• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

The Temperance Movement. Listen to this!

• Thread starter Johnt
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Johnt

Reaction score
Wow, you've just got to catch this band live. Ive seen them twice now and have tickets to see them again in May. Their debut album's superb too.:applause:
Take a look and listen to some of their stuff on YouTube. Click the example links below the picture.

3a915f020ba32e65951e290fb52e2491_zps933661ed.jpg

The Temperance Movement - Only Friend (Rehearsal Session) - YouTube

The Temperance Movement - Ain't No Telling (Live at Kore) - YouTube

The Temperance Movement - Lovers & Fighters (Live in the Living Room) - YouTube

The Temperance Movement : "Chinese Lanterns" live at Bodega, Nottingham 4-5-13 - YouTube

JohnT

Last edited:

Georgiatec

VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: The Temperance Movement

I'm liking that a lot John. Good to know Cowell's hand of shite doesn't wave over everything. :yesway: There are still great bands out there :applause:

Blacque Jacque

Reaction score

I've not had chance to see them live, but their record is brilliant. They were being pushed quite hard on PlanetRock when their EP first came out & they still get plenty of airplay (rightly so).

Been a fan for quite some time now.

Johnt

Reaction score

I've not had chance to see them live, but their record is brilliant. They were being pushed quite hard on PlanetRock when their EP first came out & they still get plenty of airplay (rightly so).

Been a fan for quite some time now.

Agreed, I first heard them on Planet Rock when the EP came out and had to go and see them. I. Caught them at the Borderline last February 2013 and then went to Poole to catch them again. I have tickets to see them in Portsmouth in May.

This band are heading for greatness. Catch them at a smaller venue while you still can.

Here's a link to their website so you can see if they're anywhere near you on their next tour.

TTM_index

JohnT

4STICKS

Reaction score

Nice! I'm diggin that!:applause:

paul-e-mann

Reaction score

I like what I heard so far! Kind of like a mix between Allmans and Black crows kind of thing comes to mind.

DirtySteve

Hold my beer!
VIP Member
Reaction score

I liked it right away, cool! Thanks for posting.

Thanks for turning me on to this. I like them alot. The singer at first I wasn't sure of and then I got it.

The first thing I thought was he has a Dan McCafferty (of Nazareth) thing going on...love it! :yesway:

edit: I've listened to several songs now and I really like these guys. A lot of why I like it so much is the vocals. :yesway:

Last edited:

X2203xman

Reaction score

The first thing I thought was he has a Dan McCafferty (of Nazareth) thing going on...love it! :yesway:
They have a great sound,I love that kind of rock.And damn Steve,I'm impressed with that bit of Nazareth trivia.Love those guys too.

JC@69G

Reaction score

edit: I've listened to several songs now and I really like these guys. A lot of why I like it so much is the vocals. :yesway:

Nazareth! That's it! Yeah I get that. See the first video I listened to in the beginning I wasn't sure if I was going to like it but after listening to the rest and searching for more on youtube I was on iTunes getting the EP. His voice is catchy! LOL! They are good! I love that raw rock n' roll groove and vibe a lot!

4STICKS

Reaction score

Nazareth! That's it! Yeah I get that. See the first video I listened to in the beginning I wasn't sure if I was going to like it but after listening to the rest and searching for more on youtube I was on iTunes getting the EP. His voice is catchy! LOL! They are good! I love that raw rock n' roll groove and vibe a lot!

They're badass!:hbang:

Ydna

In Memorandum
Reaction score

Dig this. Agreed it sounds like Allman Bros plus Black Crows.

DirtySteve

Hold my beer!
VIP Member
Reaction score

Johnt

Reaction score
The album can be bought as a disc or downloaded from Amazon and elsewhere I'm sure.
I think I ordered my copy directly from Earache Records and the guys all signed it. :cool:

JohnT

Latest posts