• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

The Stylus Pick

• Thread starter mcblink
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ghostman

Reaction score
Hey Ghost, did you order a cab-grabber type of mic holder? I've been looking at different versions and they look pretty cool. If you did, how is it working for you? When I record, I use multiple cabinets/combos and such, and I'm always having to move the mic around. That cab grabber type of mic holder looks like it could be a nice way to make a quick cab switch! :yesway:

I bought the hard mount on style, not the grabber. What I did, was buy the mic mount, and you can get the bases separate for super cheap. Mount the bases on what ever cabs you want to move around to, and it's super easy. No more guess work and time to reset up mics. I hate dealing with the setup before recording. My ideas escape me way too quickly to be messing around with setup before I actually hit the Record button.

Coronado

Reaction score
I bought the hard mount on style, not the grabber. What I did, was buy the mic mount, and you can get the bases separate for super cheap. Mount the bases on what ever cabs you want to move around to, and it's super easy. No more guess work and time to reset up mics. I hate dealing with the setup before recording. My ideas escape me way too quickly to be messing around with setup before I actually hit the Record button.

That's a great idea! I've been looking at a way I can mount a mic holder on say my main 4x12, and perhaps also the 1x12 I use most. The other cabs I can just hang the e609 over, or just use the mic stands. I've been experimenting with a few different mics, and its nice to be able to quickly swap mics over on the different amps, and not have to stop to mess with getting the mic/stand swapped out when I have something I quickly want to record.

Thanks again! :yesway:

mazzefr

Reaction score
Funny you ask...I haven't been. It just happens without noticing that I'm suddenly just playing tunes and not working. I noticed I was in a rut and it hit me the other day. While I've wanted to do half work, half fun, when time is tight, I just do fun. Getting back on it today along with learning new stuff while avoiding songs I already know.

Vinsanitizer

AKA "Vinnie the Tits".
VIP Member
Reaction score
Currently living in a van down by the river.
Stylii are for vinyl record players. Real men pick like Slash, like Ace Frehley and like Jimmy Page. Real steak and potatoes, not Hamburger Helper. Real dairy ice cream, none of that Ray Kroc powdered Mix 'n Serve crapolla. They pick at a downward angle, not that sissy upward stuff like Santana and Neal Schon, and they rest their pinky on the Les Paul's pick guard. They use 10' and 11's and pick like they're chiseling steal, not slicing a turkey with a Ronco™ KitchenMate. Besides, what hell are you gonna do when you're out in the great wilderness and you lose that pansy stylus thing and all's you've got is a dead turtle and a Buck 110 knife?

Vinsanitizer

AKA "Vinnie the Tits".
VIP Member
Reaction score
that's why ya buy'em by the dozen. lol
just a training thing not for live sit ye ations
Ooooooh Rickconnect. :nono:
You not prepare for every ting.
One day you go hungry.
One day everyone have soup - no soup for you.
One day every one have pick - no pick for you.
You not prepare for every ting.
Ooooooh Rickconnect.
Oooh. :nono:

Last edited:

mcblink

Reaction score
Actually, I've been busy with work. I was just thinking about these the other day though. I had a good deal of success in those first couple or few days with it and then *poof*, I was back at work. I want to keep going with it, but I've a feeling that as summer approaches, I'll only get busier.

I will be playing with it more, just a matter of when.

I'm also interested in hearing about GM's experiences with it so far, too.

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
for fingerstyle (bass) players, there's ramps. a lot of flamenco players play above the neck, because it also works the same.

the point is not to dig too deep. The wood ramp blocks your fingers from poking too deep, below the strings, & for flamenco, the neck works similarly...

I recently made me a ramp for my fretless jazz & I dig it.

Vinsanitizer

AKA "Vinnie the Tits".
VIP Member
Reaction score
Ooooooh Rickyson. :nono:
You piss Sensei Chuck Narris.
He find you out.
photo-2885.jpg
< he not look too happy. :ugh:

Last edited:

Vinsanitizer

AKA "Vinnie the Tits".
VIP Member
Reaction score
Brrrrring...

Herro, dis Chuck Nollis?
Yes.
Chuck, Rickconnect in big touble.
Why?
No soup for Rickconnect.
Why?
Because no pick for Rickconnect.
Sensei?
...click!
Oooooooo no. Chuck Nollis looking for you now Rick. Big trouble. :ohno:

Last edited:

Denise

Reaction score
Does the type of pick you use really make a difference?....if so, how? What should a beginner use?

mazzefr

Reaction score
Does the type of pick you use really make a difference?....if so, how? What should a beginner use?

They sell variety packs of picks at most music stores. You can hear and feel the different sounds you get and an idea of what you like. I find the best thing to do to control pick attack noise is less about the pick and more about how you hold it. A softer grip gives less noise, death grip gives more.

Last edited:

Denise

Reaction score
They sell variety packs of picks at most music stores. You can hear and feel the different sounds you get and get an idea of what you like. I find the best thing to do to control pick attack noise is less about the pick and more about how you hold it. A softer grip gives less noise, death grip gives more.
Cool beans...I will try different ones!