker

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a 2555, '87, and JacksonCharvelAddict is spot on with his comment about a MXR ZW44 or a 10 bank EQ. I have both on my pedalboard (see my photo in Full Stack Friday" thread). Depends on the songs I am playing or just when jamming, how I feel. My MXR 10 band is one of the old 110v plug-in's, always on models. I rarely use it. When I want a boost I use the ZW44 sometimes I use the MXR Studio Compressor. It's really badass for a very clean boost. I am able to play loud so I usually dial the volume back a little and let the tubes give me the sustain I really need. Having never played a 2525H I don't know what you're up against but I can tell you I have had a ZW44 since it came out way back when, got rid of an Boss OD1 for it and it is my go-to OD pedal. The MXR 10 band, I have three of them, and they are noisy (I understand why Ozzy said Randy's pedal board was so noisy) or the MXR Studio Compressor will do you well. I haven't used one yet but you may even want to consider a Solo Dallas pedal.

Last edited:

Ray Baker

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm now a proud owner of a Marshall 2525h+2536a :). Absolutely loving this amp, cleans are amazing and the overdrive is just instant "Slash tone". I'm in love :kiss:

I have a 2555, '87, and JacksonCharvelAddict is spot on with his comment about a MXR ZW44 or a 10 bank EQ. I have both on my pedalboard (see my photo in Full Stack Friday" thread). Depends on the songs I am playing or just when jamming, how I feel. My MXR 10 band is one of the old 110v plug-in's, always on models. I rarely use it. When I want a boost I use the ZW44 sometimes I use the MXR Studio Compressor. It's really badass for a very clean boost. I am able to play loud so I usually dial the volume back a little and let the tubes give me the sustain I really need. Having never played a 2525H I don't know what you're up against but I can tell you I have had a ZW44 since it came out way back when, got rid of an Boss OD1 for it and it is my go-to OD pedal. The MXR 10 band, I have three of them, and they are noisy (I understand why Ozzy said Randy's pedal board was so noisy) or the MXR Studio Compressor will do you well. I haven't used one yet but you may even want to consider a Solo Dallas pedal.

Australian

Green Beret
VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow the Hotcake is the pedal I've been looking for. You know how Drive pedals usually flatten out the dynamics...well this actually adds my dynamic to the sound.
Its a keeper. Works like a charm with the Jubilee.

JacksonCharvelAddict

Reaction score

The ZW44 blends so well with the Jubilee. Even with the gain up a ways it sounds great.

JacksonCharvelAddict

Reaction score

This makes me wan t to get a Fortin Grind. I have heard someone has found the EQ curve on the Grind and recreated the sound with an EQ pedal.

Kody

Reaction score
I just picked up a 1996 model 2555SL. The thing sounds great and seems to work properly but there is one thing I’m not sure about since I’ve never owned a jube. The clean channel is way quieter than the lead... lead channel if I get output master at noon it’s peeling rye paint, but on the clean channel I csn dime the output master and yes it’s loud but nowhere comparable to what the lead channel would be if it was dimed. Is this normal or could there be an issue.

Kelia

Reaction score
I just picked up a 1996 model 2555SL. The thing sounds great and seems to work properly but there is one thing I’m not sure about since I’ve never owned a jube. The clean channel is way quieter than the lead... lead channel if I get output master at noon it’s peeling rye paint, but on the clean channel I csn dime the output master and yes it’s loud but nowhere comparable to what the lead channel would be if it was dimed. Is this normal or could there be an issue.
No issues ,......normal ,..someone else will chime in with some better
explanation ,.It's been too long I've played mine .

Kody

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Just wanted to check with someone who has some experience with these things. I’m loving it, it’s very similar in tone and overall feel to my 2466 vintage modern but the jube is a lot smoother and has way more bottom in that thumps you in the chest. I always heard the EQ on these things works extremely well and I can confirm that it’s true!