• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

The Silver Jubilee Cult

• Thread starter Australian
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kelia

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Just wanted to check with someone who has some experience with these things. I’m loving it, it’s very similar in tone and overall feel to my 2466 vintage modern but the jube is a lot smoother and has way more bottom in that thumps you in the chest. I always heard the EQ on these things works extremely well and I can confirm that it’s true!
And it's also very touch sensitive ,.......I was playing more with my guitar knob than
pressing on the clip mod ,........I would play on with the clip pressed and stay there
or play without it ,....easy and no brainer,......JCM800 with some sweetness !

Jethro Rocker

Reaction score
I just picked up a 1996 model 2555SL. The thing sounds great and seems to work properly but there is one thing I’m not sure about since I’ve never owned a jube. The clean channel is way quieter than the lead... lead channel if I get output master at noon it’s peeling rye paint, but on the clean channel I csn dime the output master and yes it’s loud but nowhere comparable to what the lead channel would be if it was dimed. Is this normal or could there be an issue.

It is gain dependent. I think of it as Gain and Master Volume for Clean channel. Set it with some eye on where you want gain for Lead channel. Then I balance the Lead channel volume using Lead volume. It isn't a true 2 channel as such, the gain is shared so it is a bit of a compromise.
When I want cleanish passages, I set gain down around 6 or 7 or so and have MV set for overall. Then balance Lead volume to that setting. Normally I have gain higher, which works fime if I don't switch back to Clean. Make sense?

Thanks for the reply. Just wanted to check with someone who has some experience with these things. I’m loving it, it’s very similar in tone and overall feel to my 2466 vintage modern but the jube is a lot smoother and has way more bottom in that thumps you in the chest. I always heard the EQ on these things works extremely well and I can confirm that it’s true!

It does! With bass pinned it almost sounds like a bass amp!! Beatuty of an amp.

Kody

Reaction score
I like diming the bass myself, my les Paul is quite bright so it works out. And with this thing cranked you feel that bass in your chest.
I’ve had many Marshall’s come and go but this thing is staying it really is a tone monster...I also realized just how good the clean channel is on it..almost fender like clean, it’s very impressive.

El Gringo

Reaction score
It is gain dependent. I think of it as Gain and Master Volume for Clean channel. Set it with some eye on where you want gain for Lead channel. Then I balance the Lead channel volume using Lead volume. It isn't a true 2 channel as such, the gain is shared so it is a bit of a compromise.
When I want cleanish passages, I set gain down around 6 or 7 or so and have MV set for overall. Then balance Lead volume to that setting. Normally I have gain higher, which works fime if I don't switch back to Clean. Make sense?

It does! With bass pinned it almost sounds like a bass amp!! Beatuty of an amp.
What is most facinating to me is how the clean channel can peel paint and shatter glass ( just like a good Marshall should any day of the week ) If i didn't like the lead channel so much i could use it alone on the clean channel alone as it is that good of an amp . Sometimes I swear the clean channel has more firepower than the lead channel ! Such a great amp , to be able to go from clean to mean with a stomp on the footswitch . Talk about versatile :headbanger:

Jethro Rocker

Reaction score
What is most facinating to me is how the clean channel can peel paint and shatter glass ( just like a good Marshall should any day of the week ) If i didn't like the lead channel so much i could use it alone on the clean channel alone as it is that good of an amp . Sometimes I swear the clean channel has more firepower than the lead channel ! Such a great amp , to be able to go from clean to mean with a stomp on the footswitch . Talk about versatile :headbanger:
I don't play clean much. I like the grit with high gain on clean channel but I live in Lead channel.

Kody

Reaction score
I’m really gassing to try this amp with a g12 vintage loaded cab to see if it makes the amp shine even more. It sounds great through my 425A with the G12C greenbacks but I understand the jube was voiced for the V30’s

Jethro Rocker

Reaction score
I’m really gassing to try this amp with a g12 vintage loaded cab to see if it makes the amp shine even more. It sounds great through my 425A with the G12C greenbacks but I understand the jube was voiced for the V30’s
G12 vintage is the ticket! My 2558 came with those, it's perfect.

Kody

Reaction score
Just curious, what do you guys think has the better tone? Cranking the output master full tilt and using lead master to set volume or the opposite IE cranking lead master full and using output master for volume.

El Gringo

Reaction score
There's a great new review on the 2555x RI by Doug Quale in Guitar Interactive. He just bought one. He's using it for recording and absolutely loves it, as you'll see.

... Be sure to watch the embedded 20 min video... Probably one of the best video reviews of the RI out there.

https://edition.pagesuite-professional.co.uk/html5/reader/production/default.aspx?pubname=Guitar Interactive Magazine&edid=651a193b-2c5b-49ba-be5a-c3be7ecd24c6&pnum=94
This is one of the better reviews on our beloved amp and ditto for the video review as well . Thanks for posting !

mad5066

Reaction score
Just curious, what do you guys think has the better tone? Cranking the output master full tilt and using lead master to set volume or the opposite IE cranking lead master full and using output master for volume.

Both ways give different tones, it's a matter of opinion and what you're looking for.

FleshOnGear

Harmonic Hermit
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ll have to try turning my lead master down and cranking the output. I had always dimed everything but the output and treble!

Jethro Rocker

Reaction score
I find no difference overly. I set MV as overall given where the gain is set for clean channel. Then I balance Lead channel to that. So the Lead Master is used only to set the volume of that channel given where the MV is for the venue.
If it sounds better with MV way up, then it might be too loud to use clean channel. I use mine as a 2 channel.

Kody

Reaction score
I forgot to mention that I use mine as a single channel amp most times. I just roll down my volume to vary the gain or to clean up. Good pickups and good pots and caps I can get sparkly cleans by rolling off the volume.

Jethro Rocker

Reaction score
I forgot to mention that I use mine as a single channel amp most times. I just roll down my volume to vary the gain or to clean up. Good pickups and good pots and caps I can get sparkly cleans by rolling off the volume.
When using lead channel my gain is high to full so even turnjng volume down on guotar and switching to clean channel it still has some grit. A bit. Which is ok by me.

AlboK

Reaction score
Has anyone used the amp this way. I have a 2525h. Use the clean channel MV/8 and Input gain 7. This bypasses all the diode clippings. Then I boost it with my TS9. The amp is so much brighter like an 800. This is so cool because you can use the darker Jub tone but also get that brighter 800 tone in one amp. What a versitle amp.

JacksonCharvelAddict

Reaction score
This is one of the better reviews on our beloved amp and ditto for the video review as well . Thanks for posting !

There is a part in the video where he states the original Jubilee didn't have a loop which is not true. If you ignore his incorrect commentary its a great video. Probably the most accurate Jubilee tone I have heard on video.

El Gringo

Reaction score
I set them the same and depending on the situation they are both set between 5-7 . Both of them on 5 is massive .